Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pelosi Suffers Extreme 54-Second Cognitive Failure on Live TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelosi Suffers Extreme 54-Second Cognitive Failure on Live TV

The evidence is building that President Joe Biden isn’t the only Democrat Americans should be worried about when it comes to how things are working upstairs.

When House Speaker Nancy Pelosi took to the podium on Thursday for her weekly news conference, she launched into a stream of incoherence that would have rivaled Biden on his worst day.

And it couldn’t have built much confidence in the nation’s top leadership.

According to a C-SPAN archive of the news conference, Pelosi was asked about a bill backed by Sens. Marco Rubio, Republican of Florida, and Chris Murphy, Democrat of Connecticut, that punishes China for its manifold human rights abuses.

(The kind of human rights abuses that posers like the NBA’s LeBron James and other outstanding examples of humanity have no interest in.)

Pelosi’s answer, if you can call it that, left even the most devoted partisans scratching their heads.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1466444129886425095

What she seemed to be trying to say was that a bill in the House from Rep. Jim McGovern, a Massachusetts Democrat, was better — but seriously, that’s a guess.

According to the C-SPAN archive, Pelosi first criticized former President Donald Trump (of course) as an “autocrat” with no concern for human rights.

“I take second place to no one in the Congress in my criticism of China’s human rights record,” she said before taking her jab at Trump and his interactions with Chinese President Xi Jinping.

So far, so normal.

Then she went off the rails, apparently mixing in references to the EAGLE Act, a bill passed in the House aimed at China, with the names of current and former members of Congress (including one who is now deceased) and various stages of brain freeze.

“We have a bill in the House. It’s the McGovern bill. It’s a stronger bill, uh, than the, uh, the — it is, it’s, a bill that we could have freestanding or a bill that is in the EAGLE Act, that is part of the, um, the, um, Mr. — Foreign Affairs Committee, Mr. Kendrick Meeks — no, Gregory Meeks’ bill. Kendrick — we’re all very sad about losing Carrie Meek this week, so I referenced her son.”

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Oh my goodness....
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Oh my goodness....
      I think that's clearly the most... um... discomboobulated... answer we've seen in quite some time.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The evidence is building that President Joe Biden isn’t the only Democrat Americans should be worried about when it comes to how things are working upstairs.

When House Speaker Nancy Pelosi took to the podium on Thursday for her weekly news conference, she launched into a stream of incoherence that would have rivaled Biden on his worst day.

According to a C-SPAN archive of the news conference, Pelosi was asked about a bill backed by Sens. Marco Rubio, Republican of Florida, and Chris Murphy, Democrat of Connecticut, that punishes China for its manifold human rights abuses.

(The kind of human rights abuses that posers like the NBA’s LeBron James and other outstanding examples of humanity have no interest in.)

Pelosi’s answer, if you can call it that, left even the most devoted partisans scratching their heads.

What she seemed to be trying to say was that a bill in the House from Rep. Jim McGovern, a Massachusetts Democrat, was better — but seriously, that’s a guess.

According to the C-SPAN archive, Pelosi first criticized former President Donald Trump (of course) as an “autocrat” with no concern for human rights.

“I take second place to no one in the Congress in my criticism of China’s human rights record,” she said before taking her jab at Trump and his interactions with Chinese President Xi Jinping.

So far, so normal.

Then she went off the rails, apparently mixing in references to the EAGLE Act, a bill passed in the House aimed at China, with the names of current and former members of Congress (including one who is now deceased) and various stages of brain freeze.

“We have a bill in the House. It’s the McGovern bill. It’s a stronger bill, uh, than the, uh, the — it is, it’s, a bill that we could have freestanding or a bill that is in the EAGLE Act, that is part of the, um, the, um, Mr. — Foreign Affairs Committee, Mr. Kendrick Meeks — no, Gregory Meeks’ bill. Kendrick — we’re all very sad about losing Carrie Meek this week, so I referenced her son.”

Yeah basically at the moment our choices in the line of succession are the current old coot with dementia, a whackjob who slept her way to her current position who literally no one in the country even likes, and another old coot with dementia.

Comment

So far, so normal.

Lololol, someone tweeted "I would LOVE to hear some of the conversations she & Biden have..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Lololol, someone tweeted "I would LOVE to hear some of the conversations she & Biden have..."
            Around a gallon of ice cream?

Comment

Around a gallon of ice cream?
              Aunt Clara might be able to give us a coherent translation

Comment

What time of the day did this take place?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Gin o'clock.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    The earliest timestamp I'm seeing is 2 December, 2021 @ 10:51 AM.

Comment

It's hard to make a convincing case that you know what you're talking about in the Senate (like she was attempting to do) by saying "whatever that thing is called that they have in the Senate."

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        It's hard to make a convincing case that you know what you're talking about in the Senate (like she was attempting to do) by saying "whatever that thing is called that they have in the Senate."
                        You wonder how often this happens, too - and how many people are scared to death to bring it up. And the way she schlurrrrzzzz her words.....

Comment

Wow.... Hannity just played some longer clips that are even MORE.... incoherent.

Comment

You wonder how often this happens, too - and how many people are scared to death to bring it up. And the way she schlurrrrzzzz her words.....
                            I'm no doctor and basically talking out of my behind, but her symptoms seem to look like she either had or is having a stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I'm no doctor and basically talking out of my behind, but her symptoms seem to look like she either had or is having a stroke.
                              Or a three martini breakfast?
                              We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment