Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Canadian universal healthcare, eh? Think again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

No. The anti-rejection drugs have a negative effect on the vaccine. It suppresses the immune system so the vaccine won't work well if you get it after a transplant. That's why they want you to get the vaccine BEFORE the transplant, so you will already have the antibodies and immune system primed to fight off COVID before you get the transplant and go on the anti-rejection drugs.
    Sorry. I got it reversed. Thanks for clarification.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      Given the US has vastly more people in prison per capita than any other Western country, I don't think any Americans can reasonably try to lecture Australia about freedom....
      https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...st-since-1995/

Changes in criminal laws, as well as prosecution and judicial sentencing patterns, also likely play a role in the declining incarceration rate and number of people behind bars. In late 2018, for example, then-President Donald Trump signed a law aimed at reducing the federal prison population. In its first year, the law led to shorter sentences for thousands of federal offenders and earlier release dates for many others, according to a 2020 report from the U.S. Sentencing Commission.

Darn that Trump!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I don't think he is. As you said, it's a strange source of national pride for him to cheer on the tyrants even as they're putting the boot on his neck.

"Just do as you're told, and you will have nothing to fear. "
        It does seem that way. I was more using a general 'you', but yeah, this 'you' certainly seems to be proud about it.

Comment

To be fair, there are a lot of rules you have to follow in order to get a transplant. Not just the COVID Vaccine. You have to have other vaccinations too, like Hepatitis AB. And you have to stop smoking and drinking. If you are too overweight you have to lose weight. You have to have to undergo regular examinations and tests. The transplant organs are in short supply and the transplant waiting list is long. If you don't follow the rules you don't get on the list. A lung transplant patient who keeps smoking would not be allowed a lung transplant for example. They figure if you can't follow the rules before the transplant you won't follow them afterwards and that organ could go to someone who is more likely to live with the transplant than you.
          Sorry, it's a no from me, Branch Covidian.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

I think the argument is that people who aren't sick but have a high probability of becoming sick - also being quarantined - is somehow totalitarian. Of course, when people in that position heed the rules, they aren't removed from their homes to a place where they don't have the opportunity to break the rules.
            "just do what you're told". I have some leather polish you can apply to your tongue and just skip the extra step.

Comment

Boy! Have we departed from Canada!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

As I understand it, Canada is now denying healthcare to all Canadians who haven't been vaccinated against COVID. Has anyone seen any statistics on how many non-vaccinated Canadians have died since this policy went into effect? Do the deaths number in the millions?
                "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                  As I understand it, Canada is now denying healthcare to all Canadians who haven't been vaccinated against COVID. Has anyone seen any statistics on how many non-vaccinated Canadians have died since this policy went into effect? Do the deaths number in the millions?
                  That's ridiculous. People should not be denied treatment IN CANADA for ANY reason.

Do the deaths from covid number in the millions? In Canada? Around the world? What a silly comparison.

I take it you think it's just fine for someone to pay for healthcare through their taxes and then be denied treatment because they haven't been vaccinated. What if the vaccine is detrimental to their health?

I am sure you are elated about this development. But if I were the mother of that child who was denied treatment after the skateboard incident, I would be absolutely livid. I'm livid and I'm not that parent.

Shame on you for thinking this situation is just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Do the deaths from covid number in the millions? In Canada? Around the world?

I take it you think it's just fine for someone to pay for healthcare through their taxes and then be denied treatment because they haven't been vaccinated. What if the vaccine is detrimental to their health?

I am sure you are elated about this development. But if I were the mother of that child who was denied treatment after the skateboard incident, I would be absolutely livid. I'm livid and I'm not that parent.

Shame on you for thinking this situation is just fine.
                    You didn't answer my question. And, read my post again. I never stated that it is acceptable for the Canadian government to deny healthcare to unvaccinated Canadians.

To repeat my question: do you have any statistics on how many Canadians have died since the Canadian government adopted a policy of denying healthcare to unvaccinated people? If the deaths haven't reached into the millions, are they in the hundreds of thousands?
                    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post

You didn't answer my question. And, read my post again. I never stated that it is acceptable for the Canadian government to deny healthcare to unvaccinated Canadians.

To repeat my question: do you have any statistics on how many Canadians have died since the Canadian government adopted a policy of denying healthcare to unvaccinated people? If the deaths haven't reached into the millions, are they in the hundreds of thousands?
                      No. Do you? ONE death is too many!

If there are stats on that, do you think they would be made public? I think those stats would be shoved under a government rug somewhere. LIkely the PM's office.

It sure sounds to me like you are defending the policy to deny healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Sorry, it's a no from me, Branch Covidian.
                        That's your prerogative, as it is those wanting on the transplant lists. I am just telling you how it works, even before COVID. The vaccine is just one more thing added to the list of things that pre-transplant patients need to do to get on the list. They also need to take various prescription meds to help keep them as healthy as possible before a transplant is available. They can refuse but then they could get sick and die before a transplant is available, or they might not even make it on the list for refusing to comply with their doctor's orders. The vaccine is just another "drug" on the list.

Comment

That's your prerogative, as it is those wanting on the transplant lists. I am just telling you how it works, even before COVID. The vaccine is just one more thing added to the list of things that pre-transplant patients need to do to get on the list. They also need to take various prescription meds to help keep them as healthy as possible before a transplant is available. They can refuse but then they could get sick and die before a transplant is available, or they might not even make it on the list for refusing to comply with their doctor's orders. The vaccine is just another "drug" on the list.
                          One that can cause heart issues, and appears to have made little to no difference on covid rates............

Comment

One that can cause heart issues, and appears to have made little to no difference on covid rates............
                            Many of the drugs they have to take can cause serious side effects too. Ever listen to a prescription drug commercial? Yeesh.

Comment

Many of the drugs they have to take can cause serious side effects too. Ever listen to a prescription drug commercial? Yeesh.
                              And don't need another one to add onto it. Especially if you're a heart transplant patient!

And again, no clear evidence that it has actually made any significant impact on the spread of covid or covid rates.

Comment

And don't need another one to add onto it. Especially if you're a heart transplant patient!

And again, no clear evidence that it has actually made any significant impact on the spread of covid or covid rates.
                                The only way to know that would be if we could go back in time and see what happens if there were no vaccines.

Comment