Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Depends. I can see hitting with the side of a skateboard being even more dangerous than a ball bat, given the narrow cross section concentrating the power.
    Definitely. You can break bones with a paperback book if you strike with the binding.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Definitely. You can break bones with a paperback book if you strike with the binding.
      I still have the little depression on my wrist where you smacked me with one of your slickback magazines.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I still have the little depression on my wrist where you smacked me with one of your slickback magazines.
        Roll up a magazine REAL tight and then jab with it (throat, solar plexus being good targets).

Virtually anything can be used as an effective weapon.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
          And he succeeded in killing them

As Cow Poke described him he was "a scared 17 year old kid" which raises the question why was this "scared 17 year old kid" roaming the streets wearing a bullet proof vest and carrying a weapon which, so I understand he was not strictly permitted to have?

I recall the dismissive remarks made by some here about the police officers at the Capitol recounting their experiences.

https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1286413

Their comments are particularly unsympathetic and "a slap in the face for anyone with PTSD and panic attacks".

Now would you like to condemn those correspondents as well?
          You do realize that I was specifically referring to trained law enforcement officers, some of whom were never in any danger, and not a 17 year old surrounded by people trying to harm or even kill him.

ETA: My bad. I just noticed that you asked her to leave the thread.

Comment

Roll up a magazine REAL tight and then jab with it (throat, solar plexus being good targets).

Virtually anything can be used as an effective weapon.
            And all that's required is for the defendant to believe he's about to be killed OR suffer "great bodily harm".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You do realize that I was specifically referring to trained law enforcement officers, some of whom were never in any danger, and not a 17 year old surrounded by people trying to harm or even kill him.

ETA: My bad. I just noticed that you asked her to leave the thread.
              I was about to point that out, but she has been kicked our of the thread, so...'

ETA: Yeah, I noticed you just realized that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                And he succeeded in killing them
                Correct, he succeeded in properly defending himself from bodily harm and death. Perhaps that is a foreign concept to such a disgusting German as yourself.
                As Cow Poke described him he was "a scared 17 year old kid" which raises the question why was this "scared 17 year old kid" roaming the streets wearing a bullet proof vest and carrying a weapon
                He was there protecting property from violent looters, and rendering first aid to people and putting out fires with fire extinguishers. He was wearing a t-shirt, not a bulletproof vest, at the time of the incident. He had the right to have a gun on him for self defense, considering the night prior, an elderly man 3as brutally beaten for trying to defend his store unarmed.

Perhaps in your sorry country you don't understand the concept of helping out during unrest and destruction - I hear your youth are more interested in reporting things to nazis.
                which, so I understand he was not strictly permitted to have?
                The weapon charge was dismissed as he was able to legally carry due to the law being poorly written.

I recall the dismissive remarks made by some here about the police officers at the Capitol recounting their experiences.
                and there we go to the attempt to distract from your disgusting statement. Sorry hun, my response is to you, not out of context quotes from who knows when. Own up to your own statements, you childish twit. "But mommy, he did it too!"

ETA: was replying to this dimwit and snacking on some food, before sparko booted her slimy self out of the thread. I'll leave it stand just because I corrected numerous lies in her claims.
                Last edited by Gondwanaland; 11-18-2021, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• MSNBC has been banned from being in the courtroom? Anybody have more info on this?

Apparently, Kenosha police say somebody was following the jury bus - trying to photograph jurors.

Comment

MSNBC has been banned from being in the courtroom? Anybody have more info on this?

Apparently, Kenosha police say somebody was following the jury bus - trying to photograph jurors.
                    BREAKING: MSNBC banned from Rittenhouse trial courtroom after reportedly following jury bus

As the jury deliberated in the Kyle Rittenhouse case on Thursday, Judge Bruce Shroeder announced that individuals had followed the jury bus, following at a distance of "about a block." This individual claimed that he worked for MSNBC, and was instructed to follow the jury bus by the outlet.

As such, Shroeder banned MSNBC from the courtroom. The individual who followed the bus identified himself to police as James J. Morrison, and that individual reportedly said that he was following the jury bus at the instruction of Irene Byon, who is a booking producer with NBC in New York.

Comment

• He only banned them because he's a white supremacist

Comment

BREAKING: MSNBC banned from Rittenhouse trial courtroom after reportedly following jury bus

As the jury deliberated in the Kyle Rittenhouse case on Thursday, Judge Bruce Shroeder announced that individuals had followed the jury bus, following at a distance of "about a block." This individual claimed that he worked for MSNBC, and was instructed to follow the jury bus by the outlet.

As such, Shroeder banned MSNBC from the courtroom. The individual who followed the bus identified himself to police as James J. Morrison, and that individual reportedly said that he was following the jury bus at the instruction of Irene Byon, who is a booking producer with NBC in New York.
                        Just wow. These libs are stopping at nothing to intimidate the jury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Just wow. These libs are stopping at nothing to intimidate the jury.
                          It's interesting to see the judge growing increasingly frustrated with the way the media has misrepresented this, and the way they appear to be attempting to direct the outcome.

Comment

MSNBC has been banned from being in the courtroom? Anybody have more info on this?

I saw this on CNN during my lunch break. Certainly the people they had on to comment on this said it's really serious and an amateur's thing to do. No comment yet from MSNBC.

I think this create some conflict between freedom of the press versus right to a fair trial. In this case, I come down on right to a fair trial is more important.
                            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

I saw this on CNN during my lunch break. Certainly the people they had on to comment on this said it's really serious and an amateur's thing to do. No comment yet from MSNBC.

I think this create some conflict between freedom of the press versus right to a fair trial. In this case, I come down on right to a fair trial is more important.
                              And people like Obama and Biden blabbing about a case before it's even tried.... yeah, a fair trial is far more crucial than the media's right to "get the story first". They need to focus on getting the story RIGHT.

Comment

• Kyle Rittenhouse Judge Placed Under Police Protection After Getting Hundreds Of Death Threats

By James Samson
                                November 16, 2021

The veteran judge who is currently presiding over the trial of Kyle Rittenhouse has been placed under police protection after he and his family received hundreds of death threats.
                                Daily Mail reported that Kenosha Circuit Judge Bruce Schroeder has received hundreds of abusive and menacing emails, letters, postcards, and faxes.

“Wow, way to name a white skinhead hot head to be a judge. No wonder they burn down your city,” one email read. Others have called for Schroeder to be dismissed or even disbarred.

Schroeder was appointed to the bench back in 1983 by Democratic Wisconsin Governor Anthony Earl, and he was elected to his first six-year term the next year. Since then, he has been re-elected in every election.
                                “I didn’t know that under your black robes of justice, you wear a white robe of the klan. There is no way a fair trial can be heard under your supervision,” wrote another person who was demanding that Schroeder resign.
                                Another threatening message warned the judge that he has a lot to look forward to from angry people after the trial ends.

“If I ever meet you in person, I intend to spit directly in your face, regardless of the cost,” wrote one person.

Someone even threatened the lives of Schroeder’s children, promising “payback” and vowing that Rittenhouse “won’t live long if the jury votes to acquit him.” Many of the people who sent these threatening messages even signed them with their real names.

Last week, Schroeder mentioned the “thousands of communications” from those who are threatening him, and he’s promised to deal with the people who sent them.

“I wouldn’t want to be those people,” he said.

Schroeder has since had a police detail assigned to watch over him for the rest of this trial.

https://www.redvoicemedia.com/2021/1...death-threats/

Comment