Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden’s Energy Secretary Has No Idea How Much Oil Americans Need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biden’s Energy Secretary Has No Idea How Much Oil Americans Need

biden energy secretary doesn't know.jpg

Speaking to reporters at the White House Tuesday afternoon, Department of Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm was asked how many barrels of oil Americans consume and need each day. She claimed she didn't have the answer.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1463243774860181520

The answer is 18 million barrels, which exposes President Biden's move to release 50 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as a futile, political move.

In recent weeks, Granholm laughed off riding energy prices and admitted during remarks this week that the United States is in the middle of a "transition" away from oil and gas, which is causing pain at the pump.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Speaking to reporters at the White House Tuesday afternoon, Department of Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm was asked how many barrels of oil Americans consume and need each day. She claimed she didn't have the answer.

The answer is 18 million barrels, which exposes President Biden's move to release 50 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as a futile, political move.

In recent weeks, Granholm laughed off riding energy prices and admitted during remarks this week that the United States is in the middle of a "transition" away from oil and gas, which is causing pain at the pump.

How in the world did she get that job? Or was it her gender that got her that job, given Biden's boasts? Another case of quota?

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

How in the world did she get that job? Or was it her gender that got her that job, given Biden's boasts? Another case of quota?
      Biden's handlers don't care a bit about qualifications, as long as the person is black, female, gay, transgender..... They are appeasing the far left at the peril of the Nation.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Biden's handlers don't care a bit about qualifications, as long as the person is black, female, gay, transgender..... They are appeasing the far left at the peril of the Nation.
        Does anybody HONESTLY believe that "Mayor Pete" got the job of Transportation Secretary because he was a genius at infrastructure? He's another example, having repeated the long disproven lie that roads are racist.

Buttigieg says America’s highways are racist and infrastructure bill will help fix it

He's another bloomin' idiot, but if you attack him, you're a homophobe!

Comment

Yes, it's a political move. Yes, it is a temporary solution to a larger, more critical problem.

But in all fairness, I don't believe the release of 50 million barrels is "futile." It is meant to offset domestic prices in the short term. Other presidents have done the same thing, and it does help in the short term. But Biden's overall trend hasn't gone away, and that is hostile to the oil industry.

Comment

Isn't this the same clown who let loose with a Kamala cackle when asked what old Joe was going to do about rising gas prices saying that was out of his control?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Yes, it's a political move. Yes, it is a temporary solution to a larger, more critical problem.

But in all fairness, I don't believe the release of 50 million barrels is "futile." It is meant to offset domestic prices in the short term. Other presidents have done the same thing, and it does help in the short term. But Biden's overall trend hasn't gone away, and that is hostile to the oil industry.
              FWIU, short term means about two days.

Old Joe needs to start reversing his E.O.s that in a matter of months changed us from the world's largest energy exporter to scurrying about hat in hand begging OPEC to increase production.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Does anybody HONESTLY believe that "Mayor Pete" got the job of Transportation Secretary because he was a genius at infrastructure? He's another example, having repeated the long disproven lie that roads are racist.

Buttigieg says America’s highways are racist and infrastructure bill will help fix it

He's another bloomin' idiot, but if you attack him, you're a homophobe!
                Anyone else noticing that a bunch of new initiatives have been announced within a couple days of Buttigieg's return from maternity leave?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  FWIU, short term means about two days.
                  I don't believe so.

Looking back, I see that Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton all released emergency oil reserves for various reasons. Clinton specifically did so to ease oil and gasoline prices. The end result was that it helped, but the length of time is debatable. Depending on the source, it was between 2 weeks and 6 months.

Also, this time it is in conjunction with China, India, South Korea, Japan and Britain, who are also releasing reserves.

Old Joe needs to start reversing his E.O.s that in a matter of months changed us from the world's largest energy exporter to scurrying about hat in hand begging OPEC to increase production.
                  Agreed. His Green policy is just another attack on the middle class. Elites can afford any prices, and the poor will probably get vouchers for public transportation.

Comment

I don't believe so.

Looking back, I see that Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton all released emergency oil reserves for various reasons. Clinton specifically did so to ease oil and gasoline prices. The end result was that it helped, but the length of time is debatable. Depending on the source, it was between 2 weeks and 6 months.

Also, this time it is in conjunction with China, India, South Korea, Japan and Britain, who are also releasing reserves.

Agreed. His Green policy is just another attack on the middle class. Elites can afford any prices, and the poor will probably get vouchers for public transportation.
                    I seem to remember listening to someone the other day listing how much was being released compared to how much we consume per day and the amount old Joe released would cover two -- maybe three --- days.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I seem to remember listening to someone the other day listing how much was being released compared to how much we consume per day and the amount old Joe released would cover two -- maybe three --- days.
                      But that's not the point. The reserve release isn't supposed to replace what we consume, rather to add more product to the marketplace so supply/demand takes effect and moves the price down.

But yeah, it is a Band Aid and not a solution.

Comment

That's the same dip who laughed during an interview when asked if there were plans to start pumping more oil in the US and then claimed that OPEC has a monopoly, and there's nothing we can do about it.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Trump had a habit of appointing people who knew the job but would stab him in the back. Joe has a habit of appointing people who are loyal but don't have the first clue about the job to which they're appointed.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Trump had a habit of appointing people who knew the job but would stab him in the back. Joe has a habit of appointing people who are loyal but don't have the first clue about the job to which they're appointed.
                            Because he appointed too many deep state jerks. Yeah, they knew their jobs because they've been entrenched forever, but their goals weren't necessarily in line with the average American. You've identified a perplexing problem: Experienced bureaucrats vs inexperienced outsiders. Not much of a choice.

Granholm has the added problems of being an idiot and arrogant at the same time.

Comment

But that's not the point. The reserve release isn't supposed to replace what we consume, rather to add more product to the marketplace so supply/demand takes effect and moves the price down.

But yeah, it is a Band Aid and not a solution.
                              Yup. Two or three days worth.

Comment