Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Harris says the "M" word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave L View Post

If any support divorce and remarriage based on Matthew 19:9, they promote adultery. Take a poll and find out before making any false accusations about me.
    Here's what you do, Dave...
    You make WILD assumptions
    You paint with a REALLY broad brush
    Then you utter forth judgment and condemnation.

If that's not a Pharisee, what is?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Let's take the beam from your own eye first. And then deal with Jimmy.
      That exhortation is with regard to hypocrisy. For example, if you are greedy, then you have no business condemning someone else for greed. It is not a general prohibition against calling out someone's sin.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• It seems to me that Dave is throwing around accusations to avoid addressing his support for Carter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          It seems to me that Dave is throwing around accusations to avoid addressing his support for Carter.
          Yeah, perhaps he realizes how silly that was, but can't quite bring himself to admit it.

Another characteristic of a cultist.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Meanwhile, what I was referencing yesterday...

Biden Calls Kamala ‘President Harris’ … Again

On Tuesday, President Joe Biden addressed a crowd in Atlanta, Georgia, regarding the Democratic Party’s push for two federal bills supposedly about protecting voting rights, but made an unforced error while reading the teleprompter, and referred to his Vice President Kamala Harris as “President Harris.” It is not the first time the commander-in-chief has misidentified his number two in command.

“Last week, President Harris and I stood in the United States Capitol,” the president errantly said in reference to the Democratic Party’s remembrance of the January 6 riot which Harris compared to Pearl Harbor and 9/11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Churches are full of sinners, Dave - like Hospitals are full of sick people.
              And as my pastor once said, "If you continue to struggle with sin, thank God, because it means the sin hasn't beaten you!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That exhortation is with regard to hypocrisy. For example, if you are greedy, then you have no business condemning someone else for greed. It is not a general prohibition against calling out someone's sin.
                Here we have an adulterous church (Those who divorce and remarry based on Mathew 19:9) condemning homosexuality. A sin of equal weight in the OT. = Hypocrisy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

OK assuming you are right, are you without sin? Why is it OK for you to condemn others for "supporting adultery" when you have your own logs in your eye, but you claim they can't condemn Jimmy Carter for supporting gay marriage while they support adultery through divorce?

What's the difference here? Are your own rules too good for you?
                  He is no worse than churches that promote adultery.

Comment

And as my pastor once said, "If you continue to struggle with sin, thank God, because it means the sin hasn't beaten you!"
                    Interesting. And we know that even Paul struggled with sin.

Comment

Here we have an adulterous church (Those who divorce and remarry based on Mathew 19:9) condemning homosexuality. A sin of equal weight in the OT. = Hypocrisy
                      So you openly condemn the "church" for implicitly supporting adultery but refuse to openly condemn your idol Jimmy Carter despite him explicitly supporting homosexuality, which is a sin of equal weight according to the Old Testament.

That is indeed hypocritical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Interesting. And we know that even Paul struggled with sin.
                        We all do, if we are honest.

Comment

We all do, if we are honest.
                          Unless we blame God because we have no free will.

Comment

So you openly condemn the "church" for implicitly supporting adultery but refuse to openly condemn your idol Jimmy Carter despite him explicitly supporting homosexuality, which is a sin of equal weight according to the Old Testament.

That is indeed hypocritical.
                            He is wrong. But anyone who promotes divorce and remarriage is guilty of a sin of equal weight. (hint: most churches do).

Comment

He is no worse than churches that promote adultery.
                              You demand that others condemn churches that support divorce and yet refuse to simply say that Carter is wrong to claim that Jesus supports gay marriage. Or is it that you agree with Jimmy?

ETA: I see you finally said "he was wrong" followed immediately by "but"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

He is wrong. But anyone who promotes divorce and remarriage is guilty of a sin of equal weight. (hint: most churches do).
                                Oh, so now it's only "most churches".

I also find your claim about sins of "equal weight" rather specious, because by that standard, nobody who attends one of the churches you look down your nose at would be unable to condemn murder, which is of "equal weight" to homosexuality and adultery if we go by the penalty. And I wonder, what sins do you condemn in others despite being guilty of an equally weighted sin in your own life? Does this, then, make you doubly hypocritically? I think you just strangled yourself with your own ephod.
                                Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-12-2022, 11:54 AM.

Comment