Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Sky Is Falling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sky Is Falling!

Lefties Freak out on Conservatives for Doing Exactly What They Told Them to Do

Over the last several years, as the strong-arm of big-tech and corporate woke-ism have taken hold, there’s been one common refrain from the left when the right has complained of censorship: Build your own.

Whether we are talking about book publishers canceling conservative authors or social media companies banning the free distribution of verifiable news stories just because they counter the leftwing narrative (see: Hunter Biden), the complaints of those on the right have drawn jeers. “Just create your own Twitter” they screamed in response.

Well, apparently, those same lefties are now upset by the fact that conservatives are doing exactly what they told them to do.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/12...-to-do-n487317

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Good luck to them, but with the inevitable howls of "liberal" outrage, shaming of associated companies and doxing of individuals, they're sadly going to need it.

When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
    - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
    “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

Well, apparently, those same lefties are now upset by the fact that conservatives are doing exactly what they told them to do.
      Can we be sure it's the same lefties?

Comment

I only use YouTube for music, not for discussion. Bit Chute (anarchistic as it is) is mostly uncensored, open forum. I do my own censoring.

No MSM (unless linked to it), no Facebook, no Twitter, no Instagram, no Tik Tok ... none of that nonsense here. No Leftoids running my show. It's easy to cut those cords.

Comment

Over the last several years, as the strong-arm of big-tech and corporate woke-ism have taken hold, there’s been one common refrain from the left when the right has complained of censorship: Build your own.

Whether we are talking about book publishers canceling conservative authors or social media companies banning the free distribution of verifiable news stories just because they counter the leftwing narrative (see: Hunter Biden), the complaints of those on the right have drawn jeers. “Just create your own Twitter” they screamed in response.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/12...-to-do-n487317
          What was the name of the company that was set up as a conservative Facebook or Twitter but got shut down after January 6?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            What was the name of the company that was set up as a conservative Facebook or Twitter but got shut down after January 6?
            Was that Parler?
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              I only use YouTube for music, not for discussion. Bit Chute (anarchistic as it is) is mostly uncensored, open forum. I do my own censoring.

No MSM (unless linked to it), no Facebook, no Twitter, no Instagram, no Tik Tok ... none of that nonsense here. No Leftoids running my show. It's easy to cut those cords.
              For me, no "discussion" on YouTube, but also very little music. I watch informational videos of widely varying sorts. Never heard of "Bit Chute."

I watch a lot of MSM, largely for "company," since I live alone. I hate Facebook, but use it heavily. It's the main way I stay in contact with a lot of my friends and family. It was like that even before the U.S of Pandemika.

I make myself as odious as possible to my left-leaning family and my very few leftist friends by posting crap-loads of what the MSM and Big Tech would consider far-right propaganda (e.g. Daily Wire articles) and anti-science misinformation.
              Last edited by NorrinRadd; 12-06-2021, 11:14 PM.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

For me, no "discussion" on YouTube, but also very little music. I watch informational videos of widely varying sorts. Never heard of "Bit Chute."
                Bit Chute is a mostly-uncensored, clunky version of YouTube. Although I use it for music as well, it isn't really tailored for that. Another upstart is Odysee. I haven't used it much but it looks promising. https://odysee.com/

I watch a lot of MSM, largely for "company," since I live alone. I hate Facebook, but use it heavily. It's the main way I stay in contact with a lot of my friends and family. It was like that even before the U.S of Pandemika.
                I read many of the threads about Facebook but it is like reading about another planet. It shouldn't be a difficult platform for conservatives to replace.

I make myself as odious as possible to my left-leaning family and my very few leftist friends by posting crap-loads of what the MSM and Big Tech would consider far-right propaganda (e.g. Daily Wire articles) and anti-science misinformation.
                Troublemaker!

Comment

They forgot to mention Theologyweb!

Comment

Was that Parler?
                    Parlor.

That's what the left does when conservatives try to start their own.

They'll find excuses to shut it down. Like claiming that it was used by "insurrectionists" when in fact they used Facebook, Twitter and TikTok far more.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Parlor.
                      Parler.
                      Last edited by NorrinRadd; 12-09-2021, 06:38 AM.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Bit Chute is a mostly-uncensored, clunky version of YouTube. Although I use it for music as well, it isn't really tailored for that. Another upstart is Odysee. I haven't used it much but it looks promising. https://odysee.com/

I read many of the threads about Facebook but it is like reading about another planet. It shouldn't be a difficult platform for conservatives to replace.

Troublemaker!
                        So, I just got notified that I'm on "restricted" status on Fartbook for at least the next 90 days. I can still post, but my posts are down-ranked in people's Newsfeeds. It's for repeatedly posting "misinformation." The notice cited a couple of posts from three months ago, one an Alex Berenson article.

So, I promptly posted at least four more Berenson articles.

A friend suggested I set up an account on another platform in case I get totally banned. I probably won't do so.

Parler, from what I gather, has been resuscitated, but is a pathetic latrine.

Guttr, home of such luminaries as Dinesh D'Souza, gives me a blank page, and from what I understand is more analogous to Twitter, which does not interest me.

PravdaSocial -- -- Bad Orange Man's new platform is not actually operational yet, and it appears to be geared toward "mobile" devices, so not for me.

Besides those problems, I'm of the understanding that all of them are or will be mostly right-wing echo chambers. A big reason for my posting stuff on Facebook is to get it into the eyes of people who almost exclusively imbibe MSM, PBS, The Atlantic, TYT, NYT, WaPo, HuffPo, etc., even if they mostly ignore my posts.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Parlor.

That's what the left does when conservatives try to start their own.

They'll find excuses to shut it down. Like claiming that it was used by "insurrectionists" when in fact they used Facebook, Twitter and TikTok far more.
                          That's because the goal is to silence. The "you can start your own" is just rationalization they espouse.

Comment

So, I just got notified that I'm on "restricted" status on Fartbook for at least the next 90 days. I can still post, but my posts are down-ranked in people's Newsfeeds. It's for repeatedly posting "misinformation." The notice cited a couple of posts from three months ago, one an Alex Berenson article.

So, I promptly posted at least four more Berenson articles.

A friend suggested I set up an account on another platform in case I get totally banned. I probably won't do so.

Parler, from what I gather, has been resuscitated, but is a pathetic latrine.

Guttr, home of such luminaries as Dinesh D'Souza, gives me a blank page, and from what I understand is more analogous to Twitter, which does not interest me.

PravdaSocial -- -- Bad Orange Man's new platform is not actually operational yet, and it appears to be geared toward "mobile" devices, so not for me.

Besides those problems, I'm of the understanding that all of them are or will be mostly right-wing echo chambers. A big reason for my posting stuff on Facebook is to get it into the eyes of people who almost exclusively imbibe MSM, PBS, The Atlantic, TYT, NYT, WaPo, HuffPo, etc., even if they mostly ignore my posts.
                            I don't post politics on social media. It's not a good idea regardless of your political affiliation. There's too much risk in this day and age that someone will try to ruin your life because they disagree with you. Plus, since my friends span the political spectrum, I see no need to get into fights with any of them over areas we don't agree on.

Comment

Wow! It appears conservatives didn't bother editing the Parler wiki page. A complete Leftoid description ...

Originally posted by Wikipedia
                              Parler (/ˈpɑːrlər/) is an American microblogging and social networking service. It has a significant user base of Donald Trump supporters, conservatives, conspiracy theorists, and far-right extremists.[9][10][11][12] Posts on the service often contain far-right content,[18]antisemitism,[25] and conspiracy theories such as QAnon.[29] Journalists have described Parler as an alt-tech alternative to Twitter, and users include those banned from mainstream social networks or who oppose their moderation policies.
                              Good grief!
                              Last edited by Ronson; 12-09-2021, 06:43 AM.

Comment