Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Prediction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Who defines "viability"? A three-year-old child left unattended in the wilderness with all the needed supplies but no human assistance would not be "viable."
    A fetus is 100% viable as long as it's not forcibly expelled from the uterus.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

A whole lot of controversy with foreign election tampering and rigging accusations (from both sides) and possibly unsettled issues in close races, with an even deeper bitter divide between the parties as a result. That's my prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Davey Crockett killed him a Barr when he was only 3!

Can you sing any more of it?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Can you sing any more of it?
          ALL the verses, yes! But for those unfamiliar with this ballad....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            The MSM can be expected to fuel that fire with misinformation just like they did with Rittenhouse. I figure there will be another Woman's March but instead of vagina hats they'll dress like the characters from a Handmaids Tale.
            They're not waiting.

WaPo piece by one of their columnists:

Source: Woman savoring last few hours before getting turned back into vessel

It was hard to believe the time was running out. Maybe it would not, after all. It had been so long — nearly 49 years, with a few scares along the way — that the illusion had held, that she was a citizen, a person with rights to be respected in her own right. That not merely her life was worthy of protection, but also her ability to make choices for her own future. That she was just as good as any state legislator, and possessed certain rights they could not abridge!

Those 49 years had flown by. But when the court’s clock struck, her run would in all likelihood begin to end. She would stop being a person with autonomy over her own body that the law was bound to respect. She would go back to being a vessel that might potentially contain a person, a vessel whose rights ended once that possibility was considered.

It had been so nice, thinking that she could go anywhere in the United States and the laws would have to acknowledge her right to decide whether she wanted to be pregnant, that any doctor who treated her could give her correct information about what risks she faced, that if her life were threatened, her life would carry weight.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

If you can't kill an unborn child on a whim then you're a second class citizen.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

A fetus is 100% viable as long as it's not forcibly expelled from the uterus.
              I take it you've never heard of the term miscarriage before. Depending on a woman's age and other risk factors, between 10% and 50% of all fetuses are spontaneously aborted during pregnancy. And viable or not, not one of them was "forcibly" expelled from the uterus.
              When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
              - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
              “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

Originally posted by Doofus River View Post

I take it you've never heard of the term miscarriage before. Depending on a woman's age and other risk factors, between 10% and 50% of all fetuses are spontaneously aborted during pregnancy. And viable or not, not one of them was "forcibly" expelled from the uterus.
                That's like arguing that a human adult is not "viable" because they can be killed through happenstance.

Comment

That's like arguing that a human adult is not "viable" because they can be killed through happenstance.
                  and that means we can go ahead and kill them because they most likely would die in an accident anyway.

Comment

Errr no, it isn't. You said that 100% of fetuses are viable that aren't forcibly expelled from the uterus. Perhaps you don't realise that most spontaneously aborted fetuses are naturally ejected because of their non-viabilty. 50% of first trimester, and 25% of all miscarriages are due to genetic flaws in the fetus. Each one, non-viable and not one forcibly expelled from the uterus.
                    When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
                    - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;

Comment

FFi80c7XEAgElka.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

and that means we can go ahead and kill them because they most likely would die in an accident anyway.
                        There's some real rubbish written on this site. That comment would be hard pressed to find a landfill site to take it.
                        - Anonymous

Comment

Errr no, it isn't. You said that 100% of fetuses are viable that aren't forcibly expelled from the uterus. Perhaps you don't realise that most spontaneously aborted fetuses are naturally ejected because of their non-viabilty. 50% of first trimester, and 25% of all miscarriages are due to genetic flaws in the fetus. Each one, non-viable and not one forcibly expelled from the uterus.
                          And adult humans are killed every second of every day by one cause or another. According to your reasoning, adult humans are not viable organisms.

Comment

I'm sure Turley is correct. Nobody on the Supreme Court wants to make themselves a political target or give the Democrats cause to make good on their threat to pack the court. Honestly, something needs to be done about the latter, because just the threat itself seems to have crippled the court to some extent. It needs to be established as a matter of law that the Supreme Court is to have no more than nine justices. I suppose that can only be done with a Constitutional amendment, but is that even possible in today's political climate?
                            It already is a matter of law that there are no more than Supreme Court justices; it was a law passed by congress that set it as such (much like a previous law set it at 10, a law before that set it at 9, a law before that set it at 7, and a law before that set it at 6).

Granted, one could pass a constitutional amendment to make the rule far more permanent than a simple law does. But it's rather unlikely to pass such an amendment. Why? Well, there are two possibilities. One is that permanently setting it to 9 isn't popular enough to pass the amendment, in which case it doesn't pass. If it is popular enough to pass an amendment... it still wouldn't pass because it'd simply be seen as pointless to pass an amendment to do what's already the law. There's quite a few policies I can think of that are so popular (both among the voting public and among politicians) that the support is there to pass an amendment if that would be necessary to have that policy, but no one bothers because they're already passed by law so why bother. I don't think any amendment in history has been passed with the purpose of maintaining the status quo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mole Hill Man View Post

And adult humans are killed every second of every day by one cause or another. According to your reasoning, adult humans are not viable organisms.
                              I know that mule headed obstinancy is worn as a badge of honour on this site, but you really take the prize. So what do you call the 25% of all fetuses that are spontaneously ejected, naturally during pregnancy? Viable? Or non-viable?
                              - Anonymous

Comment

So what do you call the 25% of all fetuses that are spontaneously ejected, naturally during pregnancy? Viable? Or non-viable?
                                I regard them the same way I would regard someone killed in a car accident. Just because it is possible for circumstances to come about that can kill any one living organism does not mean those organisms in general are non-viable.

I know you think you're being dashingly clever with this argument, but you look like an idiot to the rest of us.

Comment