Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

People who haven't experienced <X> can't force their opinions on others WRT to <X>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Then perhaps you should refrain from making ridiculous comments such as "This was the era that women loved a man in uniform."
    You really need to learn the art of critical thinking - that a "general statement" is not "ridiculous" simply because there may be some exceptions. That's pretty much "wooden literal" thinking.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You really need to learn the art of critical thinking - that a "general statement" is not "ridiculous" simply because there may be some exceptions. That's pretty much "wooden literal" thinking.
      The following is an over-generalised statement with no supporting evidence.

"This was the era that women loved a man in uniform."

"It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        You keep getting more stupid with each and every passing day.

Read the following slowly so that it sinks in and we can avoid this:

It can still be an era that women loved a man in uniform even if there were a few women who didn't.

Go back and re-read it because it probably hasn't permeated your skull yet.

The latter are referred to as an exception to the rule.

Now please refrain from acting (?) like such a ninny.
        This is what you wrote:

"This was the era that women loved a man in uniform."

I note you have now tried to qualify that original over-generalised and unsupported remark.

"It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Remember? rogue06 this is H_A we are talking about the peabrain in her little skull has extreme trouble understanding any sort of generalized statement, where there might possibly be even a single extant exception, and making it compute inside her gray matter. Sad condition, but it's been displayed again and again.
          Oh I understand them and I recognise them for what they are. Over-generalisations that are unsupported.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Oh I understand them and I recognise them for what they are. Over-generalisations that are unsupported.
            "I understand them! Let me now proceed to describe how I do not understand them."

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

"I understand them! Let me now proceed to describe how I do not understand them."
              I merely point out the foolish tendency among some to make over-generalised and unsupported statements.

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I merely point out the foolish tendency among some to make over-generalised and unsupported statements.

Says the person that literally made a thread with an over-generalized and unsupported statement in the title.

Comment

picardfacepalmthumb.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You need to stay on the topic of this thread (the question you still haven't answered) or you can stop posting in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                      What some men do not have the right to do is try and force their anti-abortion opinions on to women.
                      As far as I am concerned, all women are fully entitled to their opinions on abortions, I'll not force any to adopt mine.

But when what I consider is homicide is concerned, I will seek the law's protection for the intended victims.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Hayward View Post

As far as I am concerned, all women are fully entitled to their opinions on abortions, I'll not force any to adopt mine.

But when what I consider is homicide is concerned, I will seek the law's protection for the intended victims.
                        Keep in mind that the hypocrite has no problem with men forcing their opinion on not just women but everyone if it is an opinion that she happens to concur with. For instance, she has never applied this view to Roe v. Wade which was decided by 9 men.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I'm not familiar with Tassman, but I must assume he is a Leftist.
                          It is hard to envisage any group wanting to own him. Tassman is a party of one.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

It is hard to envisage any group wanting to own him. Tassman is a party of one.
                            Yeah, he's different.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, he's different.
                              A few years ago there was a running gag about getting an Amen from Tass and feeling the need to shower as a result.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                A few years ago there was a running gag about getting an Amen from Tass and feeling the need to shower as a result.
                                He's one of the few people I can see getting into a debate with himself and losing.

Comment