Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There may be trouble ahead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    IIRC, only somewhere around 10% of the public in Africa are vaxxed but the omicron variant resulted in very few fatalities there.
    You recall incorrectly, and you have no idea how many of the recent fatalities in South Africa were due to Omicron because they haven't got enough facilities to always identify variants and that data doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Roy; 01-15-2022, 01:51 PM.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

When you monetarily incentivize reporting cases of the Chicom coronavirus, you will inevitably end up with a higher than accurate count. That's just unavoidable human nature.
      The independent consistent evidence ( excess deaths in 2020 and 2021) says otherwise. And you forget that there are also significant disincentive for medical fraud. Again this sort of thought process is driven by paranoia and extreme skepticism with the level of ethics found in our medical professionals.

Honestly, why would you ever trust your health to a doctor or hospital ever again if they are so thoroughly unethical across this nation as would be required to make any significant difference in covid mortality numbers?
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

You recall incorrectly, and you have no idea how many of the recent fatalities in South Africa were due to Omicron because they haven't got enough facilities to always identify variants and that data doesn't exist.
        I understand the difficulty with determining the responsible strain there, but as to the other

IIRC, only somewhere around 10% of the public in Africa are vaxxed...

From exactly a month ago:

Source: The Challenges Africa Poses to COVID-19 Vaccinations

Roughly 432 million vaccines have been dispersed across the African continent. Still, COVID-19 vaccination rates stand at 7.35% for the continent, with many countries hovering around 1%, according to the Africa Centers for Disease Control.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

From New Years Eve:

Source: Covid-19 vaccinations: African nations miss WHO target

A target for achieving full vaccination rates of 40% in every country by the end of December has been missed across most of Africa.

The World Health Organization (WHO) put forward the goal earlier this year, but only about 9% of people on the continent have been fully vaccinated against Covid so far.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

And THIS:
        So... 7.35%... about 9%...10.09%. Even though these represent the estimates from different groups at different times from December 15, 2021 to January 15, 2022 (1 month), I think it is sufficient to support my statement that "only somewhere around 10% of the public in Africa are vaxxed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I understand the difficulty with determining the responsible strain there, but as to the other

From exactly a month ago:
          Oh! I misread you to be talking about South Africa, not the whole of Africa. I apologise.

But the omicron surge isn't over in most of Africa. It's only just levelling off. So any fatality figures from it are still weeks away, and you can't possibly know how many there were yet..
          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            The top plot shows the number of covid-19 cases identified in the US. The bottom plot shows the number of deaths reported two weeks later.
            They correlate very closely.*
            The recent increase in fatalities seems* to have peaked exactly two weeks after the omicron spread peak.

*There's a slight delay in reporting, so the numbers for the last few days may increase over the next few days.

Comment