Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

DOJ - 'Alternative Mueller Report' found and may soon be released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOJ - 'Alternative Mueller Report' found and may soon be released

Justice Department tells court 'Alternative Mueller Report' found and may soon be released

The so-called "Alternative Mueller Report” mentioned in a book by Andrew Weissmann, a top prosecutor for special counsel Robert Mueller’s Trump-Russia investigation, has been found, according to the Department of Justice.

U.S. Attorney Damian Williams of the Southern District of New York said in a Thursday evening filing in federal court that the Justice Department “has located and begun processing this record and intends to release all non-exempt portions … once processing is complete.”

The Justice Department was responding to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by the New York Times in July seeking access to a report allegedly compiled by Weissmann, who publicly battled with Mueller after the special counsel's report “did not establish” any conspiracy or coordination between members of former President Donald Trump's 2016 campaign and the Kremlin.

Weissmann claimed in his book Where the Law Ends that the Mueller investigation had faced restrictions that limited the final report that was released.

“Only some of these limitations made it into the final report, as Team M [Manafort] and Team R [Russia] did not have the pen — that is, the final say. To remedy this, at least for posterity, I had all the members of Team M write up an internal report memorializing everything we found, our conclusions, and the limitations on the investigation, and provided it to the other team leaders as well as had it maintained in our files," he wrote in the book published in the fall of 2020.

The New York Times referenced that passage, telling the court this summer that it “sought a copy of the internal report done by Mr. Weissman’s team [the ‘Alternative Mueller Report’] referenced in Weissman’s book” and called it “a document of immense public interest” in claiming that “Weissman’s acknowledgment of the existence of the Alternative Mueller Report suggests that there was important facts or findings omitted from the original version.”

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Is this the one where they essentially fill in some of the names that were redacted for privacy reasons?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I expect this to be about as world shaking as when Rachael Maddow released Trump's tax returns which showed absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Or maybe this is the one Schiff has been sitting on that says Trump really did collude with Russia.
        We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

I had heard "it" was out there, but don't really know how it is supposed to matter.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment