Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Rittenhouse...

The trial starts today. Hopefully this young patriot won't railroaded for simply defending himself....
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    The trial starts today. Hopefully this young patriot won't railroaded for simply defending himself....
    Been watching on and off this morning and the pre-trial stuff the last week or so.

Hopefully he is found innocent of the more serious stuff at least. But I also don't see it being a fair trial - the jury knows what will happen to their cities at the hands of BLM and Antifa if he's found innocent. Sadly as much as I hope he's found innocent, I have doubts that he will be.

One good/interesting thing I heard is the Judge will not allow the prosecution to refer to the people that he shot in self defense as 'victims' (but the defense is allowed to refer to them as rioters and looters).

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Been watching on and off this morning and the pre-trial stuff the last week or so.

Hopefully he is found innocent of the more serious stuff at least. But I also don't see it being a fair trial - the jury knows what will happen to their cities at the hands of BLM and Antifa if he's found innocent. Sadly as much as I hope he's found innocent, I have doubts that he will be.

One good/interesting thing I heard is the Judge will not allow the prosecution to refer to the people that he shot in self defense as 'victims' (but the defense is allowed to refer to them as rioters and looters).
      Yes, I heard they are threatening to riot if he is found not guilty.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

It's not justice, it's social "justice".
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I saw Huffpost making hay about that as if the two statements were equivalent.

Apparently the ban on "victims" is a long-standing precedent when someone is using self defense as a defensive claim. (I.E. their "victimhood" is the central question of the trial,

On the other hand, the judge said that when it comes to "rioter" and "looter" that's left for the defense to show, and if done, they are able to use the terms.

It seems reasonable.

Comment

Kenosha County Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder tried to reassure the potential jurors of their safety.

"In 38 years as judge, I've never had a juror threatened, I've never had a juror bothered in any way," he said. "I think that the fear that people have is greater than the reality of risk."

That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Kenosha County Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder tried to reassure the potential jurors of their safety.

"In 38 years as judge, I've never had a juror threatened, I've never had a juror bothered in any way," he said. "I think that the fear that people have is greater than the reality of risk."

Unfortunately he can't exactly protect them when their homes are being burned down by a mob indiscriminately burning down a city.

Comment

Not to mention that "It has never happened in the past; therefore, it will never happen in the future" is a logical fallacy.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Only if they prove that the deceased were rioters and looters.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

Have you seen the videos?

Comment

Er, the Prosecution themselves did that for them in their opening statements.... For a minute there I had to double check that it wasn't the Defense making opening statements. In any case, there's plenty of evidence on video they were rioters and looters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Have you seen the videos?
                        Do the videos show the deceased rioting and looting?
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

Do the videos show the deceased rioting and looting?
                          It shows that both men that Kyle killed attacked him... Looting and rioting are immaterial.

On August 25, 2020, amid the unrest in Kenosha, Wisconsin after the police shooting of Jacob Blake, Kyle Rittenhouse, a 17-year-old from Antioch, Illinois, shot and killed two men and wounded another man in the arm during confrontations at two locations.[1][2] He was armed with a Smith & Wesson M&P15 rifle,[3] and the individual wounded by Rittenhouse was armed with a handgun.[4] Rittenhouse also claimed to be an EMT and was carrying a medkit.[5][6]

At the first location, Rittenhouse was pursued by a group, a gunshot was fired into the air by a third party, and Kenosha resident Joseph Rosenbaum lunged at Rittenhouse and attempted to take his rifle. Rittenhouse then fired four times at Rosenbaum, who died shortly afterwards.[7][8] At the second location, Rittenhouse tripped while fleeing and a man kicked him. Rittenhouse fired at the man twice but missed.[9][10] Protesters approached Rittenhouse while he was still on the ground, and Silver Lake resident Anthony Huber struck Rittenhouse with a skateboard and struggled for control of his rifle. Rittenhouse then fired at Huber once, killing him.[11][8]West Allis resident Gaige Grosskreutz then approached Rittenhouse while holding a handgun, and Rittenhouse shot him once, severing his bicep.[11][12]

Comment

See end of #2

Comment

See end of #2
                              Joe Biden reportedly did #2 in his end.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment