Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Biden Balks When Asked if He Will Visit Families of Michigan School Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Biden Balks When Asked if He Will Visit Families of Michigan School Shooting

Joe Biden Balks When Asked if He Will Visit Families of Michigan School Shooting

How could he NOT "even have the details of who the families are"?

President Joe Biden balked on Tuesday when asked by reporters if he would visit the victims and families of those affected in a school shooting in Michigan.

“I don’t know that I’m able to do that,” Biden replied when asked by reporters about whether he would visit the victims. “I don’t even have the detail of who the families are.”

Biden spoke to reporters as he left Minnesota after traveling to promote his infrastructure bill. He said he talked with Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI) about the shooting.

“I think she knew somebody who was there,” he said. “I’m not — I don’t know anybody who was injured.”

A 15-year-old student opened fire with a handgun at Oxford High School in Oxford Township, Michigan, according to reports. Three students were killed — 16-year-old Tate Myre, 14-year-old Hana St. Juliana, and 17-year-old Madisyn Baldwin.

Biden reacted briefly to the shooting during his speech promoting his infrastructure law.

“As we learn the full details, my heart goes out to the families enduring the unimaginable grief of losing a loved one,” he said.

Biden still has not visited the community of Waukesha, Wisconsin after the horrific Christmas parade attack where six people were killed and over 60 people were injured by a man charged with intentionally driving into a crowd.

The president frequently condemns gun violence, even ordering flags to be lowered to half staff after several shooting events that took place during his presidency.

But his trips as consoler-in-chief after national tragedies remain more selective.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

He doesn't know the families involved because he doesn't care.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

How could he NOT "even have the details of who the families are"?

President Joe Biden balked on Tuesday when asked by reporters if he would visit the victims and families of those affected in a school shooting in Michigan.

“I don’t know that I’m able to do that,” Biden replied when asked by reporters about whether he would visit the victims. “I don’t even have the detail of who the families are.”

Biden spoke to reporters as he left Minnesota after traveling to promote his infrastructure bill. He said he talked with Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI) about the shooting.

“I think she knew somebody who was there,” he said. “I’m not — I don’t know anybody who was injured.”

A 15-year-old student opened fire with a handgun at Oxford High School in Oxford Township, Michigan, according to reports. Three students were killed — 16-year-old Tate Myre, 14-year-old Hana St. Juliana, and 17-year-old Madisyn Baldwin.

Biden reacted briefly to the shooting during his speech promoting his infrastructure law.

“As we learn the full details, my heart goes out to the families enduring the unimaginable grief of losing a loved one,” he said.

Biden still has not visited the community of Waukesha, Wisconsin after the horrific Christmas parade attack where six people were killed and over 60 people were injured by a man charged with intentionally driving into a crowd.

The president frequently condemns gun violence, even ordering flags to be lowered to half staff after several shooting events that took place during his presidency.

But his trips as consoler-in-chief after national tragedies remain more selective.
      Yep, he was one state away from the Waukesha folks and didn't visit because the driver was a black dude with extremist BLM politics, so yeah, I doubt he'll visit this school because the gun was a pistol and not easily used to push gun control.

Comment

Look at his first statement: "I don’t know that I’m able to do that."

He would have to get permission from his keepers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

That was what immediately jumped out at me.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Did he check his watch?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              He doesn't know the families involved because he doesn't care.
              Or his handlers didn't bother to feed him that news.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Which makes me doubt Obama is calling the shots. Wasn't Obama a huge gun control advocate? Wouldn't this be the perfect political opportunity for him to use Biden in that regard?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Which makes me doubt Obama is calling the shots. Wasn't Obama a huge gun control advocate? Wouldn't this be the perfect political opportunity for him to use Biden in that regard?
                  Same could be said about Biden himself. In fact, do you know of any top tier Democrat that doesn't fit that description?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Same could be said about Biden himself. In fact, do you know of any top tier Democrat that doesn't fit that description?
                    No, no, no, NO... Biden is a gun expert and proponent! Instructor, even!

Comment

But we know Biden is braindead and has handlers.

Comment

Or his handlers didn't bother to feed him that news.
                        Why not both?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

No, no, no, NO... Biden is a gun expert and proponent! Instructor, even!

That was back in the days when Joe was still allowed to have his own opinions rather than having them handed to him on a card

He says that he told "Dr." Jill to walk outside and fire a couple of rounds into the air with a shotgun?

I wonder what would have happened if Mark and Patricia McCloskey had followed his advice. Would the Democrat DA even assigned them bail?

Comment

That was back in the days when Joe was still allowed to have his own opinions rather than having them handed to him on a card

He says that he told "Dr." Jill to walk outside and fire a couple of rounds into the air with a shotgun?

I wonder what would have happened if Mark and Patricia McCloskey had followed his advice. Would the Democrat DA even assigned them bail?
                            Ya see that Joe is still telling the very whoppers that have been debunked over and over again? Even this week.

Comment

Ya see that Joe is still telling the very whoppers that have been debunked over and over again? Even this week.
                              Which one? About two weeks ago he was recounting the AMTRAK one again.

Comment