Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"I think we should throw those books in a fire"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Never had pigeon but I have eaten parrot. No desire to do so again.
    So, a guy is before the judge for killing a bald eagle, and the judge is about to throw the book at him.
    Just before he sentences the guy, he asks, "what possible reason, on God's green earth, would ANYBODY have for killing a bald eagle, the symbol of our Nation's pride?"

The man replied, "well, your honor, I'm a private pilot, and I was flying over some wooded area when my plane developed engine trouble, and I crash landed into the forest.
    I broke my right leg and left arm in the crash, and was all alone for 8 days and nights, and I was beginning to die of hunger.
    I saw a bald eagle land in a tree above my plane crash, and I picked up a rock and threw it at him, never imagining I would actually hit him and kill him.
    I made a small fire, grilled the eagle, and it literally saved my life, and I was rescued the next day.

The judge, impressed, pronounced the man not guilty, due to the extenuating circumstances.
    The man thanked the judge profusely, and was leaving the courtroom when the judge called, "hold on, just a second, I just have one more question"

The man stopped and turned around, and the judge asked, "I just gotta know, what does eagle taste like?"
    The man replied, 'it's actually pretty good - somewhere between spotted owl and California Condor".

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    You are seriously giving her way too much credit as well as not comprehending my motives.
    Deh. She derails when she can't substantiate her argument. It's a non-admission of defeat.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

But you aren't "beating her at her own game". She won the game the moment you followed her down her subject change. I.E. Its like when democrats claim something is racist to shift the focus from the corruption that a politician is doing. The minute you decide to engage with their argument about that something being racist, you lose, because you are doing what they want, which is ignore the corruption of the politician.
    You are seriously giving her way too much credit as well as not comprehending my motives.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Never had pigeon but I have eaten parrot. No desire to do so again.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I thought they might taste like dove.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    FWIU pigeons taste horrible.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    Not really, they average about 2/3 the size of a carrier pigeon.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by tabibito View Post

I think a crested pigeon might be more the go. Some of them even try to have a chat. (I've learnt 5 words of wootspeak )

Woot B.jpg
    That would almost make a meal!

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

He probably meant "beating yolks" and was trying to give a recipe for scrambled eggs.
    Tomorrow is Ham & Cheese Omelet day. With about six to seven sausage links (and a sausage patty or two if they're not dry), nine to ten slices of crispy bacon (more if no patties), a biscuit and gravy, some fish, a small blueberry muffin, two glasses of good OJ and a banana.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    Well there's your problem right there. Passenger pigeons are extinct. Now if you only had tried for a Carrier pigeon it might have worked.

Only roguetech boffins have the Magechanical and Biotransmutation chops to pull that sort of thing off.
    I think a crested pigeon might be more the go. Some of them even try to have a chat. (I've learnt 5 words of wootspeak )

Woot B.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    I did but someone turned it into a newt!
    51n5w2IgnhL._SY346_.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

He probably meant "beating yolks" and was trying to give a recipe for scrambled eggs.
    Violence against the unborn is... about as low as you can go!

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    I really don't care if they care. I just like beating folks at their own game using their rules. More of a challenge that way.
    But you aren't "beating her at her own game". She won the game the moment you followed her down her subject change. I.E. Its like when democrats claim something is racist to shift the focus from the corruption that a politician is doing. The minute you decide to engage with their argument about that something being racist, you lose, because you are doing what they want, which is ignore the corruption of the politician.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

BEATING FOLKS? Are you actually advocating VIOLENCE?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I really don't care if they care. I just like beating folks at their own game using their rules. More of a challenge that way.
    BEATING FOLKS? Are you actually advocating VIOLENCE?

Leave a comment: