Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"I think we should throw those books in a fire"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm poking at Gondy - I actually LIKE the guy! (and it was HE who was suggesting *I* was trolling. So maybe talk to your boyfriend.)
    I find it amusing that you criticise others for what you call "trolling" and then engage in trolling yourself. There is a word for such behaviour you know! You also use that word against others quite frequently as well.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

The individual who accuses others of trolling is doing precisely the same thing. What probity is being demonstrated and by a moderator no less!
    I'm poking at Gondy - I actually LIKE the guy! (and it was HE who was suggesting *I* was trolling. So maybe talk to your boyfriend.)

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

Gondy and H_A up in a tree - K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!!!

No, actually it does not, and on purpose, as the article carefully explains. The use of "creeds", if any participating autonomous church desires, would be in addition to the BF&M.

"We'll"? You mean you and your German girlfriend?
    The individual who accuses others of trolling is doing precisely the same thing. What probity is being demonstrated and by a moderator no less!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    Gondy and H_A up in a tree - K-I-S-S-I-N-G!!!!!

I mean, yeah, it meets the precise definition of a creed,
    No, actually it does not, and on purpose, as the article carefully explains. The use of "creeds", if any participating autonomous church desires, would be in addition to the BF&M.

You just call it something else. If y'all just wanna feel special and use a different word, that's okay, just admit it, we'll let you.
    "We'll"? You mean you and your German girlfriend?

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

Your dishonesty again raises her ugly head....
    Post # 222
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Why defensive postures? Why did Jesus tell those who did not already have swords to go and buy them?

According to your later religious beliefs Jesus is of the same substance as the Father and therefore knew his human incarnation was the sacrifice for bringing about humankind's salvation. This was all pre-ordained by him [as a Triune deity] so why did he feel the need to tell his followers to go and buy swords?
    Post # 223

Where do you get this crap?
    And we purposely use the word "essence" instead of "substance".
    Then you should have known all about Homoousios and Homoiousios.

Hence my comment concerning the Triune deity was not "crap" but was in fact correct.

The Son is held to be of the same essence/substance [Consubstantia] as the Father.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied

I'm thinking you're falling in love with the little German girl.

I'll chalk this up to your battling with MM, as there's enough difference that we choose one word over the other.

The Baptist Faith & Message is not a creed, though I fully understand why the uninitiated try to see it that way. I often point out that very same thing - it's not a creed, but in a lot of ways walks like it, talks like it... I take that criticism.

Should anybody actually be interested in the "creed" issue -- SHOULD SOUTHERN BAPTISTS USE CREEDS?
    I mean, yeah, it meets the precise definition of a creed, you just call it something else. If y'all just wanna feel special and use a different word, that's okay, just admit it, we'll let you.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

Sad, then, that you abandoned reason for childish things.
    I feel the same about you.

d11d1c516380d1c6ed3da36170911e6e4c7c3683a178d1573d9f56f12fe6a193.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Dealing with MM, the conservative version of H_A can do that.
    I'm thinking you're falling in love with the little German girl.

There may well be reasons you guys chose one particular translation over another, but both come from the exact same word, and are about the exact same subject. Hence why I questioned you on your Trinity views as I had thought Southern Baptists were Trinitarian. It turned out you just didn't understand what she was talking about. due to your translation differences. (BTW, I see you have similar word choice issues that are similarly distinctions without differences elsewhere with your insistence that you guys don't follow creeds, only to then literally post a link to your creed - y'all just have to be special, huh? ​)
    I'll chalk this up to your battling with MM, as there's enough difference that we choose one word over the other.

The Baptist Faith & Message is not a creed, though I fully understand why the uninitiated try to see it that way. I often point out that very same thing - it's not a creed, but in a lot of ways walks like it, talks like it... I take that criticism.

Should anybody actually be interested in the "creed" issue -- SHOULD SOUTHERN BAPTISTS USE CREEDS?

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I was you for 40 years, my man.
    Sad, then, that you abandoned reason for childish things.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied

You seem particularly combative today, everything OK?
    Dealing with MM, the conservative version of H_A can do that.

And, there are reasons Southern Baptists chose "essence" over "substance". I knew exactly what I was talking about.
    There may well be reasons you guys chose one particular translation over another, but both come from the exact same word, and are about the exact same subject. Hence why I questioned you on your Trinity views as I had thought Southern Baptists were Trinitarian. It turned out you just didn't understand what she was talking about. due to your translation differences. (BTW, I see you have similar word choice issues that are similarly distinctions without differences elsewhere with your insistence that you guys don't follow creeds, only to then literally post a link to your creed - y'all just have to be special, huh? )

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied

Case in point. It terrifies you that you could end up like me or any other atheist and reject that faith because we saw through the lies of the church.
    I was you for 40 years, my man.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    A distinction without a difference. You didn't know what you were talking about and are now trying to CYA. This is getting embarrassing for you at this point.
    You seem particularly combative today, everything OK?

And, there are reasons Southern Baptists chose "essence" over "substance". I knew exactly what I was talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied

Your dishonesty again raises her ugly head....

You had assumed to know what I believe...

I responded with...

Because we use the term "essence" rather than "substance".
    A distinction without a difference. You didn't know what you were talking about and are now trying to CYA. This is getting embarrassing for you at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

If they understood it, then they wouldn't be atheists. Duh.
    Case in point. It terrifies you that you could end up like me or any other atheist and reject that faith because we saw through the lies of the church.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    When y'all don't even get the basics right you can't legitimately hide behind claims of handwaves and picking and choosing and vast convoluted 'logic'
    Except we do get the basics right. We just don't agree with your interpretations. And that's what terrifies you. And that's why you resort to ad hom arguments like "oh well you were a dropout so clearly you didn't understand the TROOOOOOOO Christianity"

Leave a comment: