Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Cuomo fired!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is sourpuss Don Lemon next? Man says Lemon approached him in a bar, stuck his hand down his own pants and then shoved his hand forcibly under the man's nose and asked him "Do you like [vagina] or [penis]?" only in a more crude fashion, hence the brackets.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...-in-his-pants/
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Lemon has several scandals that CNN has been trying to keep a lid on.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I didn't know he had a show on SiriusXM but Chris Cuomo has announced he's ending it. He wants to have time to focus on what's next in his life.

I'll give more credit to him than brother Andrew - Chris does not seem to be in "deny, deny, deny" mode.

It's amazing how many people are out in the wake of Andrew's resignation. To paraphrase an old saying: "If a big tree falls in the forest, how many little trees get taken out with it?"
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
          I didn't know he had a show on SiriusXM but Chris Cuomo has announced he's ending it. He wants to have time to focus on what's next in his life...
          Hiring lawyers?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I didn't know he had a show on SiriusXM but Chris Cuomo has announced he's ending it. He wants to have time to focus on what's next in his life.

I'll give more credit to him than brother Andrew - Chris does not seem to be in "deny, deny, deny" mode.
            Andrew, as a senior politician, had more to lose and a lot further to fall. Denying everything might have seemed, to him, to be his least bad option. Funny (actually, hilarious) how that's worked out.
            When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
            - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
            “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

It's amazing how many people are out in the wake of Andrew's resignation. To paraphrase an old saying: "If a big tree falls in the forest, how many little trees get taken out with it?"
              Apparently what to do next is to sue CNN

Source: Chris Cuomo prepping to sue CNN for more than $18M over contract: sources

Fired CNN host Chris Cuomo is set to sue the network if it balks at paying him at least $18 million to cover what’s left on his contract, sources told The Post on Monday.

Cuomo, 51, has hired lawyers and is preparing to file the lawsuit over the remainder of the four-year contract he signed last year — after a bitter back-and-forth about what the network knew of his secret efforts to aid his embattled brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo, said sources familiar with the matter.

His contract was reportedly worth $6 million annually, leaving between $18 million and $20 million that he would be owed, sources said, adding that Chris Cuomo would also likely seek damages.

But CNN has “no intention of paying [Chris] Cuomo a penny,” an insider said.

“If he gets a settlement, there would be uproar,” the source added.

Another source said, “CNN has a standard morality clause in their contract that says if the employee does anything of disrepute, they can be immediately fired.”

Chris Cuomo was canned Saturday, four days after being suspended over information contained in a trove of documents released by state Attorney General Letitia James from her investigation into the sexual harassment allegations that forced Andrew Cuomo to resign in August.

Lawyers from the white-shoe firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore told CNN that the documents gave the network legal grounds to fire the “Cuomo Prime Time” star for contacting “sources” about planned news reports regarding his brother, as well as trying to dig up dirt on at least one of Andrew’s accusers, sources said.

The lawyers’ stance even came ahead of a planned internal CNN probe into an unspecified sexual misconduct allegation against Chris Cuomo that the network received last week and which dates to his time working for ABC News, sources said.

Chris Cuomo’s spokesman has insisted, “These apparently anonymous allegations are not true.”

On Sunday, a spokesman for Chris Cuomo told the Wall Street Journal that CNN President Jeff Zucker knew “about the details of Mr. Cuomo’s support for his brother,” adding, “There were no secrets about this, as other individuals besides Mr. Cuomo can attest.”

In response, CNN blasted its former 9 p.m. weekday host, saying, “He has made a number of accusations that are patently false.”

“This reinforces why he was terminated for violating our standards and practices, as well as his lack of candor,” the network added.

A CNN insider on Monday also called Cuomo’s claims “absurd” and “patently untrue.”

“If Jeff had known all along, Chris would have been fired earlier, not suspended,” the source added.

“He lied to us.”

Both CNN and Chris Cuomo’s spokesman declined to comment.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Apparently what to do next is to sue CNN

Source: Chris Cuomo prepping to sue CNN for more than $18M over contract: sources

Fired CNN host Chris Cuomo is set to sue the network if it balks at paying him at least $18 million to cover what’s left on his contract, sources told The Post on Monday.

Cuomo, 51, has hired lawyers and is preparing to file the lawsuit over the remainder of the four-year contract he signed last year — after a bitter back-and-forth about what the network knew of his secret efforts to aid his embattled brother, then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo, said sources familiar with the matter.

His contract was reportedly worth $6 million annually, leaving between $18 million and $20 million that he would be owed, sources said, adding that Chris Cuomo would also likely seek damages.

But CNN has “no intention of paying [Chris] Cuomo a penny,” an insider said.

“If he gets a settlement, there would be uproar,” the source added.

Another source said, “CNN has a standard morality clause in their contract that says if the employee does anything of disrepute, they can be immediately fired.”

Chris Cuomo was canned Saturday, four days after being suspended over information contained in a trove of documents released by state Attorney General Letitia James from her investigation into the sexual harassment allegations that forced Andrew Cuomo to resign in August.

Lawyers from the white-shoe firm of Cravath, Swaine & Moore told CNN that the documents gave the network legal grounds to fire the “Cuomo Prime Time” star for contacting “sources” about planned news reports regarding his brother, as well as trying to dig up dirt on at least one of Andrew’s accusers, sources said.

The lawyers’ stance even came ahead of a planned internal CNN probe into an unspecified sexual misconduct allegation against Chris Cuomo that the network received last week and which dates to his time working for ABC News, sources said.

Chris Cuomo’s spokesman has insisted, “These apparently anonymous allegations are not true.”

On Sunday, a spokesman for Chris Cuomo told the Wall Street Journal that CNN President Jeff Zucker knew “about the details of Mr. Cuomo’s support for his brother,” adding, “There were no secrets about this, as other individuals besides Mr. Cuomo can attest.”

In response, CNN blasted its former 9 p.m. weekday host, saying, “He has made a number of accusations that are patently false.”

“This reinforces why he was terminated for violating our standards and practices, as well as his lack of candor,” the network added.

A CNN insider on Monday also called Cuomo’s claims “absurd” and “patently untrue.”

“If Jeff had known all along, Chris would have been fired earlier, not suspended,” the source added.

“He lied to us.”

Both CNN and Chris Cuomo’s spokesman declined to comment.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

It all depends on how his contract was written.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It all depends on how his contract was written.
                  That's what I am thinking. If the contract specifies he not break any of their ethics rules - and he did - then the court can-and-should nullify it. But seeing this is CNN, a sleazy propagandist outfit, I can't cheer for anyone in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

That's what I am thinking. If the contract specifies he not break any of their ethics rules - and he did - then the court can-and-should nullify it.
                    Or if the contract says he gets paid no matter what, then CNN doesn't have a case. It all depends on who had the more shrewd lawyers when the contract was drafted.

Comment

No one else gobsmacked that they were paying him $6 million/year for his fumbling performances?

Comment

No one else gobsmacked that they were paying him $6 million/year for his fumbling performances?
                        I think all of these MSM dolts are overpaid, but that's the free market for you. A lot of athletes and entertainers get outrageous paychecks too.

Comment

It's all about ad revenue which is driven by viewer numbers. What this means is that enough low information morons tuned in to Freddo's fumbling performance to justify a $6 million a year paycheck, which was only a fraction of what CNN was making on his show from advertising sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I think all of these MSM dolts are overpaid, but that's the free market for you. A lot of athletes and entertainers get outrageous paychecks too.
                            Unlike Fredo, if the athletes and entertainers fumble and bumble they quickly find themselves out of a job

Comment

I predict his lawsuit will be settled out of court for an undisclosed sum of money.
                              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

My response to the whole CNN/Cuomo lawsuit/drama?

Comment