Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Racism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think one of the biggest problems with racism in our country is the liberal white elite who don't even know (or care) that they're implying that blacks are inferior because blacks can't succeed without the help of whitey.
    Such as Starlight in another thread who suggested that the reason COVID cases are so low in Africa is because African people live in drafty, primitive structures and not in modern, climate controlled buildings like in the West, which is of course, false. There are, in fact, numerous modern cities in Africa that are indistinguishable from their Western counterparts. But this is an example of real racism -- the belief that another race or culture is inherently inferior to your own -- and not the fake racism that often gets trotted out by liberals where white equals racist regardless of whether or not the person in question has actually exhibited any racist behavior or beliefs. Incidentally, Starlight seemed amused when called out for his blatant racism.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
      Are non-white people incapable of demonstrating racist behaviour or racism?

Discuss!
      No. They are not incapable.

/thread
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

According to many on the left only whites can be racist. Care to disagree?
        Did you not read my reply to Mountain Man ?
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

You already know the answer.
          Well I possible do, but but it struck me as odd that [if I understood correctly] a suggestion could be made that non-white people are less likely/unlikely to be susceptible to racism.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Denigrate, vilify, regard as inferior (etc) a person or people on the basis of their race = racist. And no - the race of the person does not have any bearing on the likelihood of their being racist. Some are, however, given greater encouragement and are even incited to be racist.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Did you not read my reply to Mountain Man ?
              How you interpreted what he wrote without expressing an opinion on it. Yes.

Now, back to my response:

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The left loves to use race as an issue, so they (very often old white liberal elites) pretend that only black people (or persons of color) can speak on race.
                Unless, of course, a black person (or person of color) disagrees with the left on race, then they are an "uncle tom", or otherwise attacked for their race.

It's complicated.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The left loves to use race as an issue, so they (very often old white liberal elites) pretend that only black people (or persons of color) can speak on race.
                  Unless, of course, a black person (or person of color) disagrees with the left on race, then they are an "uncle tom", or otherwise attacked for their race.

It's complicated.
                  It is complicated, but I mostly blame you:

In The Sin of White Supremacy: Christianity, Racism and Religious Diversity in America (Orbis, 2017), Jeannine Hill Fletcher, Ph.D., professor of theology, examines theology’s culpability in perpetuating ideas that elevate both Christianity and whiteness over all else.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                    It is complicated, but I mostly blame you:
                    You used to, at least on rare occasions, show a little bit of talent or wit.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's complicated.
                      Well, that explains HA's silliness about how no man (who actually identifies as a man) is allowed to express any views at all on women's issues.

Or, her silliness about how if you haven't faced a rapid mob with cameras parading violently through stanchions at the Capital you can't comment on a poor baby so-called Capital police officer who weeps because he was called a no-no name.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Well, that explains HA's silliness about how no man (who actually identifies as a man) is allowed to express any views at all on women's issues.

Or, her silliness about how if you haven't faced a rapid mob with cameras parading violently through stanchions at the Capital you can't comment on a poor baby so-called Capital police officer who weeps because he was called a no-no name.
                        As she was grilling me on my own law enforcement experiences, as to whether or not I was qualified to have an opinion on the "crying cops" - I thought, "well, what experience do YOU have in law enforcement...."

Yeah, she can be rather amusing.

Comment

As she was grilling me on my own law enforcement experiences, as to whether or not I was qualified to have an opinion on the "crying cops" - I thought, "well, what experience do YOU have in law enforcement...."

To say the least.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Now, back to my response:

You would need to cite these many in order for your comment to be considered .

Are there some irrational and somewhat fanatical people on both the political Left and the Right? Yes. What about it?

"It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I never realised how embarrassed you must be over the fact that you have never experienced being beaten by a mob or heard some of them threatening to kill you.

As for your question to me concerning my law and order experience that is simply your employment of "whataboutism".
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Men are free to express their views on women's issues just as women are free to express theirs on men's issues. Although I have never heard of men holding placards on a protest line demanding free sanitary protection in the work place for women experiencing dysmenorrhea. Or protesting for the rights of women to have time out from the work place for hot flushes during their menopause. You are free to correct me of course.

What some men do not have the right to do is try and force their anti-abortion opinions on to women. [And let's be honest CP that is the one issue that gets so many men riled up].
                                Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 11-23-2021, 04:43 AM.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment