Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break out the cry closets!
    Source: https://thefederalist.com/2021/11/24/colleges-offer-safe-spaces-counseling-after-rittenhouse-acquittal/

Colleges Offer Safe Spaces, Counseling After Rittenhouse Acquittal

November 24, 2021 By Spencer Lindquist

A wide array of colleges have condemned the acquittal of Kyle Rittenhouse and advertised safe spaces and counseling services in response to the “not guilty” verdict, according to emails posted to Twitter.
    Numerous academic institutions contacted their students regarding the verdict via mass emails, including Vanderbilt, UC Irvine, Stanford Medicine, Columbia Business School, Ohio University, San Francisco State University, and several others.

Other schools, including New York University, Pepperdine University, and Loyola Marymount University also released their own statements following the verdict.
    The Office of the President at Rosemont College sent out an email that called the verdict another example of the “systemic racism that divides our society,” while an email from UC Irvine claimed the verdict sent the message that “Neither Black lives nor those of their allies’ matter.”
    An email reportedly from Fitchburg State University’s Center for Diversity and Inclusiveness advertised spaces and times to discuss the verdict and separated white and black students into different spaces. The email also made multiple false statements, claiming Kyle Rittenhouse had an automatic rifle and that Jacob Blake had been killed by the police. The university later issued a correction but defended its decision to separate student spaces by race after receiving backlash.
    Meanwhile, other universities also intentionally racialized the controversy. An email reportedly sent by the Michigan Medical School implied that the jury would have not ruled Kyle innocent if he had not been white before going on to note that leadership at their university has deemed racism a public health crisis.
    Oakton Community College seized on the opportunity to advance critical race theory, specifically singling out its white students when it told them to check their privilege and asked them “would the outcome of this trial have been the same if Kyle Rittenhouse were a black teen?”
    The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse condemned the American justice system, accusing it of being “so broken as to allow racist acts of violence to go unpunished,” an indication that university administrators have been deceived by mainstream media disinformation, given that Rittenhouse’s act of self-defense was not racially motivated.

© Copyright Original Source

Time to bring back the liberal safety symbol:

Safety_Pin.jpg

Comment

• Also, for the conspiracy minded ....

Does it seem possible to anyone here that Obama groomed this senile old codger (possibly for years) to succeed him? Just so he could pull his strings? Obama was both president and a community organizer. Who better to work precincts, a person with both power and grassroots experience? Who better to cause irregularities? He endorsed Biden without ever saying why. I watched a couple of Obama's speeches in support of candidate Biden and he couldn't ascribe any successes or policies to him. It was basically "I trust Joe - he's a friend of mine." Everyone knows that Joe isn't running the show ( https://www.yahoo.com/now/majority-b...164800792.html ), so who is making a lot of these decisions? Who does Biden trust implicitly to advise him? Who does Biden owe favors to?

I submit, Obama is running his third term in office. And with senile Joe as the front man, Obama can take unpopular risks that he wouldn't have pursued during his own tenure.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
        The reason I use the expression "not 'free and fair'" is that I think things beyond the voting process itself arrayed against Bad Orange Man. The information gatekeepers have tremendous influence. There was some researcher who made a big deal about that several years ago, but I can't recall his name. He was a liberal, but still concerned about the bias of social media, other media, and search engines, and the ways they can affect beliefs and actions.
        Maybe James Carville?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          Also, for the conspiracy minded ....

Does it seem possible to anyone here that Obama groomed this senile old codger (possibly for years) to succeed him? Just so he could pull his strings? Obama was both president and a community organizer. Who better to work precincts, a person with both power and grassroots experience? Who better to cause irregularities? He endorsed Biden without ever saying why. I watched a couple of Obama's speeches in support of candidate Biden and he couldn't ascribe any successes or policies to him. It was basically "I trust Joe - he's a friend of mine." Everyone knows that Joe isn't running the show ( https://www.yahoo.com/now/majority-b...164800792.html ), so who is making a lot of these decisions? Who does Biden trust implicitly to advise him? Who does Biden owe favors to?

I submit, Obama is running his third term in office. And with senile Joe as the front man, Obama can take unpopular risks that he wouldn't have pursued during his own tenure.
          No. In fact, Obama wasn't a fan of Biden running.

Source: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/14/obama-biden-relationship-393570

Many top Obama administration and campaign officials sat on the sidelines or worked for candidates other than Biden. Top former aides including strategist David Axelrod and the young hosts of Pod Save America—Jon Favreau, Tommy Vietor, Jon Lovett and Dan Pfeiffer—at times ridiculed the former vice president’s campaign. Biden is one of the few candidates to have not gone on either of their popular podcasts during the campaign, despite having been invited: “I can’t speak for his campaign’s scheduling decisions,” said Vietor, “but the Zoom is always open.”

Biden aides acknowledge that Obama didn’t do nearly as much for Biden in 2020 as he did for Clinton in 2016.

The lack of public enthusiasm for Biden was noticeable enough that former Obama senior adviser Pete Rouse—who was one of the aides who helped Biden organize his potential 2016 run—addressed it at a fundraiser of Obama alumni for Biden last November that he helped organize.

“I think the turnout tonight demonstrates the high regard in which the vice president is held in the extended Obama family,” Rouse told the crowd of about 50 people. “And I think that that message is not out as far as it should be.”

Yet searing, anonymously sourced quotes from Obama kept appearing through the race. One Democrat who spoke to Obama recalled the former president warning, “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to **** things up.” Speaking of his own waning understanding of today’s Democratic electorate, especially in Iowa, Obama told one 2020 candidate: “And you know who really doesn’t have it? Joe Biden.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Colleges Offer Safe Spaces, Counseling After Rittenhouse Acquittal

November 24, 2021 By Spencer Lindquist

The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse condemned the American justice system, accusing it of being “so broken as to allow racist acts of violence to go unpunished,” an indication that university administrators have been deceived by mainstream media disinformation, given that Rittenhouse’s act of self-defense was not racially motivated.
            That seems to be a reasonable criticism. Just look at all the racist rioting, looting, and burning that occurred about six months ago that the authorities never acted on.
            Last edited by Bill the Cat; 11-30-2021, 10:11 AM.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post
              I kind of had that impression when I asked the question. Truth to tell though - I wasn't expecting the percentages to be so high.
              Of course in one case we've had a thorough debunking not just once but twice by the very guy that the left put their full trust in as well as recent discoveries (actually confirmations) on how the evidence was fabricated by the Democrats (primarily Hillary) in the first place.

And those numbers are higher than any I've seen before so I suspect they conflated those with suspicions, those who believe that there were issues, and those who think it was definitely stolen into one group and thereby supplying worthless statistics.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

I was looking for comparative percentages of people on the losing side subscribing to the idea that the election was stolen shortly after the election. The numbers suggest that there are real grounds for suspicion (around the 20% of the losing side mark, the number could be written off as conspiracy theorists.)

Rogues comment:

It isn't just the left that exhibits the tendency.
                Let's see what the number of Republicans are in five years. That's where the tenacity is.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

No. In fact, Obama wasn't a fan of Biden running.

Source: https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/14/obama-biden-relationship-393570

Many top Obama administration and campaign officials sat on the sidelines or worked for candidates other than Biden. Top former aides including strategist David Axelrod and the young hosts of Pod Save America—Jon Favreau, Tommy Vietor, Jon Lovett and Dan Pfeiffer—at times ridiculed the former vice president’s campaign. Biden is one of the few candidates to have not gone on either of their popular podcasts during the campaign, despite having been invited: “I can’t speak for his campaign’s scheduling decisions,” said Vietor, “but the Zoom is always open.”

Biden aides acknowledge that Obama didn’t do nearly as much for Biden in 2020 as he did for Clinton in 2016.

The lack of public enthusiasm for Biden was noticeable enough that former Obama senior adviser Pete Rouse—who was one of the aides who helped Biden organize his potential 2016 run—addressed it at a fundraiser of Obama alumni for Biden last November that he helped organize.

“I think the turnout tonight demonstrates the high regard in which the vice president is held in the extended Obama family,” Rouse told the crowd of about 50 people. “And I think that that message is not out as far as it should be.”

Yet searing, anonymously sourced quotes from Obama kept appearing through the race. One Democrat who spoke to Obama recalled the former president warning, “Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to **** things up.” Speaking of his own waning understanding of today’s Democratic electorate, especially in Iowa, Obama told one 2020 candidate: “And you know who really doesn’t have it? Joe Biden.”

I don't want to derail this thread any further, so I will answer elsewhere ...

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...a-s-third-term

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Maybe James Carville?
                    No, I'd have remembered Ol' Serpent-Head.

This guy was an egghead perfesser or some such.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

George Floyd's nephew making veiled threats toward the jurors that they better get the same sort of results (i.e. guilty verdict) that the trial of Chauvin had, saying that the jurors are photographed and that he knows who they are but isn't (yet) saying names:
                      https://twitter.com/IntelStream/stat...17188519403525

https://www.wisconsinrightnow.com/20...8/cortez-rice/
                      Some interesting developments on this front.

First, despite him making the claim to be the nephew of George Floyd, apparently Floyd's aunt actually sent a cease and desist letter to him because he isn't actually related: https://alphanews.org/aunt-says-acti...floyds-nephew/

Second, looks like he's been working on more intimidation (going to a Minneapolis Judge's apartment complex and pounding on her door after she decided there would be no press inside the case of that female officer who shot a man and claimed she thought she'd pulled her taser) and has since been arrested (though not clear on if the intimidation of the judge had something to do with it or juror intimidation):
                      https://tennesseestar.com/2021/12/03...ury-tampering/

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Some interesting developments on this front.

First, despite him making the claim to be the nephew of George Floyd, apparently Floyd's aunt actually sent a cease and desist letter to him because he isn't actually related: https://alphanews.org/aunt-says-acti...floyds-nephew/

Second, looks like he's been working on more intimidation (going to a Minneapolis Judge's apartment complex and pounding on her door after she decided there would be no press inside the case of that female officer who shot a man and claimed she thought she'd pulled her taser) and has since been arrested (though not clear on if the intimidation of the judge had something to do with it or juror intimidation):
                        https://tennesseestar.com/2021/12/03...ury-tampering/
                        He could be going away for a long time. Pretty sure intimidating a judge and jury tampering are felonies.

Comment