Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden’s Energy Secretary Has No Idea How Much Oil Americans Need

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Biden’s Energy Secretary Has No Idea How Much Oil Americans Need

    Biden’s Energy Secretary Has No Idea How Much Oil Americans Need

    biden energy secretary doesn't know.jpg

    Speaking to reporters at the White House Tuesday afternoon, Department of Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm was asked how many barrels of oil Americans consume and need each day. She claimed she didn't have the answer.

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1463243774860181520

    The answer is 18 million barrels, which exposes President Biden's move to release 50 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as a futile, political move.

    In recent weeks, Granholm laughed off riding energy prices and admitted during remarks this week that the United States is in the middle of a "transition" away from oil and gas, which is causing pain at the pump.


    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Biden’s Energy Secretary Has No Idea How Much Oil Americans Need

    biden energy secretary doesn't know.jpg

    Speaking to reporters at the White House Tuesday afternoon, Department of Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm was asked how many barrels of oil Americans consume and need each day. She claimed she didn't have the answer.

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1463243774860181520

    The answer is 18 million barrels, which exposes President Biden's move to release 50 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as a futile, political move.

    In recent weeks, Granholm laughed off riding energy prices and admitted during remarks this week that the United States is in the middle of a "transition" away from oil and gas, which is causing pain at the pump.

    How in the world did she get that job? Or was it her gender that got her that job, given Biden's boasts? Another case of quota?
    "So when you actually get the virus, you're going to start producing antibodies against multiple pieces of the virus. So, your antibodies are probably better at that point than the vaccination."
    - Pfizer Scientist Chris Croce

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

      How in the world did she get that job? Or was it her gender that got her that job, given Biden's boasts? Another case of quota?
      Biden's handlers don't care a bit about qualifications, as long as the person is black, female, gay, transgender..... They are appeasing the far left at the peril of the Nation.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

        Biden's handlers don't care a bit about qualifications, as long as the person is black, female, gay, transgender..... They are appeasing the far left at the peril of the Nation.
        Does anybody HONESTLY believe that "Mayor Pete" got the job of Transportation Secretary because he was a genius at infrastructure? He's another example, having repeated the long disproven lie that roads are racist.

        Buttigieg says America’s highways are racist and infrastructure bill will help fix it

        He's another bloomin' idiot, but if you attack him, you're a homophobe!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

        Comment


        • #5
          The answer is 18 million barrels, which exposes President Biden's move to release 50 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as a futile, political move.


          Yes, it's a political move. Yes, it is a temporary solution to a larger, more critical problem.

          But in all fairness, I don't believe the release of 50 million barrels is "futile." It is meant to offset domestic prices in the short term. Other presidents have done the same thing, and it does help in the short term. But Biden's overall trend hasn't gone away, and that is hostile to the oil industry.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Biden’s Energy Secretary Has No Idea How Much Oil Americans Need

            biden energy secretary doesn't know.jpg

            Speaking to reporters at the White House Tuesday afternoon, Department of Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm was asked how many barrels of oil Americans consume and need each day. She claimed she didn't have the answer.

            https://twitter.com/i/status/1463243774860181520

            The answer is 18 million barrels, which exposes President Biden's move to release 50 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as a futile, political move.

            In recent weeks, Granholm laughed off riding energy prices and admitted during remarks this week that the United States is in the middle of a "transition" away from oil and gas, which is causing pain at the pump.

            Isn't this the same clown who let loose with a Kamala cackle when asked what old Joe was going to do about rising gas prices saying that was out of his control?

            I'm always still in trouble again

            "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ronson View Post
              The answer is 18 million barrels, which exposes President Biden's move to release 50 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as a futile, political move.


              Yes, it's a political move. Yes, it is a temporary solution to a larger, more critical problem.

              But in all fairness, I don't believe the release of 50 million barrels is "futile." It is meant to offset domestic prices in the short term. Other presidents have done the same thing, and it does help in the short term. But Biden's overall trend hasn't gone away, and that is hostile to the oil industry.
              FWIU, short term means about two days.

              Old Joe needs to start reversing his E.O.s that in a matter of months changed us from the world's largest energy exporter to scurrying about hat in hand begging OPEC to increase production.

              I'm always still in trouble again

              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                Does anybody HONESTLY believe that "Mayor Pete" got the job of Transportation Secretary because he was a genius at infrastructure? He's another example, having repeated the long disproven lie that roads are racist.

                Buttigieg says America’s highways are racist and infrastructure bill will help fix it

                He's another bloomin' idiot, but if you attack him, you're a homophobe!
                Anyone else noticing that a bunch of new initiatives have been announced within a couple days of Buttigieg's return from maternity leave?

                I'm always still in trouble again

                "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  FWIU, short term means about two days.
                  I don't believe so.

                  Looking back, I see that Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton all released emergency oil reserves for various reasons. Clinton specifically did so to ease oil and gasoline prices. The end result was that it helped, but the length of time is debatable. Depending on the source, it was between 2 weeks and 6 months.

                  Also, this time it is in conjunction with China, India, South Korea, Japan and Britain, who are also releasing reserves.

                  Old Joe needs to start reversing his E.O.s that in a matter of months changed us from the world's largest energy exporter to scurrying about hat in hand begging OPEC to increase production.
                  Agreed. His Green policy is just another attack on the middle class. Elites can afford any prices, and the poor will probably get vouchers for public transportation.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                    I don't believe so.

                    Looking back, I see that Trump, Obama, Bush and Clinton all released emergency oil reserves for various reasons. Clinton specifically did so to ease oil and gasoline prices. The end result was that it helped, but the length of time is debatable. Depending on the source, it was between 2 weeks and 6 months.

                    Also, this time it is in conjunction with China, India, South Korea, Japan and Britain, who are also releasing reserves.



                    Agreed. His Green policy is just another attack on the middle class. Elites can afford any prices, and the poor will probably get vouchers for public transportation.
                    I seem to remember listening to someone the other day listing how much was being released compared to how much we consume per day and the amount old Joe released would cover two -- maybe three --- days.

                    I'm always still in trouble again

                    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      I seem to remember listening to someone the other day listing how much was being released compared to how much we consume per day and the amount old Joe released would cover two -- maybe three --- days.
                      But that's not the point. The reserve release isn't supposed to replace what we consume, rather to add more product to the marketplace so supply/demand takes effect and moves the price down.

                      But yeah, it is a Band Aid and not a solution.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Biden’s Energy Secretary Has No Idea How Much Oil Americans Need

                        biden energy secretary doesn't know.jpg

                        Speaking to reporters at the White House Tuesday afternoon, Department of Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm was asked how many barrels of oil Americans consume and need each day. She claimed she didn't have the answer.

                        https://twitter.com/i/status/1463243774860181520

                        The answer is 18 million barrels, which exposes President Biden's move to release 50 million barrels from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as a futile, political move.

                        In recent weeks, Granholm laughed off riding energy prices and admitted during remarks this week that the United States is in the middle of a "transition" away from oil and gas, which is causing pain at the pump.

                        That's the same dip who laughed during an interview when asked if there were plans to start pumping more oil in the US and then claimed that OPEC has a monopoly, and there's nothing we can do about it.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God


                        From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

                          How in the world did she get that job? Or was it her gender that got her that job, given Biden's boasts? Another case of quota?
                          Trump had a habit of appointing people who knew the job but would stab him in the back. Joe has a habit of appointing people who are loyal but don't have the first clue about the job to which they're appointed.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God


                          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                            Trump had a habit of appointing people who knew the job but would stab him in the back. Joe has a habit of appointing people who are loyal but don't have the first clue about the job to which they're appointed.
                            Because he appointed too many deep state jerks. Yeah, they knew their jobs because they've been entrenched forever, but their goals weren't necessarily in line with the average American. You've identified a perplexing problem: Experienced bureaucrats vs inexperienced outsiders. Not much of a choice.

                            Granholm has the added problems of being an idiot and arrogant at the same time.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                              But that's not the point. The reserve release isn't supposed to replace what we consume, rather to add more product to the marketplace so supply/demand takes effect and moves the price down.

                              But yeah, it is a Band Aid and not a solution.
                              Yup. Two or three days worth.

                              I'm always still in trouble again

                              "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Cow Poke, Today, 02:16 PM
                              4 responses
                              33 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Ronson
                              by Ronson
                               
                              Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, Today, 05:14 AM
                              65 responses
                              344 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post tabibito  
                              Started by NorrinRadd, Today, 02:41 AM
                              14 responses
                              81 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Cow Poke  
                              Started by Cow Poke, 11-27-2021, 03:48 PM
                              5 responses
                              58 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Gondwanaland, 11-27-2021, 01:59 PM
                              7 responses
                              65 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post tabibito  
                              Working...
                              X