Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Racism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Men are free to express their views on women's issues just as women are free to express theirs on men's issues. Although I have never heard of men holding placards on a protest line demanding free sanitary protection in the work place for women experiencing dysmenorrhea. Or protesting for the rights of women to have time out from the work place for hot flushes during their menopause. You are free to correct me of course.

What some men do not have the right to do is try and force their anti-abortion opinions on to women. [And let's be honest CP that is the one issue that gets so many men riled up].
    So, is it your opinion that people who haven't experienced <X> can't force their opinions on others WRT to <X>, or is abortion a special carve out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

So, is it your opinion that people who haven't experienced <X> can't force their opinions on others WRT to <X>, or is abortion a special carve out for you?
      Abortion is a complex ethical issue nor is it or "women's issues" the topic of this thread. Cow Poke made an aside to which I replied. I see no reason to continue on that topic.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

It is complicated, but I mostly blame you:
        That sounds interesting. She seems to be covering similar ground to that dealt with by Robert P Jones in his White Too Long which looks at the legacy of white supremacy in American Christianity
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Abortion is a complex ethical issue nor is it or "women's issues" the topic of this thread. Cow Poke made an aside to which I replied. I see no reason to continue on that topic.
          I started a thread just to continue that discussion. After all, you stated that opinion, so I figure it's fair game to explore it.

Comment

Are non-white people incapable of demonstrating racist behaviour or racism?

Discuss!
            21 years ago, in his "Bigger and Blacker" stand-up special, Chris Rock opined that the most racist people are "old black men."

Clip here. EXTREME profanity warning!!!
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

21 years ago, in his "Bigger and Blacker" stand-up special, Chris Rock opined that the most racist people are "old black men."

Clip here. EXTREME profanity warning!!!
              Very funny and plenty of black audience members were laughing. I would have liked to see the rest of the section.

The public deference and private contempt has, of course, a long history based on the risk of being killed if due deference was not shown. The scene in Endicott's orchid house from Jewson's 1967 In The Heat of the Night remains a classic example of that attitude.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

What some men do not have the right to do is try and force their anti-abortion opinions on to women.
                That assumes it is only a male/female issue, and not a life/death issue.

Comment

You would need to cite these many in order for your comment to be considered .

Are there some irrational and somewhat fanatical people on both the political Left and the Right? Yes. What about it?
                  No I don't. You are just grasping at excuses like you always do.

I admit it is a guilty pleasure of mine to watch.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Men are free to express their views on women's issues just as women are free to express theirs on men's issues. Although I have never heard of men holding placards on a protest line demanding free sanitary protection in the work place for women experiencing dysmenorrhea. Or protesting for the rights of women to have time out from the work place for hot flushes during their menopause. You are free to correct me of course.
                    Can you direct us to where such protests have ever taken place? Pictures of women holding placards demanding these things would be nice as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I never realised how embarrassed you must be over the fact that you have never experienced being beaten by a mob or heard some of them threatening to kill you.
                      A) It would really not surprise me if that was your takeaway, and
                      2) I actually HAVE been threatened with death. Even had somebody shoot into my apartment, the bullets hitting my bed, but I was in the shower.

I was on a multi-jurisdictional drug enforcement task force, and was frequently threatened with death. The main reason I got out of "front line" law enforcement was when I got married and we had our first child. I didn't want her to grow up without a daddy.

As for your question to me concerning my law and order experience that is simply your employment of "whataboutism".
                      No ma'am - that's your own double standard staring you in the face.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Very funny and plenty of black audience members were laughing. I would have liked to see the rest of the section.

The public deference and private contempt has, of course, a long history based on the risk of being killed if due deference was not shown. The scene in Endicott's orchid house from Jewson's 1967 In The Heat of the Night remains a classic example of that attitude.
                        I recently binge-watched In the Heat of the Night -- I was impressed with how many troubling social issues they dealt with in nearly every episode, and how well they handled them.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...Or protesting for the rights of women to have time out from the work place for hot flushes during their menopause.
                          The correct term is "hot flashes".
                          And my wife preferred the term "power surges".

You are free to correct me of course.
                          And we do, frequently. (I just did above )

What some men do not have the right to do is try and force their anti-abortion opinions on to women. [And let's be honest CP that is the one issue that gets so many men riled up].
                          I wish you would ALWAYS be honest, H_A, but abortion is NOT the "one issue" that gets men - or ME - "riled up". That's just a really silly notion.

Comment

Women take time off work because they experience hot flashes? What a joke! What a bunch of babies!

Do the men in your life force anti-abortion opinions on you? Of, I forgot. You live with a woman.

Look, you are absolutely demented and the most ridiculous person on this site. You and firstfloor should get together. Oh, wait, I forgot, you are into misandry.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

...And let's be honest ...
                              I really REALLY wish you would.

Comment

Are non-white people incapable of demonstrating racist behaviour or racism?

Discuss!
                                Ask Japan

Comment