Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"I think we should throw those books in a fire"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    He seems like the kind of guy you could have a knock-down-drag-out fight with and then go have a beer with afterwards.
    Ralph and Sam
    image_56630.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

This little tag is always an indication that you're about to type something really stupid, not sarcastic.

Verily! Verily!

With regards to Gondy - I already said I was "poking" him, just like I do Sparko, Rogue, and others I like. Do you REALLY think I was serious when I was mockingly "singing" the "Gondy and H_A up in a tree"? That's a silly little song that kids sing when they see somebody being cozy.

I think you're just jealous because I don't like you as much as I like them.
      She may just be jealous because she knows she doesn't have actually a chance with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Ralph and Sam
        image_56630.jpg
        EGGzackly. I tried to get NRAJeff to understand that, because I liked him as an individual, but he was SO WRONG on all things Mormon!

(well, he was "so right" on what they believed, but SO WRONG)
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He does, which means, currently, it's not.

I think a major difference is that we don't "recite" the BF&M, nor do we require anybody to "hold to it" or to "subscribe" to it. It's a body of work that attempts to define who we are.

I'd bet the vast majority of Southern Baptists don't even know what's in it.
          Not exactly even a catechism

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Not exactly even a catechism
            When somebody expresses interest in joining our Church, I give them a copy of the BF&M (in pamphlet form) and ask them to read it - then I ask them to let me know if there was anything with which they substantially disagreed. I do not ask them "do you agree with all of it", or ask them to sign a copy.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

No formally organised church that I know of accepts the raw Biblical statements regarding the nature of Logos and his relationship to the Father.
              The creed of 325 in itself does not conflict with the raw Biblical information, the later creeds do.
              As I have observed in previous exchanges with you on other another thread, you exhibit a tendency towards Gnostic ideas. Hence your reference to various periphrastic verses in John and other NT writings come as no surprise.

"It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

As I have observed in previous exchanges with you on other another thread, you exhibit a tendency towards Gnostic ideas. Hence your reference to various periphrastic verses in John and other NT writings come as no surprise.
                And it comes as no surprise to me that you think you know more about my beliefs than I do - so be it.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

And it comes as no surprise to me that you think you know more about my beliefs than I do - so be it.
                  I am simply commenting on what you have written.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Lessee, at this point you would be muttering something about mind reading

Comment

No-one who was commenting on what I have written would deem my comments to reflect gnosticism. Maybe Pelagianism or Asceticism on occasion, but not gnosticism.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

As others have noted, you tend to use the same tactics you criticize others for.

Comment

No-one who was commenting on what I have written would deem my comments to reflect gnosticism. Maybe Pelagianism or Asceticism on occasion, but not gnosticism.
                          No one else has commented on your remarks made in another thread.

I'd also point out that for many Christians Pelagianism is deemed heretical.
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Which is known and understood. I can be mistaken for Pelagian. Where the speaker knows the difference between straw-man Pelagius and the real Pelagius, I need do no more than stipulate, "but not straw-man Pelagius." I have also been thought of as Arian, which, given that I acknowledge that Arius was not wrong on every point, is forgivable. That takes a bit more explaining.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I'd also point out that for many christians, being a lesbian is an abomination, what's your point?

Comment

Which is known and understood. I can be mistaken for Pelagian. Where the speaker knows the difference between straw-man Pelagius and the real Pelagius, I need do no more than stipulate, "but not straw-man Pelagius." I have also been thought of as Arian, which, given that I acknowledge that Arius was not wrong on every point, is forgivable. That takes a bit more explaining.
                                Be grateful you are not living a few centuries ago. You would have been burned for heresy.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment