Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

People who haven't experienced <X> can't force their opinions on others WRT to <X>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

When you get pregnant come back on that one!
    According to the left men can get pregnant. Look how the terminology has been changing to accommodate biological men who feel girly and think they might be pregnant.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    So men have no right to decide that killing a living human is unacceptable. Of course, wives and mothers have been inciting their husbands and sons to go to war for centuries, so I guess that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Abortion isn't the only topic she tried this tactic on:

[bolding mine]
    I offer you the same comment I made to Cow Poke when you get pregnant come on the matter.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I do not accept that women have the right to prevent children [by legislation or physical force] from having a safe birth just because these women do not agree with the principle of life.
    When you get pregnant come back on that one!

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

And, so I ask. Does this people who are not <x> forcing their opinion about <x> a general stance, or is it a special carve out just for abortion for you?

Should non-business owners set minimum wages if they do not, or have not ever owned a business?
    Should non-Gun owners set laws that affect people's rights to own guns?
    I have answered your question as it applies to the specific instance of abortion. I will leave you to play.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Thanks for clarifying. I appreciate it.

A long time ago at work, I took a training class and it talked about the difference between having authority and having power. One of the things I learned was you can have authority and no power and even if you don't have an authority position, you can still have power within your organization. I experience this in my current job where on the organization chart I have little authority but I exercise more power than you would think.

In other words, I'm agreeing with Cow Poke's post about how men may have the authority in the church but women can still rule the church.
    Kinda like the royals in Britain. Lots of authority. Very little power.

Leave a comment:

• Thoughtful Monk
    replied

Re the churches, my apologies for not being more clear, I intended with regard to positions of authority within those various churches.
    Thanks for clarifying. I appreciate it.

A long time ago at work, I took a training class and it talked about the difference between having authority and having power. One of the things I learned was you can have authority and no power and even if you don't have an authority position, you can still have power within your organization. I experience this in my current job where on the organization chart I have little authority but I exercise more power than you would think.

In other words, I'm agreeing with Cow Poke's post about how men may have the authority in the church but women can still rule the church.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

And, so I ask. Does this people who are not <x> forcing their opinion about <x> a general stance, or is it a special carve out just for abortion for you?

Should non-business owners set minimum wages if they do not, or have not ever owned a business?
    Should those who don't pay a dime in income tax have a say in raising income tax?

Now there's a carve out that I would like to see.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied

I do not accept that men have the right to prevent women[by legislation or physical force] from having safe medical abortions just because men do not agree with the principle of abortion.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Safe for who? Certainly not the unborn children who are being mercilessly slaughtered. If women refuse to take action to protect innocent human lives, then it's up to the men to do something about it.

Leave a comment:

• Sparko
    replied
    Abortion isn't the only topic she tried this tactic on:

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria
    Originally posted by Cow Poke

OK, serious question. Do you not know how to use the actual quote function? Because that's simply a link to the whole thread, not to anything I said.

I'll be happy to comment on anything I actually said, but I can't comment on the entire thread.
    And I have quoted your comments from that thread. They appear within the first four pages.

Now, kindly cease procrastinating and answer my question, when was the last time you were dragged out of a building by a mob, tasered and beaten, while hearing members of that mob shouting "Kill him with his own gun"?

If you have never had such an experience you are in no position to deride and belittle someone who has.
    [bolding mine]

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

I do not accept that men have the right to prevent women[by legislation or physical force] from having safe medical abortions just because men do not agree with the principle of abortion.
    I do not accept that women have the right to prevent children [by legislation or physical force] from having a safe birth just because these women do not agree with the principle of life.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

Given that she's a foreigner talking about US politics, it seems to be a very odd position to take.

And Hypatia_Alexandria never actually answered the question put to her either.
    The attempt to curb a woman's right to a legal and safe abortion is not confined to the USA. Look at Poland and its legislation on abortion.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied

So, are you saying it's a special carve-out?

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

I don't know about legislatures but I've read the typical US churches is sixty percent women and 40 percent men. While I am sure there are male dominated churches, It seems to me that with that split, most churches are female dominated - probably even if they don't hold a church office.
    And a lot of churches that are "male dominated" are really run by those men's wives --- the man may be the head of the home, but the woman is the neck that turns the head.

Leave a comment: