Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Racism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mossrose
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Women take time off work because they experience hot flashes? What a joke! What a bunch of babies!
    I just cannot get over HA's idiotic comment about women taking time off work for hot flashes.

Because, firstly, you cannot predict when a hot flash will occur. So, do you ask for a whole, sometimes, decade off work? Because I had hot flashes for just about that long.

And, do women take time off every month when they have their period? Maybe a day during if they have real issues with pain or heavy flow, but to book off 4-7 days every month due to menses would be just as stupid as taking time off for hot flashes.

I begin to think that HA is not really a woman, but a man living in his mom's garage who wants a boyfriend really badly. And no man wants him, so he hates men. And pretends he knows what it’s like to be a real woman.

Leave a comment:

• tabibito
    replied
    Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Ask Japan
    Yes. Much as I like Japan, the people, and the culture - the racist element is often readily apparent.

Originally posted by Rogue06
    I have a good deal of contacts in our Asian community and have been shocked more than once just how much hatred there is for each other between Japanese, Chinese and Koreans.
    Oddly - more evident between the groups when both are not in their homelands. It is cause for more than a little head-scratching.
    Last edited by tabibito; 11-23-2021, 09:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Ask Japan
    Indeed. I have a good deal of contacts in our Asian community and have been shocked more than once just how much hatred there is for each other between Japanese, Chinese and Koreans.

And then there was the Olympics in Beijing a few years ago where the police placed all African exchange students and residents in lockdown during it because "everyone knows" they're all thieves and crooks and the government didn't want them spoiling the show.

Leave a comment:

• CivilDiscourse
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I really REALLY wish you would.
    Is it sorry when I read the OP, i smelled a trap thread, and decided to be careful about how I answer?

Leave a comment:

• Maranatha
    replied
    Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Are non-white people incapable of demonstrating racist behaviour or racism?

Discuss!
    Ask Japan

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    ...And let's be honest ...
    I really REALLY wish you would.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied

Men are free to express their views on women's issues just as women are free to express theirs on men's issues. Although I have never heard of men holding placards on a protest line demanding free sanitary protection in the work place for women experiencing dysmenorrhea. Or protesting for the rights of women to have time out from the work place for hot flushes during their menopause. You are free to correct me of course.

What some men do not have the right to do is try and force their anti-abortion opinions on to women. [And let's be honest CP that is the one issue that gets so many men riled up].
    Women take time off work because they experience hot flashes? What a joke! What a bunch of babies!

Do the men in your life force anti-abortion opinions on you? Of, I forgot. You live with a woman.

Look, you are absolutely demented and the most ridiculous person on this site. You and firstfloor should get together. Oh, wait, I forgot, you are into misandry.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    ...Or protesting for the rights of women to have time out from the work place for hot flushes during their menopause.
    The correct term is "hot flashes".
    And my wife preferred the term "power surges".

You are free to correct me of course.
    And we do, frequently. (I just did above )

What some men do not have the right to do is try and force their anti-abortion opinions on to women. [And let's be honest CP that is the one issue that gets so many men riled up].
    I wish you would ALWAYS be honest, H_A, but abortion is NOT the "one issue" that gets men - or ME - "riled up". That's just a really silly notion.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

Very funny and plenty of black audience members were laughing. I would have liked to see the rest of the section.

The public deference and private contempt has, of course, a long history based on the risk of being killed if due deference was not shown. The scene in Endicott's orchid house from Jewson's 1967 In The Heat of the Night remains a classic example of that attitude.
    I recently binge-watched In the Heat of the Night -- I was impressed with how many troubling social issues they dealt with in nearly every episode, and how well they handled them.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    I never realised how embarrassed you must be over the fact that you have never experienced being beaten by a mob or heard some of them threatening to kill you.
    A) It would really not surprise me if that was your takeaway, and
    2) I actually HAVE been threatened with death. Even had somebody shoot into my apartment, the bullets hitting my bed, but I was in the shower.

I was on a multi-jurisdictional drug enforcement task force, and was frequently threatened with death. The main reason I got out of "front line" law enforcement was when I got married and we had our first child. I didn't want her to grow up without a daddy.

As for your question to me concerning my law and order experience that is simply your employment of "whataboutism".
    No ma'am - that's your own double standard staring you in the face.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied

Men are free to express their views on women's issues just as women are free to express theirs on men's issues. Although I have never heard of men holding placards on a protest line demanding free sanitary protection in the work place for women experiencing dysmenorrhea. Or protesting for the rights of women to have time out from the work place for hot flushes during their menopause. You are free to correct me of course.
    Can you direct us to where such protests have ever taken place? Pictures of women holding placards demanding these things would be nice as well.

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    You would need to cite these many in order for your comment to be considered .

Are there some irrational and somewhat fanatical people on both the political Left and the Right? Yes. What about it?
    No I don't. You are just grasping at excuses like you always do.

I admit it is a guilty pleasure of mine to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied
    What some men do not have the right to do is try and force their anti-abortion opinions on to women.
    That assumes it is only a male/female issue, and not a life/death issue.

Leave a comment:

• Hypatia_Alexandria
    replied
    Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

21 years ago, in his "Bigger and Blacker" stand-up special, Chris Rock opined that the most racist people are "old black men."

Clip here. EXTREME profanity warning!!!
    Very funny and plenty of black audience members were laughing. I would have liked to see the rest of the section.

The public deference and private contempt has, of course, a long history based on the risk of being killed if due deference was not shown. The scene in Endicott's orchid house from Jewson's 1967 In The Heat of the Night remains a classic example of that attitude.

Leave a comment:

• NorrinRadd
    replied
    Are non-white people incapable of demonstrating racist behaviour or racism?

Discuss!
    21 years ago, in his "Bigger and Blacker" stand-up special, Chris Rock opined that the most racist people are "old black men."

Clip here. EXTREME profanity warning!!!

Leave a comment: