Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

In most such cases the lawyers work on contingency. Meaning they only get paid if you win and they get a percentage (usually around 30-35%) of the payout or settlement.
    Which is why I'm surprised a lawyer took the case. The payout will be $0.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Greed makes people stupid.

Comment

• Just watched the Rittenhouse interview on Tucker Carlson. It was ok. I still think he shouldn't have done it.

found it online:

Comment

Just watched the Rittenhouse interview on Tucker Carlson. It was ok. I still think he shouldn't have done it.

found it online:

I didn't watch it last night in that I'm really not that interested and agree he shouldn't have done it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Just watched the Rittenhouse interview on Tucker Carlson. It was ok. I still think he shouldn't have done it.
            I thought he did well. And I'm glad he did it - he cleared up a lot of misconceptions and out right lies and it humanized him. Now he needs to fade away...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

I thought he did well. And I'm glad he did it - he cleared up a lot of misconceptions and out right lies and it humanized him. Now he needs to fade away...
              Tucker was probably the wrong person to go to. He's too sensationalistic, and frankly doesn't carry alot of weight except in certain niche circles. He would have been better going to Shepherd Smith, or someone like that who at least has a better reputation as a straight shooter.

Comment

In most such cases the lawyers work on contingency. Meaning they only get paid if you win and they get a percentage (usually around 30-35%) of the payout or settlement.
                Yeah, in Texas, it seems to be more like 40%, but I couldn't figure out what Roy was actually trying to say.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Tucker was probably the wrong person to go to. He's too sensationalistic, and frankly doesn't carry alot of weight except in certain niche circles. He would have been better going to Shepherd Smith, or someone like that who at least has a better reputation as a straight shooter.
                  Well he obviously wanted to be heard and by more than the dozen or so people still watching Smith (that's if his CNBC show hasn't been cancelled).

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    He actually should take on the "defund the police" idiots who make our cities much less safe.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Shepherd Smith? Good grief... Perhaps Bret Baier...
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, in Texas, it seems to be more like 40%, but I couldn't figure out what Roy was actually trying to say.
                        Here it's 33.3% but some, usually shady, lawyers attach fees bumping it up to between 35 to 40%.

Comment

Shepherd Smith? Good grief... Perhaps Bret Baier...
                          Honestly? Lost track of Fox News anchors. I don't watch news often, I couldn't tell you who is or isn't on the air anymore.

Comment

So they are going to argue that police should have arrested Rosenbaum and Grosskreutz, so they wouldn't have been shot?
                            No, he's clearly implying that the police should have apprehended Rittenhouse ("Were the police too cozy with vigilantes walking the streets enforcing their own justice?") even though the "vigilante" narrative was demolished during the trial.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

So they are going to argue that police should have arrested Rosenbaum and Grosskreutz, so they wouldn't have been shot?
                              Actually ...

I think that would be a reasonable argument.
                              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                              Scripture before Tradition:
                              but that won't prevent others from
                              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Rittenhouse's own lawyer suggested he change his name and disappear.

Richards said, “I think there’s a lot of people want to use Kyle for their own means. I think the way the Rittenhouse name right now has trended on Twitter – and that’s what we live in, is a Twitter society – people want to use his name, get it out there so they can get some publicity. I think it’s cheap. That’s what I think.”

MacCallum said, “What’s your advice to him about how he should live his life from now?”

Richards said, “Yeah, my advice would be to change his name and start his life over. He’s very recognizable right now. There’s a lot of people who I don’t think have his best interests at heart and probably want to make him a symbol of something I don’t think he wants to be necessarily associated with. And once you give up your name and your likeness and you join those causes, I think a lot of people will use you for their own purposes, and you won’t be able to control it.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...art-life-over/

I really like that lawyer. He seems like a genuinely decent human being.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment