Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    His lawyer offered him the best advice. He should take it.
    Well if he is going to sue big media, which he should, he is going to be in the spotlight anyway.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by tabibito View Post

The prosecution had a case? Seems strange that the court never got to see it.
      Were you born yesterday? OK. Court proceedings like this have two sides. The jury hear from both. The judge is something like a referee and instructs the jury concerning the law, etc. so that the accused person is fairly treated.

Sometimes, the justice system fails to convict a criminal, or convicts an innocent person. It would be better if firstfloor judged everything, but I don’t have the time.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Well if he is going to sue big media, which he should, he is going to be in the spotlight anyway.
        True. But if he is running around doing photo ops and interviews beforehand then the accusation that he wanted fame comes back to haunt him. And the defendants won't be as ready to settle, and a civil jury might not be sympathetic to the continued public presence. He's making it hard on himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          So, basically, it's the leftist loonies saying ... HOW DARE this white kid interfere with the "mostly peaceful demonstrators" we have been defending and enabling and protecting and lying about for nearly 2 years.

And to that end, they have to fabricate a bunch of stuff.

Here's how it works...

The left immediately jumps in to craft the narrative --- Vigilante white supremacist kid brings assault rifle across state lines to shoot up mostly peaceful BLACK protesters demonstrating because a cop shot an unarmed guy to death.

(so many lies in that, but that's pretty much been the narrative)

And there are PLENTY of people to swallow up the left's narrative, and to immerse themselves in it, so that when the TRUTH is revealed, it's so foreign to the narrative that the TRUTH must be rejected.
          There are those, like the MSM, who want to believe it because it fits so well into the narrative they crafted. Then there are others who believed it because it was repeated as "fact" by so many (once) credible sources.

What's interesting is the number of people who had their eyes opened by this. Who saw that virtually everything they were told outside Rittenhouse's name was a lie. Now, how many will simply close their eyes again and drift back off and how many were truly upset at being played.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

All I have done in this debate is take the prosecution case seriously.
            Go back and read through your posts. This bit of historical revisionist gaslighting won't fly.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The narrative was terribly one-sided from the left, including Biden who stupidly and wrongly declared Rittenhouse a White Supremacist with no basis in fact. It appears you were as willing to believe the lies as most leftists here in the States.
              In his senility that seems to be a knee-jerk reflex on his part. Look at his calling Georgia new election laws "Jim Crow 2.0" resulting in even the WaPo giving him 4 Pinocchios for that whopper.

Comment

Was Sandmann? Seems to me he kept a pretty low profile while those law suits were working their way through the courts. It seems the only time you heard from him was when he announced a settlement with one of those he sued.

Comment

Show me.
                  You've already been shown, you utter walnut. Thanks for proving you don't read or watch what is provided you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

True. But if he is running around doing photo ops and interviews beforehand then the accusation that he wanted fame comes back to haunt him. And the defendants won't be as ready to settle, and a civil jury might not be sympathetic to the continued public presence. He's making it hard on himself.
                    I don't know Nick Sandman did a bunch of interviews and it did not hurt his suit.... And I don't see a civil case against him with any merit.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Was Sandmann? Seems to me he kept a pretty low profile while those law suits were working their way through the courts. It seems the only time you heard from him was when he announced a settlement with one of those he sued.
                      No, if memory serves, Sandman was giving interviews before.

Comment

In his senility that seems to be a knee-jerk reflex on his part. Look at his calling Georgia new election laws "Jim Crow 2.0" resulting in even the WaPo giving him 4 Pinocchios for that whopper.
                        I think he spends too much time listening to the extreme lefties, greenies and racists in his crowd, and he defaults to their stupidspeak.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't know Nick Sandman did a bunch of interviews and it did not hurt his suit.... And I don't see a civil case against him with any merit.
                          Sandmann had a really solid case though, and he was never accused of seeking fame. I mean, all that kid ever did was stand still while wearing a MAGA hat, and the MSM tore him to shreds. Rittenhouse made a tweet about getting attention and then shot some people.

Comment

• How very appropriate and how very Conservative:

Republican Rep Marjorie Taylor Greene, a supporter of ex-President Donald Trump, introduced a bill to award acquitted Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse with a congressional gold medal because he ‘protected the community’.

Greene brought the legislation forward on Wednesday, five days after a jury found Rittenhouse not guilty of all charges against him for fatally shooting two men and injuring a third during a protest in Kenosha, Wisconsin, last year.

HR6070 states that it is intended to ‘award a Congressional Gold Medal to Kyle H Rittenhouse, who protected the community of Kenosha, Wisconsin, during a Black Lives Matter (BLM) riot on August 25, 2020’.

If awarded, it would give Rittenhouse, 18, the same medal that police officers received for protecting the US Capitol during the deadly January 6 riot, as well as American troops killed in Kabul.
                            I think we should all agree to refer to Kyle from now on as Notorious Killer Rittenhouse, or NKR for short.
                            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

How very appropriate and how very Conservative:

I think we should all agree to refer to Kyle from now on as Notorious Killer Rittenhouse, or NKR for short.
                              *yawn*

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I liked it. I thought Kyle came across quite well.

I was particularly struck by his descriptions of the jail conditions and of his original shyster legal team.
                                Yeah, he really dodge a bullet by dropping that original legal team. ESPECIALLY Lin Wood, who has since spiraled into fevered insanity and QAnon nonsense this last year. BIG bullet missed there. (I should note that Nick Sandmann also fired Lin Wood, and missed that bullet too).

Comment