Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trumpsmas service at Pastor Jeffress's church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    They pretty much have their own radio network don't they?
    They are an empire - pretty much stopped being a Church in the latter days of Wally Criswell. The replacement of Criswell was a Battle Royale.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

They are an empire - pretty much stopped being a Church in the latter days of Wally Criswell. The replacement of Criswell was a Battle Royale.
      IIRC, his "heir" left not long before Criswell retired and the scramble to fill the void wasn't pretty.

Didn't Criswell have a few issues as well? Can't think of anything specifically though.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        IIRC, his "heir" left not long before Criswell retired and the scramble to fill the void wasn't pretty.

Didn't Criswell have a few issues as well? Can't think of anything specifically though.
        Criswell couldn't let go, and even when they called Joel Gregory (I consider him a friend, though he went through "the fall"), Criswell called the shots, maintaining the title "Senior Pastor". It wasn't long before Gregory resigned, supposedly because he just wasn't allowed to "be Pastor". Aside from being a main driver in bringing the SBC back to its conservative roots, I can't think of any actual controversy involving Criswell.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment