Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

*yawn*
    What the nutter Greene does not seem to appreciate is that Kenosha was doing just fine until NKR turned up.

His mum should have told him to go to his bed, and none of this would have happened.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

What the nutter Greene does not seem to appreciate is that Kenosha was doing just fine until NKR turned up.
      I know quite a few business owners who lost their livelihoods who would like you to say that to their face.

His mum should have told him to go to his bed, and none of this would have happened.
      Now that's just projection. Go upstairs and help your mom make your thanksgiving meal instead of staying in your basement room, little boy.

Comment

I know quite a few business owners who lost their livelihoods who would like you to say that to their face.

Now that's just projection. Go upstairs and help your mom make your thanksgiving meal instead of staying in your basement room, little boy.
        Hey, it’s not our festival, but I hope you have a good one.
        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• 259657498_450183966471680_8138888333893529234_n.jpg
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Of course Rittenhouse should have stayed home instead of travelling to a nearby town to help clean up the mess that rampaging hoodlums had left the night before. And of course, he should never have been carrying a fire extinguisher. Didn't he know that doing so would provoke rampaging hoodlums destroying property and make them attack him? Rittenhouse dropped the fire extinguisher when he was confronted by one hoodlum, not knowing that a second hoodlum was waiting in ambush behind him, while the first kept him distracted.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Good article here.

Kyle Rittenhouse is a fairly prototypical 17-year-old American male. That is to say he is an undercooked and emotionally underdeveloped man-child. He loves Donald Trump and dreams of being a police officer someday. He had nothing nice to say about Black Lives Matter and he always gives officers the benefit of the doubt. That’s just from his social media profile, by the way. These are his own, self-avowed positions. Now, I don’t expect his mother to point out the horrible cognitive dissonance of her son committing what is an egregious felony in most states, in the name of “protecting businesses,” but did she really not comprehend the potential consequences?

Obvious red flags notwithstanding, this shining star was given ILLEGAL(1) access to dangerous weapons and then insinuated himself into a HIGHLY TENSE SITUATION WITH THOSE WEAPONS(2), all with his mother’s approval. This served no purpose other than to reinforce his post-adolescent super-hero fantasies and place him in a situation he had virtually none of the physical and emotional tools to navigate. The coming catastrophe is now set into motion…

If his mother had simply told him his idea was moronic on every known level as well as several previously unknown tiers of quantum stupidity, we would have no incident to talk about.
              Bullshido.net
              Andrew Vaillencourt
              Last edited by firstfloor; 11-25-2021, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                Good article here.

Bullshido.net
                Andrew Vaillencourt
                If the rioters hadn't attacked Rittenhouse without provocation then he would have had no cause to defend himself.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Good article here.

Bullshido.net
                  Andrew Vaillencourt
                  It must be. The court ruled that he was not in illegal possession of the one weapon that he had. Rittenhouse was busy helping to clean up after riots the night before - nothing says that he was there as a wannabe vigilante.

As to "we would have no incident to talk about," pure speculation. Equally valid speculation would be that we would be talking about incidents that those people otherwise would have caused. Why was third person shot carrying a weapon illegally? Concealed carry without a permit. The events of the night did not happen in other jurisdictions - what the laws apply elsewhere is irrelevant.

Oh - and do be kind enough to inform us of when this investigation of Rittenhouse's social media was supposedly conducted.

But yes - it is a very good article in SOME ways. It includes a few comments that you were careful to avoid:

"If the protests had not included people more interested in agitating than protesting, we would have no incident to discuss."

"We don’t have to argue about Kyle Rittenhouse if we don’t want to. He’s not the real problem, anyway. What happened in Kenosha was the result of a very preventable series of failures across the board. If we can accept that, then it gets much easier to take a deep a breath and say as one united people:"

And footnotes that include a comment that Rittenhouse was not in fact illegally in possession of a weapon, just that he was in reality illegally in possession of a weapon.
                  Last edited by tabibito; 11-25-2021, 04:39 PM.
                  1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                  ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Good article here.

Bullshido.net
                    Andrew Vaillencourt
                    Lol, "good article" Just a glance at it shows that these morons that wrote it can't even get basic facts straight as they are still trying to push this 'illegal weapon' baloney (the charge got tossed because the law does not apply due to the way it is written, thus no illegal weapon.). As well as lying about his mother, who wasn't even there. That was just a glance at it. Fitting name for the site, though - indeed, looks to be full of bullshido.

Comment

Lol, "good article" Just a glance at it shows that these morons that wrote it can't even get basic facts straight as they are still trying to push this 'illegal weapon' baloney (the charge got tossed because the law does not apply due to the way it is written, thus no illegal weapon.). As well as lying about his mother, who wasn't even there. That was just a glance at it. Fitting name for the site, though - indeed, looks to be full of bullshido.
                      You would have missed the edit to my prior post. The site makes for interesting reading, though, and it seems that the blog (?) was written over a period of time. The early section was amended in later sections, without being rewritten ... a fairly honest approach. That comment about being illegally in possession of a weapon might have been based on early reports. The later "correction" leaves a lot to be desired, but it still qualifies as a (grudging) correction. I'm not providing a link account The writer seems to be outraged by the failure of the system as much as anything else, and I'm inclined to agree. IMO, the authorities' failure to maintain order is the root cause for the entire debacle. TWeb rules against linking to sites with unseemly language - which is at the milder end of the scale.

[[Of course, if the authorities had maintained order, it would have been billed as white oppression by the media.]]
                      Last edited by tabibito; 11-25-2021, 05:05 PM.
                      ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

You would have missed the edit to my prior post. The site makes for interesting reading, though, and it seems that the blog (?) was written over a period of time. The early section was amended in later sections, without being rewritten ... a fairly honest approach. That comment about being illegally in possession of a weapon might have been based on early reports. The later "correction" leaves a lot to be desired, but it still qualifies as a (grudging) correction. I'm not providing a link account TWeb rules against linking to sites with unseemly language - which is at the milder end of the scale.
                        Meh, I didn't bother to go searching through his site for the article. just went off his own quote.

Comment

Meh, I didn't bother to go searching through his site for the article. just went off his own quote.
                          I might not have gone looking myself, but FF being the one who posted the "citation" ... I wanted to be sure we were being provided an honest report.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

• I see that Kyle wants to go into nursing. Good for him.

He might benefit as well by visiting schools to tell the kids to not do what he did. That would help to heal his damaged soul.

I hope the far right leave him alone.

Comment

Kenosha doing just fine:

WireAP_691e14809f3e4fbcb1aa95560231aa07_16x9_1600.jpg08a3898e-1900-4f23-8a30-744678d36642.jpeg
                              5f44caa54b78d.image.jpgb2d4fe92-4130-4d2f-81fd-486063e2526f.jpg

FF's version of "Kenosha was doing just fine"

tp-US-composite-looting-scum-1.jpg
                              The last guy who tried to put out a dumpster fire with a fire extinguisher was treated
                              to a beatdown by the "heroic" mob for his efforts.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Kenosha doing just fine:

WireAP_691e14809f3e4fbcb1aa95560231aa07_16x9_1600.jpg08a3898e-1900-4f23-8a30-744678d36642.jpeg
                                5f44caa54b78d.image.jpgb2d4fe92-4130-4d2f-81fd-486063e2526f.jpg

FF's version of "Kenosha was doing just fine"

tp-US-composite-looting-scum-1.jpg
                                The last guy who tried to put out a dumpster fire with a fire extinguisher was treated
                                to a beatdown by the "heroic" mob for his efforts.
                                Dates?
                                NKR came to town on the 25th. after the riots.

Comment