Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Forget riots, looter mobs are the new thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget riots, looter mobs are the new thing

Why bother with starting a riot to cover your looting? Now organized flash mobs are just doing hit and run looting across the country.

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nordstrom-bay-area-looting-mobs-third-straight-day/

Mobs of looters target Bay Area retailers for third straight day

November 22, 2021 / 7:08 AM / CBS News

Looters targeting Bay Area businesses struck again Sunday evening, with smash-and-grab thieves hitting a mall in Hayward, California and taking merchandise from a Lululemon store in San Jose, CBS San Francisco reports.

It was the third day in a row that large mobs of robbers went after retailers in the region.

© Copyright Original Source

Yeah, and the excuse is "they have insurance".
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Early Black Friday shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Early Black Friday shopping BLM style.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why bother with starting a riot to cover your looting? Now organized flash mobs are just doing hit and run looting across the country.

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nordstrom-bay-area-looting-mobs-third-straight-day/

Mobs of looters target Bay Area retailers for third straight day

November 22, 2021 / 7:08 AM / CBS News

Looters targeting Bay Area businesses struck again Sunday evening, with smash-and-grab thieves hitting a mall in Hayward, California and taking merchandise from a Lululemon store in San Jose, CBS San Francisco reports.

It was the third day in a row that large mobs of robbers went after retailers in the region.

© Copyright Original Source

Flash mob robberies are nothing new.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

When the stores the rich politicians shop at are closing because of this, maybe the left elites will wake up.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              When the stores the rich politicians shop at are closing because of this, maybe the left elites will wake up.

Only when Nancy's favorite liquor store gets hit.

Comment

Did anyone bother to tell the news site that this is only the expected outcome from the "reporting" they have engaged in for the past ten years?
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Flash mob robberies are nothing new.
                  I was going to say. It's been happening for years in conjunction with peaceful protests. Black business owners have even resorted to signs on store windows identifying black owned business in the hopes that they will be spared, but to no avail.
                  Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-22-2021, 11:15 AM.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I was going to say. It's been happening for years in conjunction with peaceful protests. Black business owners have even resorted to signs on store windows identifying black owned business in the hopes that they will be spared, but to no avail.
                    but now they are not even bothering to use a protest as cover. They are just doing it in broad daylight. Part of this is because of the liberals decision not to prosecute what they call 'petty' crimes

Comment

but now they are not even bothering to use a protest as cover. They are just doing it in broad daylight. Part of this is because of the liberals decision not to prosecute what they call 'petty' crimes
                      MSM pushes the agenda, authorities soft pedal to appease the MSM, criminal element gets emboldened by the soft pedalling, MSM proclaims the crimes justifiable and pushes the agenda.

Protesters here usually get dispersed or arrested the moment they start throwing things. Innocent people don't get hurt.
                      1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                      Scripture before Tradition:
                      but that won't prevent others from
                      taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                      of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Even without the cover of protests you'll get a mob rush into a store, go to predetermined spots and all do smash and grabs and the like of targeted merchandise and run out usually all in about 15 seconds or less if its a small store.

Comment

Ah, that, yes. It's been a growing problem in San Francisco since 2014 after an ordinance was passed to downgrade any theft of less than $1000 to a misdemeanor in order to allow poor people to "shop" for essentials without the inconvenience of a felony conviction. As usual, everybody but the idiot politicians could predict the consequences. Organized crime has been having a field day, and businesses have been leaving in droves.

https://www.stupid.news/2021-09-13-s...plifting.html#
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

What seems new is how often they struck in a short time. Otherwise, this isn't a new phenomena. The term "flash rob" -- a play on "flash mob" is roughly ten years old. For instance from 2011: Teenage Flash Mob Robberies on the Rise

The same technologies that for years have brought together the mostly benign and goofy "flash mobs," in which groups suddenly break into dance at a mall or stumble around like zombies at train stations, is being used to plan and execute bold robberies.

Called “flash robs,” these crimes are being organized by young teenagers through various social media outlets, most notably Twitter. Police say the suspects select a time and place and enter the store in droves taking what they want and leaving before security or police can catch them.

Some of the most brazen robberies take place in the light of day and on busy streets despite all the security cameras and the watchful eyes of workers.

Jewelry stores, those with expensive electronics, and high end apparel stores seem to be the main targets.

Comment

This story hit very close to home for me folks I was born raised in that area and my husbands Mother and brother still live in the city were it happened.
                              Last edited by RumTumTugger; 11-22-2021, 03:39 PM.

Comment