Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if all the prosecutorial malfeasance that was done by the DA is enough grounds to disbar him. I hope so he needs to lose his job and not be able to practice law anymore since he has shown he cares nothing about Law and Justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
      I wonder if all the prosecutorial malfeasance that was done by the DA is enough grounds to disbar him. I hope so he needs to lose his job and not be able to practice law anymore since he has shown he cares nothing about Law and Justice.
      As the defense attorney correctly, IMHBAO, ascertained, in this case it was all about winning for them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

The judge was very eloquent in his praise of the jury after the verdict was read.
        And it was interesting to hear the defense attorney talking about "I've had cases before this judge a hundred years ago, and he's always been fair - he gives the accused a fair trial, but you DON'T what him sentencing your client".

That's quite interesting praise for a criminal defense attorney to give a judge.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And it was interesting to hear the defense attorney talking about "I've had cases before this judge a hundred years ago, and he's always been fair - he gives the accused a fair trial, but you DON'T what him sentencing your client".

That's quite interesting praise for a criminal defense attorney to give a judge.
          I've read and heard that he has a reputation of making the prosecution do their job -- prove beyond a reasonable doubt the accused guilt.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            I've read and heard that he has a reputation of making the prosecution do their job -- prove beyond a reasonable doubt the accused guilt.
            Yeah, he seems to not like putting people behind bars who don't absolutely belong there, but if it's deemed that they "belong there", he's gonna go the whole row. That's what the criminal defense attorney seemed to be saying, as well.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I think what's really telling is that there was a relatively small crowd at the courthouse when the verdict was published, and only a small band of "really out there" demonstrators were just making fools of themselves --- I'm hoping that's an indication that the "protestors" (rioters) have lost interest in this one.

Comment

• One other thought....

When you saw Rittenhouse collapse and hyperventilate after the verdicts were read, it looked very much like his "performance" in the witness chair, and there was absolutely no reason to "perform" when the verdicts were read.

I think the kid is just a young emotional person who sincerely wants to do good, but has a lot of growing up to do.

Comment

I think what's really telling is that there was a relatively small crowd at the courthouse when the verdict was published, and only a small band of "really out there" demonstrators were just making fools of themselves --- I'm hoping that's an indication that the "protestors" (rioters) have lost interest in this one.
                  Rumor is that all the Molotov cocktails, pallets of bricks, and industrial fireworks are delayed on cargo ships so it might be delayed

Comment

One other thought....

When you saw Rittenhouse collapse and hyperventilate after the verdicts were read, it looked very much like his "performance" in the witness chair, and there was absolutely no reason to "perform" when the verdicts were read.

I think the kid is just a young emotional person who sincerely wants to do good, but has a lot of growing up to do.
                    As do at least 90% of kids his age. And not just today but nearly any time unless they were off at war or helping to support the family.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      As do at least 90% of kids his age. And not just today but nearly any time unless they were off at war or helping to support the family.
                      I'm not a kid by any stretch of the imagination, and if I had been in his shoes, I would have reacted the same way.

It's interesting to hear just now that Kyle would have an excellent civil suit against Biden, because the comments Biden made last year were made before he was President. I hope he sues Biden!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Just "scanned the band" to see what the leftist talking heads were saying --- they're visibly upset that a "vigilante" was released, and we can now expect to see armed men running the streets....

Would they rather have the "mostly peaceful protestors"? (sadly, I think the answer is "yes")

rioters stay home.jpg

Comment

• Biden just announced that he supports the jury's verdict.

If only he had kept his piehole shut prior to the trial.

Biden on Rittenhouse verdict: 'The jury system works'

President Biden on Friday said he stands by the jury’s decision to acquit Kyle Rittenhouse, the teenager who fatally shot two protesters in Kenosha, Wis., and wounded a third.

“Well look, I stand by what the jury has concluded. The jury system works and we have to abide by it,” the president said when asked about the decision by reporters at the White House.

He said he had just heard about the verdict and didn’t watch the trial. He declined to directly comment on whether he stands by a tweet he sent as a presidential candidate that suggested Rittenhouse was a white supremacist.

Comment

• Did you see what DeBlasio tweeted? Nothing like fanning the flames!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Did you see what DeBlasio tweeted? Nothing like fanning the flames!
                              And Cuomo! Still referring to "supremacist vigilantism".

What a bunch of [insert really really bad words].

Comment

Did you see what DeBlasio tweeted? Nothing like fanning the flames!
                                These idiots have to be demon possessed or something.

Comment