Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Racism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

That assumes it is only a male/female issue, and not a life/death issue.
    Hence my remark to @Civil Discourse that abortion is a complex ethical subject and this is not strictly the thread in which to discuss it.
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

By time out I was referring to half an hour or so to cool down or dry out - some women end up dripping with sweat.
      Then perhaps you should have made yourself clearer.

You are, I suppose also a woman of mature years, so you will have some idea of what it is like unless you opted for HRT.
      I am. Just ask anybody here. I do. I did not.

You might also know of women who have really serious dysmenorrhea.
      I do not.

However, I do not see campaigners outside pharmacists calling for for free sanitary protection for women.
      I do not see women campaigning outside pharmacies calling for free sanitary protection, let alone men. Perhaps that is a European thing.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
        BTW - whether it is "hot flushes" or "hot flashes" is a matter of geography.
        So, it may be a hourse of a different colour?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It seems to be the sole topic with regard to women's issues.
          Abortion is not a "women's issue" since it doesn't affect women exclusively. It also affects fathers and unborn children.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It seems to be the sole topic with regard to women's issues.
            Ah, so you decided to dial back your terribly overgeneralized claim?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You wrote "According to many on the left only whites can be racist."

Firstly you need to define "many" as you have used it, and also provide some evidence in support of that allegation.
              I'm not going to comment on the content of the paper itself. The link downloads a PDF

https://epress.lib.uts.edu.au/journa...view/1075/1605

Last edited by tabibito; 11-23-2021, 11:43 AM.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Hence my remark to @Civil Discourse that abortion is a complex ethical subject and this is not strictly the thread in which to discuss it.
                I wouldn't have introduced the subject, but I assumed that was what you were referring to.

Comment

I know of no such campaigns. Hence my remark "You are free to correct me of course."
                  Well, consider your harebrained examples corrected then.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Firstly you need to define "many" as you have used it, and also provide some evidence in support of that allegation.
                    You need to explain what you mean by "need" and provide a definition for "provide" as you're using it before I can comply.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, it may be a hourse of a different colour?
                      Like you cood see the difference

Comment

I'm not going to comment on the content of the paper itself. The link downloads a PDF

https://epress.lib.uts.edu.au/journa...view/1075/1605
                        Seriously? That's more than a little outdated having been made obsolete by this research (also pdf)

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Seriously? That's more than a little outdated having been made obsolete by this research (also pdf)
                          I can find nothing to argue with in the report itself, but the failure to present the fourth citation in the approved format is a little disappointing.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I can find nothing to argue with in the report itself, but the failure to present the fourth citation in the approved format is a little disappointing.
                            Typical. Can't disagree with the content you decide to gripe about the format.

Personally, I wished they had expanded on the second point which the accompanying diagram seems to muddle rather than clarify.

Comment

For your perusal:
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice_plus_power
                              https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...ennedy-mitchum
                              https://www.thecrimson.com/column/be...can-be-racist/
                              https://simonesamuels.medium.com/no-...t-eb6fddd18603
                              https://www.wishtv.com/podcast-episo...true-part-one/

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Only time I heard of a hot flush was in a poker game.
                                You don't eat Mexican food?
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment