Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden’s Energy Secretary Has No Idea How Much Oil Americans Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Because he appointed too many deep state jerks. Yeah, they knew their jobs because they've been entrenched forever, but their goals weren't necessarily in line with the average American. You've identified a perplexing problem: Experienced bureaucrats vs inexperienced outsiders. Not much of a choice.

Granholm has the added problems of being an idiot and arrogant at the same time.
    I mean you don't even need an experienced bureaucrat here, just someone with a decent history in the energy sector and knowledge of it. Instead of a career lawyer-politician like this bimbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      The answer is 18 million barrels, which exposes President Biden's move to release 50 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as a futile, political move.

Yes, it's a political move. Yes, it is a temporary solution to a larger, more critical problem.

But in all fairness, I don't believe the release of 50 million barrels is "futile." It is meant to offset domestic prices in the short term. Other presidents have done the same thing, and it does help in the short term. But Biden's overall trend hasn't gone away, and that is hostile to the oil industry.
      But it was intended to relieve pressure in the US when things got heated in the Middle East --- not just because prices increased at home.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Isn't this the same clown who let loose with a Kamala cackle when asked what old Joe was going to do about rising gas prices saying that was out of his control?
        Yup - posted that in the thread from which this started.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I seem to remember listening to someone the other day listing how much was being released compared to how much we consume per day and the amount old Joe released would cover two -- maybe three --- days.
          Two and a half days, and this actually benefits China, according to one expert - I'll dig that up after coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

That's the same dip who laughed during an interview when asked if there were plans to start pumping more oil in the US and then claimed that OPEC has a monopoly, and there's nothing we can do about it.
            'Would that I had the magic wand'- U.S. energy chief on oil output

WASHINGTON, Nov 5 (Reuters) - U.S. Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm on Friday suggested that the Biden administration has little power to push the country's oil producers to boost output in an effort to lower rising fuel costs.

"Would that I had the magic wand on this," Granholm told Bloomberg TV, laughing in a response to a question on what her plan was to raise U.S. oil output. "That is hilarious," she added.

U.S. oil output is expected to fall 260,000 barrels per day (bpd) to about 11 million bpd in 2021 as production is slow to recover from the pandemic even as demand rises, the Energy Information Administration, an independent arm of the Department of Energy, said this month.

That output would be 60,000 bpd lower the EIA previously forecast. Output is expected to rebound in 2022 to 11.7 million bpd, but fall short of pre-pandemic record output of nearly 13 million bpd in November 2019.

Granholm said oil is a global market "controlled by a cartel, the cartel is called OPEC." President Joe Biden's administration has been pushing OPEC and its allies, known as OPEC+, to boost production so as not to impair the global economic recovery. But this week OPEC+ stuck to a plan to only raise output gradually, and Brent oil prices marched higher on Friday to nearly $83 a barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Two and a half days, and this actually benefits China, according to one expert - I'll dig that up after coffee.
              China, along with India, Britain and Japan, are also releasing oil reserves. I don't know how much.

Comment

gaspricespres.jpg
                Of course these clowns don't have a clue. This is the same group that mocked Trump over
                improving the economy over Obama's anemic "new normal" asking if he had a magic wand

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment