Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama's Third Term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's Third Term

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
    Also, for the conspiracy minded ....

Does it seem possible to anyone here that Obama groomed this senile old codger (possibly for years) to succeed him? Just so he could pull his strings? Obama was both president and a community organizer. Who better to work precincts, a person with both power and grassroots experience? Who better to cause irregularities? He endorsed Biden without ever saying why. I watched a couple of Obama's speeches in support of candidate Biden and he couldn't ascribe any successes or policies to him. It was basically "I trust Joe - he's a friend of mine." Everyone knows that Joe isn't running the show ( https://www.yahoo.com/now/majority-b...164800792.html ), so who is making a lot of these decisions? Who does Biden trust implicitly to advise him? Who does Biden owe favors to?

I submit, Obama is running his third term in office. And with senile Joe as the front man, Obama can take unpopular risks that he wouldn't have pursued during his own tenure.
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

No. In fact, Obama wasn't a fan of Biden running.

Source: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/14/obama-biden-relationship-393570

Many top Obama administration and campaign officials sat on the sidelines or worked for candidates other than Biden. Top former aides including strategist David Axelrod and the young hosts of Pod Save America—Jon Favreau, Tommy Vietor, Jon Lovett and Dan Pfeiffer—at times ridiculed the former vice president’s campaign. Biden is one of the few candidates to have not gone on either of their popular podcasts during the campaign, despite having been invited: “I can’t speak for his campaign’s scheduling decisions,” said Vietor, “but the Zoom is always open.”

Biden aides acknowledge that Obama didn’t do nearly as much for Biden in 2020 as he did for Clinton in 2016.

The lack of public enthusiasm for Biden was noticeable enough that former Obama senior adviser Pete Rouse—who was one of the aides who helped Biden organize his potential 2016 run—addressed it at a fundraiser of Obama alumni for Biden last November that he helped organize.

“I think the turnout tonight demonstrates the high regard in which the vice president is held in the extended Obama family,” Rouse told the crowd of about 50 people. “And I think that that message is not out as far as it should be.”

Yet searing, anonymously sourced quotes from Obama kept appearing through the race. One Democrat who spoke to Obama recalled the former president warning, “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to **** things up.” Speaking of his own waning understanding of today’s Democratic electorate, especially in Iowa, Obama told one 2020 candidate: “And you know who really doesn’t have it? Joe Biden.”

© Copyright Original Source

Assuming the secondhand quotes of Obama are accurate, and sincere, it would refute the "grooming" portion of my theory. But Obama could still have jumped on board when the opportunity arose. Once Biden captured the DNC, Obama could have moved in.

Effectively it's Obama's third term as he's likely the Svengali puppet master behind the old duffer. The "they" that old Joe grumbles about having to do what "they" tell him. But that doesn't mean that Obama supported the duffer but rather has taken advantage of the situation (the rapid deterioration of old Joe's cognitive abilities).

Keep in mind of what Obama said about his "dear friend" while refusing to endorse him until he became inevitable:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If this is true then his third term is a bigger disaster than his first two terms.
      We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskazimm View Post
        If this is true then his third term is a bigger disaster than his first two terms.
        In this case he has a fall guy to take the blame for the things he wants done.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          In this case he has a fall guy to take the blame for the things he wants done.
          Yup, my thinking as well. Things like not policing the southern border, or shutting down Keystone. Obama's thinking is: "I couldn't do these incredibly unpopular things during my terms because it would ruin my legacy. But doofus Joe will do them if I tell him to." And, "I can use my old contacts, influence and experience in getting Joe pushed over the top in precincts I worked in as a community organizer."

Comment

Assuming the secondhand quotes of Obama are accurate, and sincere, it would refute the "grooming" portion of my theory. But Obama could still have jumped on board when the opportunity arose. Once Biden captured the DNC, Obama could have moved in.
            Is Obama making Biden pass a "Build Back Better" economic monstrosity? Then how is Obama influencing the other branches of government in this regard?

How is Obama influencing the federal reserve to print insane amounts of money, as well as the other central banks worldwide doing the same thing, which is causing inflation and severe economic imbalances?

Is Obama making Biden initiate covid mandates that is also causing economic and societal disruption? Then why is this happening worldwide?

IMO, this is looking at everything in a political bubble. Think bigger than Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Is Obama making Biden pass a "Build Back Better" economic monstrosity? Then how is Obama influencing the other branches of government in this regard?

How is Obama influencing the federal reserve to print insane amounts of money, as well as the other central banks worldwide doing the same thing, which is causing inflation and severe economic imbalances?

Is Obama making Biden initiate covid mandates that is also causing economic and societal disruption? Then why is this happening worldwide?

IMO, this is looking at everything in a political bubble. Think bigger than Obama.
              I am only suspecting Obama in those areas that he can influence. I'm not saying he can influence international markets or anything else that is outside the control of the president. All I'm saying is that Biden isn't doing his own thinking and - someone is putting suggestions in his ear. I can't think of anyone else Biden would loyally trust to do his thinking for him.

Comment

I am only suspecting Obama in those areas that he can influence. I'm not saying he can influence international markets or anything else that is outside the control of the president. All I'm saying is that Biden isn't doing his own thinking and - someone is putting suggestions in his ear. I can't think of anyone else Biden would loyally trust to do his thinking for him.
                We definitely agree Biden ain't running anything because the guy is braindead and can barely talk. I don't think it's just one person pulling his strings though. I believe there are multiple people involved that have a common goal, and those goals reflect a global agenda.

Comment

"Dr." Jill?

The fact is that someone is telling old Joe what to do and it occasionally irritates him (C'mon man! I'm the president. Aren't I?)

After all, someone has the authority to turn off his mic when he's speaking. Could you imagine anyone doing that to any other president? Even the genteel George H.W. Bush wouldn't put up with that.

Btw, anyone see the latest with old Joe sitting outside, apparently signing something when something catches his eye and he focuses in like a laser? Only one thing gets his attention like that. Yup. An 11 year old girl. He starts grinning at her and talking to her and you see an aide making an aggravated hand signal and suddenly a band starts playing drowning out old Joe's creepy pedophile act. In that instant, cutting his mic or drowning him out was saving him from himself.

Comment

[CENTER]wh0th3y.jpg

Honestly, I find the focus on "they" to be overly cynical (and honestly a little tin-hatty). It's not a secret that presidents have media handlers and (as much as possible) virtually every interaction with the press is as scripted as those press secretaries, handlers, speechwriters, etc can manage. When possible, they pre-select reporters to ask questions from. If not, they pre-write and rehearse answers to anticipated questions. They know the president's position, and work to keep things on-message. Remember all the talk about how bad Obama was when he wasn't working from a teleprompter?

To me, it seems fairly obvious that the "They" that Biden refers to are his media managers. It's well known that Biden suffers from chronic foot-in-mouth disease. So, the general strategy will be a much stronger management of the president's exposure, similar to Obama's first term. My guess is that Biden, being more of a people person than Obama, bristles at the stricter control and is less disciplined in his public speaking (again, due to being a people person). I honestly believe no real conspiracy theory is needed in this situation.

The below is a politico article about Obama's shift in political strategy when dealing with the press. The article itself is about how he's reaching out more, but at the same time it shows how much work and planning goes into "handling" the president, and his interactions with the press.

Source: https://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/barack-obama-white-house-press-corps-109672

President Barack Obama had just done the unthinkable.

He took questions last week from the White House press corps — not just once, but twice. He didn’t call only on the reporters who were selected ahead of time by his senior aides. He even stuck around longer than he wanted at a briefing Friday to appease the room of shouting correspondents.

“Hold on, guys. Come on. You’re not that pent up,” Obama joked. “I’ve been giving you questions lately.”

This never used to happen in the Obama White House, a place so obsessed with message control that the president could go months without talking with the press corps. However, in the past seven weeks, Obama has taken questions an average of once a week.

Now, the pattern is for Obama to speak for 10 or so minutes and then take a few questions.

“We’ve been strategic about choosing the optimal moments for the president to personally press his case in response to questions from journalists,” said Josh Earnest, who took over as White House press secretary in June. “These exchanges give reporters valuable insight into his thinking that far exceeds the impact of a written readout, for example.”

The nature of the interactions is also less rehearsed. When Obama took office, he continued a practice started by President George W. Bush to call on only the reporters who appeared on a list generated by his top aides. This became so much of a habit that some reporters stopped raising their hands or shouting questions.

Aides say the relatively small number of true problems Obama has caused for himself at the microphone has kept aides from worrying much about exposing him more. Just the opposite, in fact.

Plotting out media strategy on Air Force One with Earnest on the way to their border crisis meeting with Texas Gov. Rick Perry, they decided that the press secretary should give a preview to traveling reporters, while the president could make a statement afterward. That way, the White House account of the meeting would have the authority of coming from Obama himself — enabling them to do more to shape its characterization than any news release or statement from an aide ever could.

Then the president made a suggestion: He’d be open to answering questions after the meeting himself.

He took five questions from four reporters.

“Is this all very deliberate? Yes,” said David Gergen, who has served as an adviser to four presidents. “It has been carefully thought through, and there have been decisions on how to approach the press in the months running up to the midterm.”

Comment

Honestly, I find the focus on "they" to be overly cynical (and honestly a little tin-hatty). It's not a secret that presidents have media handlers and (as much as possible) virtually every interaction with the press is as scripted as those press secretaries, handlers, speechwriters, etc can manage. When possible, they pre-select reporters to ask questions from. If not, they pre-write and rehearse answers to anticipated questions. They know the president's position, and work to keep things on-message. Remember all the talk about how bad Obama was when he wasn't working from a teleprompter?

To me, it seems fairly obvious that the "They" that Biden refers to are his media managers. It's well known that Biden suffers from chronic foot-in-mouth disease. So, the general strategy will be a much stronger management of the president's exposure, similar to Obama's first term. My guess is that Biden, being more of a people person than Obama, bristles at the stricter control and is less disciplined in his public speaking (again, due to being a people person). I honestly believe no real conspiracy theory is needed in this situation.

The below is a politico article about Obama's shift in political strategy when dealing with the press. The article itself is about how he's reaching out more, but at the same time it shows how much work and planning goes into "handling" the president, and his interactions with the press.

Source: https://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/barack-obama-white-house-press-corps-109672

President Barack Obama had just done the unthinkable.

He took questions last week from the White House press corps — not just once, but twice. He didn’t call only on the reporters who were selected ahead of time by his senior aides. He even stuck around longer than he wanted at a briefing Friday to appease the room of shouting correspondents.

“Hold on, guys. Come on. You’re not that pent up,” Obama joked. “I’ve been giving you questions lately.”

This never used to happen in the Obama White House, a place so obsessed with message control that the president could go months without talking with the press corps. However, in the past seven weeks, Obama has taken questions an average of once a week.

Now, the pattern is for Obama to speak for 10 or so minutes and then take a few questions.

“We’ve been strategic about choosing the optimal moments for the president to personally press his case in response to questions from journalists,” said Josh Earnest, who took over as White House press secretary in June. “These exchanges give reporters valuable insight into his thinking that far exceeds the impact of a written readout, for example.”

The nature of the interactions is also less rehearsed. When Obama took office, he continued a practice started by President George W. Bush to call on only the reporters who appeared on a list generated by his top aides. This became so much of a habit that some reporters stopped raising their hands or shouting questions.

Aides say the relatively small number of true problems Obama has caused for himself at the microphone has kept aides from worrying much about exposing him more. Just the opposite, in fact.

Plotting out media strategy on Air Force One with Earnest on the way to their border crisis meeting with Texas Gov. Rick Perry, they decided that the press secretary should give a preview to traveling reporters, while the president could make a statement afterward. That way, the White House account of the meeting would have the authority of coming from Obama himself — enabling them to do more to shape its characterization than any news release or statement from an aide ever could.

Then the president made a suggestion: He’d be open to answering questions after the meeting himself.

He took five questions from four reporters.

“Is this all very deliberate? Yes,” said David Gergen, who has served as an adviser to four presidents. “It has been carefully thought through, and there have been decisions on how to approach the press in the months running up to the midterm.”

Presidents have "handlers" who try to smooth things out but never before did they have the power to silence their "boss."

Imagine someone cutting the feed to Ronald I-paid-for-this-microphone Reagan when he was talking. That person would have been needing another job before the minute had passed. Same with Clinton or Obama. The Bush's might have been more polite about it but also would never have tolerated it for an instant. Yet we have someone with the authority to shut a president up. To keep them from speaking. And to do so repeatedly (so it can't be excused as an accident).

And while presidents are often told in advance what sort of questions the press wants to ask it has been always up to them to decide who to pick. Often it is apparent that they are deciding at that moment who to call on. And they decide whether to allow a follow up. Not so with Joe. He has a list that he even acknowledges contains those that he says (his words) that he is "told" to call on. Personally I think old Joe's repeated grumbling about being told what to do is his way of rebelling. He doesn't like being told what to do by people who are supposed to be under him but apparently is powerless to resist (they probably keep the ice cream under lock and key).

Comment

Presidents have "handlers" who try to smooth things out but never before did they have the power to silence their "boss."

Imagine someone cutting the feed to Ronald I-paid-for-this-microphone Reagan when he was talking. That person would have been needing another job before the minute had passed. Same with Clinton or Obama. The Bush's might have been more polite about it but also would never have tolerated it for an instant. Yet we have someone with the authority to shut a president up. To keep them from speaking. And to do so repeatedly (so it can't be excused as an accident).

And while presidents are often told in advance what sort of questions the press wants to ask it has been always up to them to decide who to pick. Often it is apparent that they are deciding at that moment who to call on. And they decide whether to allow a follow up. Not so with Joe. He has a list that he even acknowledges contains those that he says (his words) that he is "told" to call on. Personally I think old Joe's repeated grumbling about being told what to do is his way of rebelling. He doesn't like being told what to do by people who are supposed to be under him but apparently is powerless to resist (they probably keep the ice cream under lock and key).
                        Personally, I see no need for conspiracy theories. They tend to end up making people look like nutters. I think the comments about Biden's mental state to be "fair play" given how liberals harped on it, with psychiatrists even breaking the "Goldwater Rule" to go after Trump.

But, much of what I see is easily explainable without the need to go into grand conspiracy theories.

Comment

Personally, I see no need for conspiracy theories. They tend to end up making people look like nutters. I think the comments about Biden's mental state to be "fair play" given how liberals harped on it, with psychiatrists even breaking the "Goldwater Rule" to go after Trump.

But, much of what I see is easily explainable without the need to go into grand conspiracy theories.
                          It's hard to ignore it when a president is signing a huge stack of executive orders and mutters that he has no idea what it is that he's signing.

It's hard to ignore it when a president wanders off from a photo op with world leaders requiring his wife to run over and herd him him back.

It's hard to ignore it when a president gets lost on his way from a helicopter to the White House even when there are Secret Service agents positioned to point the way.

It's hard to ignore it when a president is given a pre-screened softball question at a "faux" town hall and his reply is a bunch of incoherent mumbling that drifts off to talking about the "man on the moon" and "aliens."

There have been so many red flag moments with old Joe that if people weren't questioning his competency it would be a dereliction of duty. Just listen to him now as compared to just last year during primary debates or his debate with Trump. The difference in just that amount of time is stark and quite frankly, frightening.

Comment

Sure, things like "I'm told I should start with AP, Zeke Miller" can be explained away. It may be nothing more than drawing lots to decide which propagandist media outlet gets to ask the first softball questions.

But Biden wandering off, not knowing where's he's at, or babbling incoherently are all indications that he has trouble thinking. So someone must be doing it for him, because he isn't.

Comment

"Dr." Jill?

The fact is that someone is telling old Joe what to do and it occasionally irritates him (C'mon man! I'm the president. Aren't I?)

After all, someone has the authority to turn off his mic when he's speaking. Could you imagine anyone doing that to any other president? Even the genteel George H.W. Bush wouldn't put up with that.

Btw, anyone see the latest with old Joe sitting outside, apparently signing something when something catches his eye and he focuses in like a laser? Only one thing gets his attention like that. Yup. An 11 year old girl. He starts grinning at her and talking to her and you see an aide making an aggravated hand signal and suddenly a band starts playing drowning out old Joe's creepy pedophile act. In that instant, cutting his mic or drowning him out was saving him from himself.
                              I haven't seen it but it sounds like his usual routine.

As far as "Doctor" Jill, that's possible. I'd need to read some of her pet political positions and compare them to Biden edicts.

Comment