Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cuomo fired!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    My response to the whole CNN/Cuomo lawsuit/drama?

More, more, more

I must admit that I'm experiencing a bit of schadenfreude

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The buzz at CNN is that Tapper occupies the inside track as replacing Fredo.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        More, more, more

I must admit that I'm experiencing a bit of schadenfreude
        Liberalism always leads to cannibalism.

Comment

Just read that Chris had a book deal cancelled. Shame...now that he's no longer at CNN, he's got lots of time to write books.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Looks like his big bro is going to have to give several millions of dollars of the proceeds he got from his self-aggrandizing Covid Pandemic book, to the state for ethics violations in relation to said book. Apparently the AG and FBI are looking into his book deal as well.....

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cuomo-...mic-book-money

Disgraced ex-New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo will be forced to return the money from the proceeds of his book written during the COVID-19 pandemic after a 12-1 vote by the Joint Commission on Public Ethics.

Cuomo will have to return $5.1 million earned to the state by next month after the watchdog ethics panel concluded that the governor had violated pledges not to use state resources or government staff to prepare the project. The resolution was drafted by commissioner David McNamara. Cuomo, McNamara said, now "lacked the legal authority to engage in outside activity and receive compensation in regard to the book," the New York Post reported.

Cuomo's book, titled "American Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic," was widely criticized when it was released in October 2020 because it seemed as though the Democratic governor was taking credit for sterling leadership while the pandemic was still raging in New York.

He enjoyed much glowing media coverage at the onset of the pandemic, with even President Biden calling his work the "gold standard" of leadership. But in the following months, Cuomo and his administration were condemned for the thousands of COVID-related deaths in New York nursing homes. The governor then faced several allegations of sexual harassment by former staffers. He resigned in disgrace last August following a report from the state attorney general that concluded he had sexually harassed at least 11 women from 2013 to 2020.

New York Attorney General Letitia James is also investigating Cuomo's book deal, along with the FBI, and the Brooklyn US Attorney’s Office.

Prominent New Yorkers and lawmakers who had spoken out about Cuomo throughout his many scandals said Tuesday's news was a good first step toward accountability.

Cuomo's little brother Chris was also wrapped up in the governor's scandal. Documents revealed he had helped his older brother as an unofficial adviser and even used his media influence to try and dig up dirt on the governor's accusers, in addition to spying on investigative journalists' reports on the scandal. CNN fired Chris Cuomo after these revelations. Following Chris Cuomo's firing, it discovered he, too, had fielded a second sexual harassment allegation following an accusation from her former ABC colleague Shelley Ross, but it is unclear whether the alleged misconduct played a role in the termination.

Chris Cuomo, like his sibling, has also had recent troubles with book deals. In the wake of his CNN controversies, HarperCollins canceled his forthcoming title, "Deep Denial."

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
              Looks like his big bro is going to have to give several millions of dollars of the proceeds he got from his self-aggrandizing Covid Pandemic book, to the state for ethics violations in relation to said book. Apparently the AG and FBI are looking into his book deal as well.....

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cuomo-...mic-book-money

Couldn't happen to a crookeder guy!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Man when the liberals turn on themselves they go all out!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Man when the liberals turn on themselves they go all out!
                  Yeah. They treat them like they're a conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Yeah. They treat them like they're a conservative.
                    It doesn't help Cuomo made plenty of same party enemies. Look how long they covered for him while he was a useful counterpoint to Trump.

Comment