Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Forget riots, looter mobs are the new thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW this happened 4 blocks from the police station and it wasn't around the corner either it was down road on main street.

Comment

YOU CAN'T CALL THEM LOOTERS!

'Experts' blasted for cautioning against use of term 'looting' to describe large-scale California thefts

'People don't need help understanding looting'

Critics reacted strongly to claims by "experts" Monday that use of the term "looting" to describe recent large-scale thefts from retail stores in California could be associated with people of color and therefore shouldn't be used.

According to the local ABC affiliate for the Bay Area, the California Penal Code didn't allow for the use of the term "looting" to describe the thefts involving large groups of people because, it claimed, the definition didn't match the act as defined by law. It also cited two individuals it referred to as "experts," who described the term as being reminiscent of Black people and people of color being associated with the act of looting.
      https://www.foxnews.com/media/expert...ifornia-thefts

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

'Experts' blasted for cautioning against use of term 'looting' to describe large-scale California thefts

I agree with the experts in their criticism of the term "looting" and no more - the correct term is "pillaging." However, I have never heard the term "looting" used with any sort of racist connotation.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

However, I have never heard the term "looting" used with any sort of racist connotation.
          Maybe because 90% of the people we see looting are black?

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Critics reacted strongly to claims by "experts" Monday that use of the term "looting" to describe recent large-scale thefts from retail stores in California could be associated with people of color and therefore shouldn't be used.

According to the local ABC affiliate for the Bay Area, the California Penal Code didn't allow for the use of the term "looting" to describe the thefts involving large groups of people because, it claimed, the definition didn't match the act as defined by law. It also cited two individuals it referred to as "experts," who described the term as being reminiscent of Black people and people of color being associated with the act of looting.
            Curiously, the looters in question were almost exclusively black.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Maybe because 90% of the people we see looting are black?
              Errrm - no. Even the linked article has the experts admitting that blacks are not the only ones associated with looting. That demolishes their own argument.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

So leftists are the ones who associate looting with blacks and then assume that everyone does so as well causing their virtue signal reflex to kick into overdrive.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I agree with the experts in their criticism of the term "looting" and no more - the correct term is "pillaging." However, I have never heard the term "looting" used with any sort of racist connotation.
                  Pillaging, long associated with Nordic people who went a viking, is obviously racist against Scandinavian people

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Pillaging, long associated with Nordic people who went a viking, is obviously racist against Scandinavian people
                    How much did the pirate pay you to make that comment?
                    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

How much did the pirate pay you to make that comment?
                      [*surreptitiously slips the last pallet full of bacon behind me and assumes a look of innocence*] Who me? [*asked moments after wiping bacon crumbs from my face*] I have no idea what you mean

Comment

Once again the left exposes their own prejudices with that reasoning. They are the ones associating looting with black people and therefore are offended by the word.

Perhaps we should use "pillage" or "plunder" instead? As Tweb's resident pirate I give them permission to use those words.

No, wait. The politically correct term should be "undocumented shopping"

minneapolis-riot-memes-stop-calling-them-looters-they-are-undocumented-shoppers.jpg
                        Last edited by Sparko; 11-24-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Retired Oakland police officer murdered while protecting news crew documenting smash-and-grab retail looters

Kevin Nishita, a father of two and grandfather of three, was shot and killed while protecting a TV crew covering the surge of smash-and-grab crimes in the Bay Area.

Nishita, a security guard on assignment to guard a KRON4 news team in Oakland, was shot and killed when a robber targeted the TV crew to rob them of their cameras.
                          Nishita, a retired Asian American police officer, confronted one of a dozen masked looters to protect the news crew, and one of the thugs shot him in the abdomen. He died after being transported to hospital in critical condition.
                          The Dail Mail reported KRON4’s parent company Nexstar Media, Nishita’s employer Star Protection Agency, and the Oakland Police Department have issued a $32,500 reward for information on his killers.
                          “The news team from KRON4 had been reporting on Wednesday on a robbery which had involved 12 armed thugs wearing masks and hoods targeting a Prime 356 clothing store in Oakland,” the Daily Mail reported.
                          “Police officers also later found an additional victim - a Berkley man who had been hit by shrapnel - who was also transported to hospital. He is in a stable condition,” the report continued.
                          “We are devastated by the loss of security guard and our friend, Kevin Nishita,” KRON4's Vice President Jim Rose said in a statement. “This senseless loss of life is due to yet another violent criminal act in the Bay Area.”
                          'We mourn the loss of retired police officer Kevin Nishita who honorably served our Bay Area Community,' said the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office on Twitter. 'He was protecting/guarding a local news crew when he was senselessly murdered.'
                          Nishita’s death comes amid a surge in organized smash-and-grab flash mobs in the Bay Area, Chicago, Minneapolis, and elsewhere across the country, which have been emboldened by the so-called “defund the police” movement, whose calls for police abolition has led to a change in policing policies in dealing with retail theft.

Advocates of the “defund the police” movement claim that arresting and charging criminals for retail theft is a form of “systemic racism” that disproportionately affects blacks.

https://thepostmillennial.com/retire...d-grab-looters

Comment

Thieves in Los Angeles are also targeting trains, waiting until they slow to a crawl to navigate the busy LA rail system, breaking into containers, and then tossing out as many packages as they can to sort through at their leisure. Stretches of railway in the area are littered with thousands of packages.

d9a4f092-332d-474f-a8c0-fedac9cbe85d.jpg

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spence...-dems-n2601941
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Thieves in Los Angeles are also targeting trains, waiting until they slow to a crawl to navigate the busy LA rail system, breaking into containers, and then tossing out as many packages as they can to sort through at their leisure. Stretches of railway in the area are littered with thousands of packages.

d9a4f092-332d-474f-a8c0-fedac9cbe85d.jpg

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spence...-dems-n2601941

This guy did a good job documenting it...

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

This guy did a good job documenting it...

It's like a bad novel documenting the moral decay of a post-Christian America.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment