Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

1. The video doesn't show that at all. It is a blurry mess that shows nothing. Also if you take Rittenhouse as pointing his weapon at Rosenbaum, he would have to be doing it left handed and he was right handed.
    2. The normal reaction if someone has a loaded gun pointed at you is to back away, not charge at them and give chase.
    3. Rittenhouse showed 3 times that night that when someone did charge at him trying to attack him, he shot them. So if he had his gun pointed at Rosenbaum and Rosenbaum charged him, he would have been shot way back at the start of the chase. Instead what happened is that Rittenhouse never threatened Rosenbaum, but Rosenbaum threatened him. Rittenhouse tried to leave and Rosenbaum gave chase. Only when Rittenhouse was cornered at the parked cars did he turn around and shoot Rosebaum when he tried to grab his gun.
    He reacts when he sees Ziminsky, unaware of Rosenbaum at that point, drops the fire extinguisher and rises the barrel of the gun, two handed. That happens just before the start of the video.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes - it takes away from his own lawyer's advice not to become a cause or to sell out to a cause.
      Not only that, it keeps the spotlight on him, which could hurt him when this gets to the inevitable civil suit.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post

He reacts when he sees Ziminsky, unaware of Rosenbaum at that point, drops the fire extinguisher and rises the barrel of the gun, two handed. That happens just before the start of the video.
        The jury saw the whole thing in great detail and with ALL of the facts of the case in evidence, and they concluded unanimously it was self-defense.

Go away.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

LOL. No it doesn't. And that's not even the story the prosecution was trying to push. They claimed that Rittenhouse pointed his rifle at Ziminski (and Rosenbaum?) Rosenbaum then started chasing him. And they claim it happened on the drone video, and tried to prove it with this blurry photo:

ScreenHunter 01.jpg

IF he was actually pointing a gun in the photo above, he would be holding it left-handed. You can tell by his stance if you know anything about rifles. But Rittenhouse was right handed.

maxresdefault.jpg

here are two interesting videos showing that he wasn't pointing his gun, and the second video showing that Ziminski approached him with his pistol while Rosenbaum came up behind him trying to ambush him at which point Kyle started running

Last edited by Sparko; 11-24-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

yep. the more he makes public appearances and interviews and photo-ops, the more he looks like he is gloating to the liberals which just makes them angrier and more convinced "he got away with murder"

His best bet would be to do his best to disappear from public view and try to get on with his life.
            I wish he would as his fifteen minutes has expired. Unfortunately, I think he so beholden to Fox that he'll be in our faces for quite a while.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Not only that, it keeps the spotlight on him, which could hurt him when this gets to the inevitable civil suit.
              Exactly.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Nice piece concerning Rittenhouse going on Tucker Carlson's show:

Source: Column: A Victory Lap with Tucker Carlson?

After Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted for self-defense in the death of two men who attacked him during a riot in Kenosha, Wisconsin, the one thing that was guaranteed to outrage the liberal media mob was Rittenhouse doing a “victory lap” on Tucker Carlson’s top-rated Fox show.

CNN’s pretentiously superior Oliver Darcy was revolted by Carlson’s praise: “Kyle Rittenhouse struck us as bright, decent, sincere, dutiful, and hardworking." The Fox host added he’s “exactly the kind of person you would want many more of in your country. He’s not especially political. He never wanted to be the symbol of anything.”

But of course, Rittenhouse is now a symbol for both sides of the political divide. He should know by now that you can’t take sides in a riot and say you’re not especially political. Rittenhouse was elevated into a national story because the Left wanted to insist that the real criminals in Kenosha weren’t the rioters. They don’t want the boy to be lionized, but they’re allergic to seeing leftist rioters being villainized.

The liberal media were looking for a story and a symbol that would underline their narrative of America being torn apart by Trumpism, racism, and rioting – or in this case, the attempts to curtail the rioting.

Darcy channeled the left-wing view that conservative media were elevating Rittenhouse into a “role model” for teenage vigilantes to emulate. “Not only are people like Carlson excusing the general concept of vigilante justice, they are actively encouraging it.”

It’s true that some people tried to create a bandwagon around the acquittal, insisting they’d like Rittenhouse to be an intern in their congressional office, or offering him a free AR-15 to celebrate. He’s not a “hero.” He’s just a boy who defended himself in a frightening and violent situation

His heart was certainly in the right place, even if I wouldn’t want my son in that danger zone. But the media rail against “vigilantes,” and aren't fans of the police, either. Darcy and the rest seem to be encouraging unchecked rioting and chaos....as long as it magnifies the right racial and political cause. Burning your furniture store to the ground is called an "uprising" or a "racial reckoning."

Rittenhouse wasn’t wrong to call out the media for repeatedly mangling the facts of his case. "He crossed state lines. False. He's a white supremacist. False. None of that is true. And the lies that they can just get away with spreading. It's just sickening. And it's a disgrace to this country.”

Some people will never give up on a disgracefully wrong narrative. On MSNBC’s Reidout after the verdict came out, Joy Reid declared the lesson was “if I'm walking around and I'm a white nationalist coward little kid with an AR-15 and I see someone drive by with a Black Lives Matter bumper sticker and I feel threatened, I can open fire.” Jason Johnson imagined that Rittenhouse shot the two rioters because they were “race traitors” that “stood against the core conceit of white supremacy, that straight white men have dominion over everything, especially black bodies.”

The official post-verdict statement by Black Lives Matter cried conspiracy theory: “It was a set up from the beginning. The police, the judge, the court, mainstream media, and every single system involved all wrapped their arms around Kyle Rittenhouse from the very beginning.”

Anyone claiming the “mainstream media” were engaged in a long hug with Kyle Rittenhouse should be given a Breathlyzer test. Apparently, those Marxist BLM leaders were too busy counting their millions to watch any news reports.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

While I agree that Rittenhouse isn't a role model, it is ironic to hear that coming from folks seeking to turn the three he shot into saints. No two ways about it. They were scum.

And yeah, I've read a couple of articles after the verdict whining that the media was too soft on Rittenhouse.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I recently rewatched it all and I still liked it.

It's on IMBD TV and Prime
                  https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta...ason_select_s1
                  One of my favorites. It was actually never intended to be what it became and what made it unique and famous. "Cousin" Barnabas the vampire was supposed to be a short-term story arc.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    The acting was incredibly bad. Too often you can tell that they are looking over the shoulder of the person they are talking to and reading their lines. Especially the kid. FWIU, he was supposed to be a major character but largely got written out of the story as they realized he simply could not act at all.
                    But he had Major Matt Mason toys in his room, so
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

• I don't really object to Kyle wanting to meet Bad Orange Man. I'm not crazy about the photo op. But the former without the latter really wouldn't happen.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Nice piece concerning Rittenhouse going on Tucker Carlson's show:

Source: Column: A Victory Lap with Tucker Carlson?

After Kyle Rittenhouse was acquitted for self-defense in the death of two men who attacked him during a riot in Kenosha, Wisconsin, the one thing that was guaranteed to outrage the liberal media mob was Rittenhouse doing a “victory lap” on Tucker Carlson’s top-rated Fox show.

CNN’s pretentiously superior Oliver Darcy was revolted by Carlson’s praise: “Kyle Rittenhouse struck us as bright, decent, sincere, dutiful, and hardworking." The Fox host added he’s “exactly the kind of person you would want many more of in your country. He’s not especially political. He never wanted to be the symbol of anything.”

But of course, Rittenhouse is now a symbol for both sides of the political divide. He should know by now that you can’t take sides in a riot and say you’re not especially political. Rittenhouse was elevated into a national story because the Left wanted to insist that the real criminals in Kenosha weren’t the rioters. They don’t want the boy to be lionized, but they’re allergic to seeing leftist rioters being villainized.

The liberal media were looking for a story and a symbol that would underline their narrative of America being torn apart by Trumpism, racism, and rioting – or in this case, the attempts to curtail the rioting.

Darcy channeled the left-wing view that conservative media were elevating Rittenhouse into a “role model” for teenage vigilantes to emulate. “Not only are people like Carlson excusing the general concept of vigilante justice, they are actively encouraging it.”

It’s true that some people tried to create a bandwagon around the acquittal, insisting they’d like Rittenhouse to be an intern in their congressional office, or offering him a free AR-15 to celebrate. He’s not a “hero.” He’s just a boy who defended himself in a frightening and violent situation

His heart was certainly in the right place, even if I wouldn’t want my son in that danger zone. But the media rail against “vigilantes,” and aren't fans of the police, either. Darcy and the rest seem to be encouraging unchecked rioting and chaos....as long as it magnifies the right racial and political cause. Burning your furniture store to the ground is called an "uprising" or a "racial reckoning."

Rittenhouse wasn’t wrong to call out the media for repeatedly mangling the facts of his case. "He crossed state lines. False. He's a white supremacist. False. None of that is true. And the lies that they can just get away with spreading. It's just sickening. And it's a disgrace to this country.”

Some people will never give up on a disgracefully wrong narrative. On MSNBC’s Reidout after the verdict came out, Joy Reid declared the lesson was “if I'm walking around and I'm a white nationalist coward little kid with an AR-15 and I see someone drive by with a Black Lives Matter bumper sticker and I feel threatened, I can open fire.” Jason Johnson imagined that Rittenhouse shot the two rioters because they were “race traitors” that “stood against the core conceit of white supremacy, that straight white men have dominion over everything, especially black bodies.”

The official post-verdict statement by Black Lives Matter cried conspiracy theory: “It was a set up from the beginning. The police, the judge, the court, mainstream media, and every single system involved all wrapped their arms around Kyle Rittenhouse from the very beginning.”

Anyone claiming the “mainstream media” were engaged in a long hug with Kyle Rittenhouse should be given a Breathlyzer test. Apparently, those Marxist BLM leaders were too busy counting their millions to watch any news reports.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

While I agree that Rittenhouse isn't a role model, it is ironic to hear that coming from folks seeking to turn the three he shot into saints. No two ways about it. They were scum.

And yeah, I've read a couple of articles after the verdict whining that the media was too soft on Rittenhouse.
                        This is a picture that the left was showing after the trial

GettyImages-1353462731.jpg

Comment

Again, that's been refuted. You were even linked to a video re-enactment of the refutation.

Comment

LOL. No it doesn't. And that's not even the story the prosecution was trying to push. They claimed that Rittenhouse pointed his rifle at Ziminski (and Rosenbaum?) Rosenbaum then started chasing him. And they claim it happened on the drone video, and tried to prove it with this blurry photo:

ScreenHunter 01.jpg

IF he was actually pointing a gun in the photo above, he would be holding it left-handed. You can tell by his stance if you know anything about rifles. But Rittenhouse was right handed.

maxresdefault.jpg

here are two interesting videos showing that he wasn't pointing his gun, and the second video showing that Ziminski approached him with his pistol while Rosenbaum came up behind him trying to ambush him at which point Kyle started running

Louder With Crowder did an excellent piece physically re-enacting what Rittenhouse would have had to do in order to point that gun in the way the Prosecution tried to claim (and the less than a second later have his gun back to the position it was being held in all the rest of the evening). i provided it to FF earlier in the thread, and he did not watch it.

Comment

This is a picture that the left was showing after the trial

GettyImages-1353462731.jpg
                              image_56242.jpg

THIS GUY SPENT 14 YEARS IN JAIL CONVICTED OF RAPING VARIOUS CHILDREN
                              BETWEEN THE AGES OF 9 & 11 YEARS OLD. HE WAS A SERIAL RAPIST

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Again, that's been refuted. You were even linked to a video re-enactment of the refutation.
                                And I told you that you need to decide only on evidence introduced at the trial. You are not an expert. But you can make a decision as if your were a juror provided you listen to all the evidence.

The things I say are consistent with the trial evidence.

Very strange in my view that Ziminsky was not called to give evidence.
                                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment