Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Jan6 - the ANNIVERSARY of the BIG INSURRECTION....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'm confident that when the FBI concludes its investigation of Epps, they will have found him to be a model citizen and innocent bystander who was in no way, shape, or form connected to the FBI.

He will be every bit as innocent as the cop who shot the unarmed woman. Maybe even a HERO!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      As of today, 11 have been charged with sedition.

I'll not waste much breath trying to convince the most raucous voices here of the extreme danger we face because of those willing to downplay what happened here. They are not listening.

But I will mention it simply because it is incumbent upon all of us not to remain silent in the face of such evil.
      Think of it this way, Jim....

The left is trying their best to elevate this to the worst thing that ever happened to US Democracy (when there are actually events that were worse than this).

They try to put it on the same level as 911, which is just dumb (and you have indicated you don't believe it's on the same level, right?). They have lied, falsified evidence, abused their power with one-sided investigations, and are doing their best to make this an annual "memorial" event, capitalizing on it for political purposes.

So, if you elevate it way up THERE, and somebody tries to bring it back to reality, then, relatively, you could say somebody was "downplaying". But all I (and some others) am/are doing is downplaying the left's extreme exaggeration of what actually happened, to try to put it back in perspective.

It NEVER should have happened, and ALL of those who broke the law should be arrested and prosecuted. But the left's version of this is so far from reality that it needs to be reined back in to what actually took place.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

You have evidence that Ray Epps is an FBI stooge?
        It's inexplicable he hasn't been arrested or at least subpoenaed and why he was removed from the FBI's wanted list when he's seen on multiple videos at multiple times urging the mob to enter the capitol building, and seen at the capitol building at the time the riots took place, yet folks are getting subpoenaed for much less.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

It's inexplicable he hasn't been arrested or at least subpoenaed and why he was removed from the FBI's wanted list when he's seen on multiple videos at multiple times urging the mob to enter the capitol building, and seen at the capitol building at the time the riots took place, yet folks are getting subpoenaed for much less.
          As to why he hasn't been arrested, they might not have evidence that he either entered the Capitol building or assaulted law enforcement officers outside the building. They might not even have any evidence that he was involved in a seditious conspiracy.

As to why he hasn't been subpoenaed, maybe all they had to do was ask him to testify. And apparently, he has testified that he was not working with or for the FBI or any other law enforcement agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Not really. Just watching Ted Cruz gri the FBI a day or two ago and their non-answers to questions that should be an easy "no" for, leans the likelihood even higher that Epps was an agent or an informant, and that there were likely others as well. Just a glance at the Whitmer case sends the likelihood skyrocketing.
            Ted Cruz knew full well that they couldn't answer his questions. That he asked them anyway tells us all we need to know about his motivations.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/01/11/another-jan-6-conspiracy-theory-suffers-reality-inflicted-blow/

​​​​​​Sanborn said she couldn’t answer the question — which is very much what you would expect. Federal law enforcement and intelligence officials don’t confirm or deny such questions because even a denial potentially reveals confidential information. After all, if Sanborn says Epps isn’t a federal agent, when she’s later asked about someone else, anything but a denial suggests confirmation. So she declined to answer, as would anyone else in her position. This is a well-understood concept, except for those who choose not to understand it.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

As to why he hasn't been arrested, they might not have evidence that he either entered the Capitol building or assaulted law enforcement officers outside the building. They might not even have any evidence that he was involved in a seditious conspiracy.

As to why he hasn't been subpoenaed, maybe all they had to do was ask him to testify. And apparently, he has testified that he was not working with or for the FBI or any other law enforcement agency.
              The Jan 6th partisan hack committee makes this claim. I'd rather see him subpoenaed and asked those questions on record and under oath, like they did other individuals who had even less or no involvement at all in the event.

Comment

Ted Cruz knew full well that they couldn't answer his questions. That he asked them anyway tells us all we need to know about his motivations.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/01/11/another-jan-6-conspiracy-theory-suffers-reality-inflicted-blow/

​​​​​​Sanborn said she couldn’t answer the question — which is very much what you would expect. Federal law enforcement and intelligence officials don’t confirm or deny such questions because even a denial potentially reveals confidential information. After all, if Sanborn says Epps isn’t a federal agent, when she’s later asked about someone else, anything but a denial suggests confirmation. So she declined to answer, as would anyone else in her position. This is a well-understood concept, except for those who choose not to understand it.

They very much could have answered the questions with a "no". Problem is, the answer wasn't no, hence the non-answers

Comment

They literally have video evidence of him entering the Capitol and multiple videos of him trying to incite others into entering it as far back as the night before.

Comment

The Washington Post isn't being entirely honest. (stunned gasps from the crowd)

Here's how the exchange went down:

In the hearing, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) asked Sanborn on Tuesday, "How many FBI agents or confidential informants actively participated in the events of January 6th?"

"Sir, I’m sure you can appreciate that I can’t go into the specifics of sources and methods...," Sanborn began to answer.

"Did any FBI agents or confidential informants actively participated in the events of January 6th? Yes or no?" Cruz interjected.

"Sir, I can’t — I can’t answer that," Sanborn replied.

"Did any FBI agents or FBI informants actively encourage and incite crimes of violence on January 6th?" Cruz pressed.

"Sir, I can’t answer that," Sanborn repeated.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/julior...-riot-n2601698

She could have safely answered no to those questions, if indeed "no" was the truth, which makes refusal to answer essentially a yes.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

They literally have video evidence of him entering the Capitol and multiple videos of him trying to incite others into entering it as far back as the night before.
                      Apparently they don't "literally" have video evidence of him entering the Capitol, and him trying to incite others into entering it the night before wasn't illegal.

Comment

They very much could have answered the questions with a "no".
                        No, they couldn't, as my source pointed out.

Comment

• Ok, so we have sedition charges. I was getting skeptical that there were going to be charges so mark me up as wrong. For me, it does notch up how serious the January 6th event was. Still not sure I'm ready to call it an insurrection.

Things I'm going to be watching:

How does the pretrials and trials, if it gets that far, plays out? Can't imagine there would be a plea deal. What do you plead sedition down to? A misdemeanor charge of "disliking the government?" If there is a plea deal, it would seem to me it would have to be a lesser sentence.

Can they show a concrete connection and direction from the Trump White House? Right now, I see it as a reasonable possibility that they knew Trump would be speaking that day and picked as when they could get their people into town without being noticed.

For me, need more information before I make a further judgment on the matter.
                          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

No, they couldn't, as my source pointed out.
                            Yes, they could, your source is full of baloney.

Comment

Apparently they don't "literally" have video evidence of him entering the Capitol, and him trying to incite others into entering it the night before wasn't illegal.
                              Yes, they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Think of it this way, Jim....

The left is trying their best to elevate this to the worst thing that ever happened to US Democracy (when there are actually events that were worse than this).

They try to put it on the same level as 911, which is just dumb (and you have indicated you don't believe it's on the same level, right?). They have lied, falsified evidence, abused their power with one-sided investigations, and are doing their best to make this an annual "memorial" event, capitalizing on it for political purposes.

So, if you elevate it way up THERE, and somebody tries to bring it back to reality, then, relatively, you could say somebody was "downplaying". But all I (and some others) am/are doing is downplaying the left's extreme exaggeration of what actually happened, to try to put it back in perspective.

It NEVER should have happened, and ALL of those who broke the law should be arrested and prosecuted. But the left's version of this is so far from reality that it needs to be reined back in to what actually took place.
                                I can't think of it that way because it simply isn't that way. This is not a 'left or 'right thing. This is an American thing. And it boils my blood to see the party of Reagan who stared down the soviet union and the bushes who did not blink at a direct extremist onslaught against our nation have stooped so low as to grovel like sniveling dogs at the feet of a man who tried to forcefully and illegally stop the peaceful transfer of power. Whose rhetoric since has undermined public trust in our elections, one of the pillars of a democracy, and some of whose members have been seen groveling on public news outlets over telling the truth in a way disapproved of by his propaganda hounds.

I don't know when the 30% that live happily in this shame will awaken to their public nakedness before our founding fathers and our constitution, and I have no hope those slithering on the floors of our hallowed halls willing to utter whatever lies please him will ever behold their utter depravity, but I do know THIS republican will not bow one inch to the shame this incarnation of our party has brought upon us as Republicans and as a nation, nor will I utter one word that could possibly be mistaken as excusing or playing down what happened jan 6.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment