Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jan6 - the ANNIVERSARY of the BIG INSURRECTION....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

I can't think of it that way because it simply isn't that way. This is not a 'left or 'right thing. This is an American thing. And it boils my blood to see the party of Reagan who stared down the soviet union and the bushes who did not blink at a direct extremist onslaught against our nation have stooped so low as to grovel like sniveling dogs at the feet of a man who tried to forcefully and illegally stop the peaceful transfer of power. Whose rhetoric since has undermined public trust in our elections, one of the pillars of a democracy, and some of whose members have been seen groveling on public news outlets over telling the truth in a way disapproved of by his propaganda hounds.

I don't know when the 30% that live happily in this shame will awaken to their public nakedness before our founding fathers and our constitution, and I have no hope those slithering on the floors of our hallowed halls willing to utter whatever lies please him will ever behold their utter depravity, but I do know THIS republican will not bow one inch to the shame this incarnation of our party has brought upon us as Republicans and as a nation, nor will I utter one word that could possibly be mistaken as excusing or playing down what happened jan 6.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I can't think of it that way because it simply isn't that way. This is not a 'left or 'right thing. This is an American thing. And it boils my blood to see the party of Reagan who stared down the soviet union and the bushes who did not blink at a direct extremist onslaught against our nation have stooped so low as to grovel like sniveling dogs at the feet of a man who tried to forcefully and illegally stop the peaceful transfer of power. Whose rhetoric since has undermined public trust in our elections, one of the pillars of a democracy, and some of whose members have been seen groveling on public news outlets over telling the truth in a way disapproved of by his propaganda hounds.

I don't know when the 30% that live happily in this shame will awaken to their public nakedness before our founding fathers and our constitution, and I have no hope those slithering on the floors of our hallowed halls willing to utter whatever lies please him will ever behold their utter depravity, but I do know THIS republican will not bow one inch to the shame this incarnation of our party has brought upon us as Republicans and as a nation, nor will I utter one word that could possibly be mistaken as excusing or playing down what happened jan 6.
      Time to up your meds.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• TCT's monologue and interview with Alex Bruesewitz and the follow-up with VDH were quite interesting. They comprise roughly the first twelve minutes of the episode. I understand TC's footage of "what really went on inside the Capitol" don't tell the whole story, but it certainly tells a neglected aspect.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          TCT's monologue and interview with Alex Bruesewitz and the follow-up with VDH were quite interesting. They comprise roughly the first twelve minutes of the episode. I understand TC's footage of "what really went on inside the Capitol" don't tell the whole story, but it certainly tells a neglected aspect.
          Tc is one of the most abusive media personalities out there with misinformation about what happened jan 6. He is the Trump media hound Cruz Groveland before the entire nation over accidentally telling the truth about what happened that day.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I can't think of it that way because it simply isn't that way.
            OK, thanks.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

OK, thanks.
              There's no point trying to talk a guy off the ledge after he's already taken the leap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

There's no point trying to talk a guy off the ledge after he's already taken the leap.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OK, thanks.
                  You are welcome. Perhaps you'll figure it out before it's too late to do anything about it. That is my hope anyway.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

You are welcome. Perhaps you'll figure it out before it's too late to do anything about it. That is my hope anyway.
                    You're back on my prayer list.

Comment

You're still going on about Trump, but he's yesterday's news. Joe is the guy you should be keeping your eye on now, because he is the tyrant Trump could only dream of being.

Comment

You're back on my prayer list.
                        Always thankful for prayer. But while you pray for my enlightenment, try to remain open to the possibility of your own need for the same
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 01-15-2022, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Always thankful for prayer. But while you pray for my enlightenment, try to remain open to the possibility of your own need for the same
                          I need the prayer and you need the practice, Jim.

But I'm not the one who claims he has "boiling blood" problems over earthly political stuff.

Comment

I need the prayer and you need the practice, Jim.

But I'm not the one who claims he has "boiling blood" problems over earthly political stuff.
                            That is true. My blood does indeed boil at the corruption that is excused by so many in the GOP wrt jan 6. On the other hand,, you seem quite content with it.

Comment

That is true. My blood does indeed boil at the corruption that is excused by so many in the GOP wrt jan 6. On the other hand,, you seem quite content with it.
                              My faith in trust is in Christ Jesus, Jim --- I don't freak out over the governments of this world, or all the political hype surrounding them.

Comment

For someone who claims to love the truth, you sure are quick to believe the lies. Nobody is excusing what happened on January 6. Rather, all we're saying is that it wasn't nearly as bad as liberals with tear stained cheeks have made it out to be. That's not excusing what happened, it's simply being honest about it.

Comment