Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jan6 - the ANNIVERSARY of the BIG INSURRECTION....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

I'll let Cruz off the hook for his previous asinine remarks about January 6th, just for having the gonads to ask him that question.

Interestingly enough, Garland had almost the same reaction when he was previously asked about the infamous Ray Epps and his involvement with January 6th.
    And, on THAT....

Adam Kinzinger Blows up the Jan. 6 Game Against the GOP With His Ray Epps Defense

Sanborn’s responses were not comforting. She did not deny that the FBI could have had people involved. She just said repeatedly that she couldn’t answer those questions.

Cruz also brought up the question of Ray Epps, noting that he’d encouraged people to enter the Capitol. Many people have speculated on why — when the FBI has gone after anyone within spitting distance of the Capitol — that they haven’t gone after him, and why he was initially on the FBI list but was then removed, despite no charges. Sanborn would not say when Cruz asked if Epps was a “fed.”

The Jan. 6 Committee then issued an interesting statement, claiming that Epps said he wasn’t working for the FBI and wasn’t an informant.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      The Jan. 6 Committee then issued an interesting statement, claiming that Epps said he wasn’t working for the FBI and wasn’t an informant.
      Oh, well, if he said so then I guess that settles it. No, really.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And, on THAT....

Adam Kinzinger Blows up the Jan. 6 Game Against the GOP With His Ray Epps Defense

Sanborn’s responses were not comforting. She did not deny that the FBI could have had people involved. She just said repeatedly that she couldn’t answer those questions.

Cruz also brought up the question of Ray Epps, noting that he’d encouraged people to enter the Capitol. Many people have speculated on why — when the FBI has gone after anyone within spitting distance of the Capitol — that they haven’t gone after him, and why he was initially on the FBI list but was then removed, despite no charges. Sanborn would not say when Cruz asked if Epps was a “fed.”

GASLIGHT.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Because the libs are making a whole big deal of this "insurrection", where not a single person was charged accordingly.
          Is "seditious conspiracy" close enough?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Wow, that sounds scary, doesn't it?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...for which nobody was charged with insurrection.

But the liberals will slobber all over themselves whining about the ANNIVERSARY of JAN6 --- like this is equivalent to 9-11.

Maybe they'll even revive the "Capitol Police Officer Bludgeoned to Death with a Fire Extinguisher" lie.

Anyway, I figured we might as well have a place for all the liberals to spew forth judgment and condemnation.
              As of today, 11 have been charged with sedition.

I'll not waste much breath trying to convince the most raucous voices here of the extreme danger we face because of those willing to downplay what happened here. They are not listening.

But I will mention it simply because it is incumbent upon all of us not to remain silent in the face of such evil.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Maybe when FBI stooge Ray Epps is charged.

From what I hear, the most recent previous case basically blew away like a fart in a tornado.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I'll not waste much breath trying to convince the most raucous voices here of the extreme danger we face because of those willing to downplay what happened here. They are not listening.

But I will mention it simply because it is incumbent upon all of us not to remain silent in the face of such evil.
                  If only we got this sort of tearful hand wringing from you lot when violent mobs were literally burning down their own communities all across the country, but, no, you saved up your condensations for a protest by Trump supporters that was largely peaceful, resulted in zero property destruction, and where the only person killed was an innocent, unarmed woman gunned down in cold blood by a jumpy security guard.

Such rank hypocrisy makes it impossible to take anything you liberals say seriously.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Good to see you're still around, Jim. There's also a danger in weaponizing something like this, falsifying evidence, and saying stupid things like it's on a par with 9-11.

Comment

Yep, and if they are guilty they should go to jail. But I have become a little leery with these government cases.
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        If only we got this sort of tearful hand wringing from you lot when violent mobs were literally burning down their own communities all across the country, but, no, you saved up your condensations for a protest by Trump supporters that was largely peaceful, resulted in zero property destruction, and where the only person killed was an innocent, unarmed woman gunned down in cold blood by a jumpy security guard.

Such rank hypocrisy makes it impossible to take anything you liberals say seriously.
                        Not only did he effectively turn a blind eye to it but IIRC the only time he got upset was when, after mayors gave stand down orders to the police, feds were used to protect court houses from being torched. And that ire was directed solely at the cops.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Yep, and if they are guilty they should go to jail. But I have become a little leery with these government cases.
                          I recall the Hutaree militia getting these exact charges (and mentions of anonymous FBI agent thought to have "infiltrated", but the FBI refused to comment...... sound familiar?). Ended up being acquitted by a judge..

Comment

...for which nobody was charged with insurrection.
                            So that aged poorly.

Oath Keepers leader arrested, charged with seditious conspiracy for Jan. 6 riot
                            The Justice Department unsealed seditious conspiracy charges against the leader of the far-right Oath Keepers group and 10 other people on Thursday, alleging they plotted to disrupt the electoral process at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 and endangered former Vice President Mike Pence.

Federal authorities arrested Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes in Texas on Thursday morning and also took Edward Vallejo into custody in Arizona. The other nine people had already been accused of some crimes related to the siege on the Capitol last year.

The grand jury indictment in the District of Columbia is the most serious and sweeping case to emerge from the federal investigation into the Capitol riot and the first to include the seditious conspiracy charge, which carries a maximum of 20 years in prison. Rarely seen in recent years, seditious conspiracy charges are made against those who plot to prevent the execution of U.S. law.

A little less time with cable news and you'd have known the more serious charges had to wait for the lesser crimes to be cleared off the decks, and known who was most likely to be charged. They've been talking about this for months on Lawfare and Stay Tuned. And it's still too early to know how far this going to reach. The Oath Keepers cover was providing security for Roger Stone, who was pardoned by Trump for obstructing investigations.

I'm thinking he's less likely to receive another one under this administration.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

So that aged poorly.

Oath Keepers leader arrested, charged with seditious conspiracy for Jan. 6 riot
                              The Justice Department unsealed seditious conspiracy charges against the leader of the far-right Oath Keepers group and 10 other people on Thursday, alleging they plotted to disrupt the electoral process at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 and endangered former Vice President Mike Pence.

Federal authorities arrested Oath Keepers leader Stewart Rhodes in Texas on Thursday morning and also took Edward Vallejo into custody in Arizona. The other nine people had already been accused of some crimes related to the siege on the Capitol last year.

The grand jury indictment in the District of Columbia is the most serious and sweeping case to emerge from the federal investigation into the Capitol riot and the first to include the seditious conspiracy charge, which carries a maximum of 20 years in prison. Rarely seen in recent years, seditious conspiracy charges are made against those who plot to prevent the execution of U.S. law.

A little less time with cable news and you'd have known the more serious charges had to wait for the lesser crimes to be cleared off the decks, and known who was most likely to be charged. They've been talking about this for months on Lawfare and Stay Tuned. And it's still too early to know how far this going to reach. The Oath Keepers cover was providing security for Roger Stone, who was pardoned by Trump for obstructing investigations.

I'm thinking he's less likely to receive another one under this administration.
                              First of all, I appreciate the incredibly civil manner in which you are responding.

Secondly, I have been quite consistent that anybody who committed a crime needs to be charged accordingly.

Third, these are CHARGES --- often, these things get kicked down to lesser charges to secure convictions. It will be interesting to see.

And Finally (for now) this whole thing has been so weaponized from the outright lie that "a Capitol Police Officer was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher" (even repeated after it was proven false) to the whitewashing of the ONLY death as an immediate result of the "insurrection" - that being a nervous cop killing an unarmed woman.

Comment

Good to see you're still around, Jim. There's also a danger in weaponizing something like this, falsifying evidence, and saying stupid things like it's on a par with 9-11.
                                Thanks, it is good to still be around

To the point though, the danger here, on this website, is downplaying its importance and the danger to our democracy it represents. And while 911 and the insurrection are different categories of attacks (external vs internal), given that our military strength makes being externally conquered unlikely, internal collapse then is the most likely means by which this county could fall. So, I would say the comparison is not nearly as frivolous as your comment appears to imply.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-14-2022, 08:04 AM.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment