Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cuomo fired!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuomo fired!

Given all his ethics violations, CNN has finally terminated him.

Dang! You're fast!

https://apnews.com/article/new-york-...88ffa46d09b7ce

CNN fires Chris Cuomo for helping brother deal with scandal
    By DAVID BAUDER and MICHELLE L. PRICE

NEW YORK (AP) — CNN fired anchor Chris Cuomo on Saturday after details emerged about how he assisted his brother, former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, as the politician faced sexual harassment allegations earlier this year.

The network suspended Chris Cuomo earlier in the week to investigate his conduct, after New York’s attorney general released details showing he was more involved than previously known in helping to strategize and reach out to other journalists as his brother fought to keep his job...

Comment

o83v6x1qg7381.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

About time!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Mildly curious about who will replace him.

And since MSNBC takes in disgraced anchors, and Brian Williams has announced he's leaving, maybe Fredo will land on his feet

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So this is about the time that leftist groups will focus on getting either Hannity or Carlson fired as sort of a payback for something conservatives had nothing to do with.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              About time!
              Agreed. I do respect due process enough that I'm not enraged it took this long.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Agreed. I do respect due process enough that I'm not enraged it took this long.
                I am. Not because it took this long after this incident, but that it didn't happen after any of his earlier incidents.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I am. Not because it took this long after this incident, but that it didn't happen after any of his earlier incidents.
                  At the very least his past stunts should have landed him in double secret probation where this latest revelation resulted in immediate termination.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

And since MSNBC takes in disgraced anchors, and Brian Williams has announced he's leaving, maybe Fredo will land on his feet
                    I hear Brian Stetler is the current favorite. He's at least as dumb as Freddo, so he'll be a perfect replacement.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I hear Brian Stetler is the current favorite. He's at least as dumb as Freddo, so he'll be a perfect replacement.
                      Yep, not surprised. Possible even more dumb.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-br...tephen-colbert
                      FLASHBACK: CNN's Brian Stelter claimed Chris Cuomo upheld journalistic 'boundaries' during Colbert interview

I'm actually surprised it won't be their resident Zoomerbator.
                      Last edited by Gondwanaland; 12-04-2021, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Last I read was Jake tapper

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I've been hearing that they might give Anderson Cooper another shot (IIRC, Cuomo replaced him), or go with John Berman, Alisyn Camerota or Fareed Zakaria from in-house. Lisa Ling and Reza Aslan from outside have also been mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

A gay woman woman of color? We must purge these straight white males...
                            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              A gay woman woman of color? We must purge these straight white males...
                              Of those I listed that would only eliminate Berman.

Comment