Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Racism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I really REALLY wish you would.
    Is it sorry when I read the OP, i smelled a trap thread, and decided to be careful about how I answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Ask Japan
      Indeed. I have a good deal of contacts in our Asian community and have been shocked more than once just how much hatred there is for each other between Japanese, Chinese and Koreans.

And then there was the Olympics in Beijing a few years ago where the police placed all African exchange students and residents in lockdown during it because "everyone knows" they're all thieves and crooks and the government didn't want them spoiling the show.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post

Ask Japan
        Yes. Much as I like Japan, the people, and the culture - the racist element is often readily apparent.

Originally posted by Rogue06
        I have a good deal of contacts in our Asian community and have been shocked more than once just how much hatred there is for each other between Japanese, Chinese and Koreans.
        Oddly - more evident between the groups when both are not in their homelands. It is cause for more than a little head-scratching.
        Last edited by tabibito; 11-23-2021, 09:45 AM.
        1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
        ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
        Scripture before Tradition:
        but that won't prevent others from
        taking it upon themselves to deprive you
        of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Women take time off work because they experience hot flashes? What a joke! What a bunch of babies!
          I just cannot get over HA's idiotic comment about women taking time off work for hot flashes.

Because, firstly, you cannot predict when a hot flash will occur. So, do you ask for a whole, sometimes, decade off work? Because I had hot flashes for just about that long.

And, do women take time off every month when they have their period? Maybe a day during if they have real issues with pain or heavy flow, but to book off 4-7 days every month due to menses would be just as stupid as taking time off for hot flashes.

I begin to think that HA is not really a woman, but a man living in his mom's garage who wants a boyfriend really badly. And no man wants him, so he hates men. And pretends he knows what it’s like to be a real woman.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

BTW - whether it is "hot flushes" or "hot flashes" is a matter of geography.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I just cannot get over HA's idiotic comment about women taking time off work for hot flashes.

Because, firstly, you cannot predict when a hot flash will occur. So, do you ask for a whole, sometimes, decade off work? Because I had hot flashes for just about that long.

And, do women take time off every month when they have their period? Maybe a day during if they have real issues with pain or heavy flow, but to book off 4-7 days every month due to menses would be just as stupid as taking time off for hot flashes.

I begin to think that HA is not really a woman, but a man living in his mom's garage who wants a boyfriend really badly. And no man wants him, so he hates men. And pretends he knows what it’s like to be a real woman.
              To clarify, I believe she wasn't talking about "time off" so much as "take a break," as her exact words were "time out from the work place." Though, I may be being more charitable than she deserves.

Comment

delete

Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 11-23-2021, 10:59 AM.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

but abortion is NOT the "one issue" that gets men - or ME - "riled up". That's just a really silly notion.
                  It seems to be the sole topic with regard to women's issues.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                    BTW - whether it is "hot flushes" or "hot flashes" is a matter of geography.
                    Only time I heard of a hot flush was in a poker game.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                      And when was your last menopausal hot flush where you have been left dripping with sweat Cow Poke, do tell us all.
                      read again.

Comment

By time out I was referring to half an hour or so to cool down or dry out - some women end up dripping with sweat.

You are, I suppose also a woman of mature years, so you will have some idea of what it is like unless you opted for HRT.

You might also know of women who have really serious dysmenorrhea.

However, I do not see campaigners outside pharmacists calling for for free sanitary protection for women.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

read again.
                          I know that is why I deleted it and made my reply to the correct individual! Well spotted. Have a cookie!
                          "It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Can you direct us to where such protests have ever taken place? Pictures of women holding placards demanding these things would be nice as well.

I know of no such campaigns. Hence my remark "You are free to correct me of course."
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Only time I heard of a hot flush was in a poker game.
                              First time I've encountered it as "flashes" was here, today.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

No I don't. You are just grasping at excuses like you always do.

I admit it is a guilty pleasure of mine to watch.
                                You wrote "According to many on the left only whites can be racist."

Firstly you need to define "many" as you have used it, and also provide some evidence in support of that allegation.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment