Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"I think we should throw those books in a fire"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

He seems like the kind of guy you could have a knock-down-drag-out fight with and then go have a beer with afterwards.
    I still like him - glad he's around.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

As Gondwanaland acknowledges you "were just trolling her" and as you have accused me of trolling, what does that make you?
    As Gondy has clarified, he did not "acknowledge" anything - just presented it as an option.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I didn't even accuse you of it, I presented it as a potential explanation.
    You are correct.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    You do not appear to know anything about the First Council of Nicaea in 325 CE which attempted to settle the debate over Homoousios [same substance] and Homoiousios [similar substance].

In other words was the Son co-equal with the Father or a lesser deity [subordinationism]?
    No formally organised church that I know of accepts the raw Biblical statements regarding the nature of Logos and his relationship to the Father.
    The creed of 325 in itself does not conflict with the raw Biblical information, the later creeds do.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied

As Gondwanaland acknowledges you "were just trolling her" and as you have accused me of trolling, what does that make you?
    No, I presented that as a potential explanation, in conjunction with another one.

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Nah, this is normal for him whenever Christianity is discussed.
    Only when dealing with extremists (wrt your religious adherence) like yourself on the subject.

He can be a reasonable guy when discussing other topics, but whenever the conversation turns towards Christianity, he transforms into a raving nutter.
    Takes one to know one. And I suspect Sparko would say the same to you on the topic of covid.......

Leave a comment:

• Gondwanaland
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He doesn't "acknowledge" it - he falsely accuses me of it. And YOU said....

You really can be SO dense!
    I didn't even accuse you of it, I presented it as a potential explanation.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied

Should anybody actually be interested in the "creed" issue -- SHOULD SOUTHERN BAPTISTS USE CREEDS?
    Spencer argues well for reintroducing "creed" as the appropriate term for statements of belief.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

I'm poking at Gondy - I actually LIKE the guy! (and it was HE who was suggesting *I* was trolling. So maybe talk to your boyfriend.)
    He seems like the kind of guy you could have a knock-down-drag-out fight with and then go have a beer with afterwards.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

You seem particularly combative today, everything OK?
    Nah, this is normal for him whenever Christianity is discussed. He can be a reasonable guy when discussing other topics, but whenever the conversation turns towards Christianity, he transforms into a raving nutter.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

[intentional sarcasm: Oh of course how silly of me. I should realise that when you engage in behaviour defined as trolling [See the Urban Dictionary: "making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments ...with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction] you are not actually trolling but when other people make comments you do not agree with, or like, they are trolling.]

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Why is it that those who are atheists and claim to have been in seminary seem to have such a miserable understanding of the Bible and Christianity in general?
    I have to assume it's Dunning-Kruger. They think their experiences make them "experts", and therefore anything they believe about Christianity must necessarily be correct.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

The individual who accuses others of trolling is doing precisely the same thing. What probity is being demonstrated and by a moderator no less!

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

You two need to get your stories straight.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
    That or you were just trolling her, which, fair enough.
    The individual who accuses others of trolling is doing precisely the same thing. What probity is being demonstrated and by a moderator no less!
    You two need to get your stories straight.

Leave a comment: