Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Big Beef

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Could well be -- I most certainly COULD have eaten the whole steak, but I'm really trying to cut down a bit.
    When I was working steadily my metabolism was different and when I went to a buffet I could scarf down two stuffed full plates (basically two layers of food) and a regular-sized one. Now when I get breakfast, two regular-size plates tend to fill me -- but I get hungry and need a snack around 4 or 5, whereas when I ate more I usually didn't eat anything again for a full day.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      So apparently Biden 'just recently noticed' that meat prices are through the roof. So he made a dumb speech blaming the meat producers and claiming they are exploiting people. Yet these same meat producers' prices were low 1 year ago under Trump during the pandemic. So what changed? Biden. Blocking pipelines, idiotic mandates, trying to force higher minimum wages, trucker shortages, supply line problems. It's not the meat producers trying to take advantage of people, it's them and everyone in the supply chain passing down the extra costs to the consumer. Big Government is the problem, not Big Beef.

Of course what is Biden's solution? Fix the supply chain problems? No. Give more government money to small beef producers. That's right, he is using the problem he created as an excuse to raise taxes and spend more of our money. How is us paying more taxes to pay farmers going to help anyone? The costs will still be high because of the supply chain problems mentioned above. Insanity!
      --------------------
      Biden says he found out from family friend that meat costs are soaring
      https://nypost.com/2022/01/03/biden-...s-are-soaring/
      Big agribusinesses control practically all the slaughterhouses, so they're in a position to charge consumers whatever they want and charge ranchers whatever they want. They're rather rapidly driving small family ranch operations out of business.
      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment