Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

An ACTUAL case of Double Standards regarding Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An ACTUAL case of Double Standards regarding Police

Yes, this results from a "call out" thread in the loony bin, but there's a lesson to be learned...

The left has an actual documentable double standard when it comes to "law and order", and their treatment of police officers.

In the case of the January 6 Capitol riots, the police are "heroes" because they battled conservatives.
    (Many, no doubt, actually did GREAT police work and should be commended accordingly, and I strongly condemn the rioting that put any of them in danger, physical or otherwise)

But the left's handling of the Capitol Riots does point out how dramatically "pro-police" they had suddenly become because the cops were opposing CONSERVATIVES rather than BLM and antifa rioters, looters and arsonists.
    I wasn't aware, until responding in the other thread, that one of the FOUR police officers who testified before the "select committee" was actually a big strong police officer who was crying over being called names.
    The more egregious case involved the supposedly highly trained and experienced police lieutenant who was cited by the liberals as a hero because he killed an unarmed woman who wasn't even in the same room with him.

HOWEVER, when the police stood up to the BLM and Antifa rioters, looters and arsonists, the left attacked the police as "jackbooted thugs".
    Or, our Border Police were "whipping people" with horse reins, and were "corralling" those poor immigrants like cattle --- horrible people!!!...

When police are fighting actual crime or trying to suppress riots, arson and looting - they're "jeered and derided" - but when they stand up to conservative rioters, they're "heroes".

Now THERE is an ACTUAL case of a glaring double standard!

I support the police - but not the ones who break the law.
    I support protesters - but not the ones who break the law.
    It really is that simple.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

First responders were heroes after 9/11 until the left decided they were a bunch of bums.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      First responders were heroes after 9/11 until the left decided they were a bunch of bums.
      EGGcellent point. But wasn't it before that when Hillary's crowd was spitting on officers at her rally? (my timeline may be off)

ETA -- yeah, i think the spitting on the honor guard was 1999, and 9-11 was 2001.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

EGGcellent point. But wasn't it before that when Hillary's crowd was spitting on officers at her rally? (my timeline may be off)

ETA -- yeah, i think the spitting on the honor guard was 1999, and 9-11 was 2001.
        Yup. They were booing them at one of her rallies until they were told that these were the "good cops" (all union big wigs IIRC).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Yup. They were booing them at one of her rallies until they were told that these were the "good cops" (all union big wigs IIRC).
          So, this sudden and temporary amazing "love and respect for the Police" was simply part of the "get Trump" obsession. The left had been on a long trajectory of "hate cops".

Comment