Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

People who haven't experienced <X> can't force their opinions on others WRT to <X>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

If you cannot comprehend my answer re abortion [which incidentally was the topic that prompted you to start this thread], then that is your problem. I am not going down your rabbit hole.
    I understood your answer with regard to abortion. You just didn't answer my question of whether the logic that underlies your position is general, or if it is just a special carve out just for your pet issue?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I understood your answer with regard to abortion. You just didn't answer my question of whether the logic that underlies your position is general, or if it is just a special carve out just for your pet issue?
      The idea that abortion is a women's issue rather than a societal issue kind of indicates that logic isn't a high priority.
      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
      Scripture before Tradition:
      but that won't prevent others from
      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Then you understood my answer.
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Then you understood my answer.
          You never answered. So, At this point I believe it's safe to conclude that it's merely a carve out for your pet issue.

Comment

As medical science currently stands no biological man is capable of becoming pregnant. To make a jocular reply he does not possess the correct "plumbing".
            Biology isn't politically correct amongst the loony left

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

The most hilarious thing about today's "woke" society, is that you're actually transphobic by makong the statement the you were quoted making. Because, according to current woke reality, a man can be pregnant and have a baby. So you'd be transphobic if you said that man cannot have a say on abortion and transphobic if you state that he is a woman and not a man.
              To her credit H_A has been consistent in her opposition to the trans adulation craze that preoccupies so much of the left these days.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Sometimes I think you compete with firstfloor for saying stupid things.

I'd bet I have FAR more experience working with pregnant women that you do, as part of our Pregnancy Center.
                And I don't have to BE pregnant to see what goes on.
                I wonder how many obstetricians and gynecologists are unqualified according to H_A's criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

The idea that abortion is a women's issue rather than a societal issue kind of indicates that logic isn't a high priority.
                  It is a woman's right to choose what she does with her body. In that regard it is a woman's issue.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  The things that you're liable
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life
                  Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post

I'll let tab explain what he meant but Greek mothers are said to have told their sons headed off to war to return either carrying their shield or carried on their shield (dead) or not all (shields are heavy and someone retreating or running from battle tend to drop it). Of course, on the other side there's the play Lysistrata. While fictional if there wasn't opposition to war from women it would make no sense.

Comment

When you become pregnant then you can decide on whether or not you wish to terminate your pregnancy.
                      No. Because the fetus is a separate human being, and not part of the mother's body, so she has no right to decide to kill her offspring. And the fetus didn't magically appear in her uterus, there was a male involved somewhere.

You still keep dragging out this nonsense saying that someone has to experience or participate in a situation in order to comment on it. That pretty much excludes your commentary on 90% of the threads on Theologyweb.

Comment

You will never be pregnant. Fact. Yes you can offer your opinions on the topic of abortion, and I have always acknowledged that it is a complex ethical issue.

However, you [collective] have no right to try and prevent another person from exercising free choice in that matter.
                        I will never murder someone, so by your reasoning I can never try to prevent another person from exercising their choice to murder someone else.

By the way at your age you will never become pregnant either, so you also cannot comment on abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

No. Because the fetus is a separate human being, and not part of the mother's body, so she has no right to decide to kill her offspring. And the fetus didn't magically appear in her uterus, there was a male involved somewhere.

You still keep dragging out this nonsense saying that someone has to experience or participate in a situation in order to comment on it. That pretty much excludes your commentary on 90% of the threads on Theologyweb.
                          In addition, on average in the US, males make up around 50 percent of these murdered babies. We have all the right in the world to speak up about it (as does the male whose child that is).

Comment

You will never be pregnant. Fact.
                            WOW, what an ASTOUNDING observation on your part!

Yes you can offer your opinions on the topic of abortion, and I have always acknowledged that it is a complex ethical issue.

However, you [collective] have no right to try and prevent another person from exercising free choice in that matter.
                            That's about a stupid a statement as you can ever make -- I have EVERY right to try to prevent another person from doing something I believe is wrong. Try and stop me.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It is a woman's right to choose what she does with her body. In that regard it is a woman's issue.
                              You can pretend that all you want, but you can't stop us from being involved.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Only in your mind, and the minds of other loony leftists.

And if men have no right saying anything about it, those MEN on the Supreme Court should have just shut up, yes?

Comment