Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

AP dives into Ashley Babbitt history.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP dives into Ashley Babbitt history.

https://apnews.com/article/ashli-bab...b7a284c7a8f7df

Apparently, its ok to judge people shot by police by thier past depending on your political perspective.

What a pathetic screed... I wonder what the "A" stands for in AP... a pit for a donkey perhaps?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And, in spite of the MSM's Narrative, she was the ONLY person who was killed that day, and that at the hands of a frightened Capitol Police Officer.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        And, in spite of the MSM's Narrative, she was the ONLY person who was killed that day, and that at the hands of a frightened Capitol Police Officer.
        During which time she represented no conceivable threat to anyone at all. Nor had she done anything earlier that indicated she was violent or might be armed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Bah, Auto-correct Struck my Title. Should have been "AP dives into" not "Adios into"

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
            Bah, Auto-correct Struck my Title. Should have been "AP dives into" not "Adios into"
            Funny. That's what I see

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Funny. That's what I see
              Lol :D I texted my wife the other day and apparently asked her to get me some Cheddar Chipotle Champagne from taco bell. I was unaware such a thing existed, but my phone did :D

Comment

Lol :D I texted my wife the other day and apparently asked her to get me some Cheddar Chipotle Champagne from taco bell. I was unaware such a thing existed, but my phone did :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  What a pathetic screed... I wonder what the "A" stands for in AP... a pit for a donkey perhaps?
                  I remember when the Associated Press was a reliable "just the facts" news service. They have fallen far in the last couple of decades.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I've joked with my son that we should have a "no proofreading" challenge and send our texts with whatever autocorrect thinks we intended.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I remember when the Associated Press was a reliable "just the facts" news service. They have fallen far in the last couple of decades.
                      The article itself isn't really a problem, but the headline definitely shows bias.

What I find funny is how often so-called "conservative tactics" get dragged out when the politics of the left support the result. I.E. Victim blaming, attacking rape accusers, racism, being uncivil, etc.

And of course there's ALWAYS a "but this is different" excuse for the hypocrisy.

Comment

Comment

Oh yeah. I got into it with a guy in the huffpost comments on this. (They reposted the AP story). So many were saying "Well, she was committing a crime, so it was justified. When I brought up the Ma'khia Bryant shooting (girl who was shot while trying to stab another girl), there were two reactions. 1. "Well Ma'khia wasn't trying to overthrow the government." and 2. Well you brought up a black person, so that means you are racist. And of course, accusations that I was somehow justifying the actions of Ashli instead of pointing out the hypocrisy of liberals.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

AP was a standard-bearer just 20 years ago. They were an example of the use of neutral language when I was in school. But now ...

The biggest complaint I hear about Newsmax these days is their constant leaning on AP for stories.

Comment

I like how the cartoon depicts the two Leftoids. If not for the whiskers, they are nearly gender unidentifiable.

Comment