Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

People who haven't experienced <X> can't force their opinions on others WRT to <X>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Thanks for clarifying. I appreciate it.

A long time ago at work, I took a training class and it talked about the difference between having authority and having power. One of the things I learned was you can have authority and no power and even if you don't have an authority position, you can still have power within your organization. I experience this in my current job where on the organization chart I have little authority but I exercise more power than you would think.

In other words, I'm agreeing with Cow Poke's post about how men may have the authority in the church but women can still rule the church.
    Kinda like the royals in Britain. Lots of authority. Very little power.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

And, so I ask. Does this people who are not <x> forcing their opinion about <x> a general stance, or is it a special carve out just for abortion for you?

Should non-business owners set minimum wages if they do not, or have not ever owned a business?
      Should non-Gun owners set laws that affect people's rights to own guns?
      I have answered your question as it applies to the specific instance of abortion. I will leave you to play.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I do not accept that women have the right to prevent children [by legislation or physical force] from having a safe birth just because these women do not agree with the principle of life.
        When you get pregnant come back on that one!
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Abortion isn't the only topic she tried this tactic on:

[bolding mine]
          I offer you the same comment I made to Cow Poke when you get pregnant come on the matter.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

So men have no right to decide that killing a living human is unacceptable. Of course, wives and mothers have been inciting their husbands and sons to go to war for centuries, so I guess that shouldn't come as a surprise.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

According to the left men can get pregnant. Look how the terminology has been changing to accommodate biological men who feel girly and think they might be pregnant.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                According to the left men can get pregnant. Look how the terminology has been changing to accommodate biological men who feel girly and think they might be pregnant.
                As medical science currently stands no biological man is capable of becoming pregnant. To make a jocular reply he does not possess the correct "plumbing".
                "It ain't necessarily so
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I have answered your question as it applies to the specific instance of abortion. I will leave you to play.
                  Then you didn't answer the question asked, not in the opening post, or in the thread title. Why do you refuse to answer that question?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Safe for who? Certainly not the unborn children who are being mercilessly slaughtered. If women refuse to take action to protect innocent human lives, then it's up to the men to do something about it.
                    Especially the father of the child, who currently, afaik, have no rights in the matter.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So what's your position on your thread title?
                      I think such a position is braindead and likely special pleading for whatever pet cause you don't want to hear criticism about. I don't need to experience rape or even know someone who has been raped for me to support "forcing my opinion" via legislation against rapists. I don't need to experience murderbor know someone who has been murdered to support "forcing my opinion" via legislation on murderers. Same with abortion.

The most hilarious thing about today's "woke" society, is that you're actually transphobic by makong the statement the you were quoted making. Because, according to current woke reality, a man can be pregnant and have a baby. So you'd be transphobic if you said that man cannot have a say on abortion and transphobic if you state that he is a woman and not a man.

Comment

As medical science currently stands no biological man is capable of becoming pregnant. To make a jocular reply he does not possess the correct "plumbing".
                        That's transphobic.

Comment

Sometimes I think you compete with firstfloor for saying stupid things.

I'd bet I have FAR more experience working with pregnant women that you do, as part of our Pregnancy Center.
                          And I don't have to BE pregnant to see what goes on.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I offer you the same comment I made to Cow Poke when you get pregnant come on the matter.
                            You really have a problem with basic logic. And you seem to think that just because you made a stupid comment, it somehow becomes less stupid when you've said it to somebody else.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When you are an infant (and not just acting like one) then you can comment on abortion.

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, Hypatia_Alexandria is not a man; therefore, according to her arguments, she has no business criticizing men. Q.E.D.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment