Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And the media have been terribly dishonest, as well, including a declaration of "white supremacist" by Sleepy Joe.

10 heinous lies about Kyle Rittenhouse debunked

Short list of the lies...
    1. He killed two black BLM protesters.
    2. He crossed state lines.
    Rittenhouse took an AR-15 across state lines.
    The gun was illegal.
    5. Rittenhouse’s mother drove him across state lines to the riot.
    6. He was an “active shooter” who took his gun to a riot looking for trouble.
    7. Rittenhouse is a “white supremacist,” as then-candidate Joe Biden labeled him in a tweet showing the teenager’s photograph.
    8. He “flashed white power signs” with Proud Boys.
    9. He wore surgical gloves “to cover his fingerprints.”
    10. Judge Bruce Schroeder is a “Trumpy” racist biased toward the defense.
    A few more that I've heard.

11. Rittenhouse used FMJ ammo which is designed to go through multiple persons
    12. Rittenhouse fired the first shot
    13. Rittenhouse was the only one who fired a shot
    14. It is illegal for a 17 year old to open carry

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Just have to make a quick correction here, it was widely reported early on that - Grosskreutz was a felon but it it turns out he has no felony record (he does have a record, but they are misdemeanors). He was, however, there is there concealed carrying a gun with an expired concealed carry license which made his action in carrying it concealed, illegal
      You are correct. He has been charged with at least one felony but plea bargained it down to a misdemeanor.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

but somehow, he passed the bar exam.
          So did Sidney Powell [allegedly].
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            A few more that I've heard.

11. Rittenhouse used FMJ ammo which is designed to go through multiple persons
            12. Rittenhouse fired the first shot
            13. Rittenhouse was the only one who fired a shot
            14. It is illegal for a 17 year old to open carry
            Oh, yeah.... and the judge had to reprimand Bingo because of his attempt to describe the bullets as "exploding" in the body - then later, Bingo tries to make it sound like "full metal jacket" is some horrible powerful armor-piercing round that is really uncommon.

Bingo, like many liberals, doesn't know SQUAT about guns or ammo, as clearly evidenced by his aiming the weapon at persons with his finger on the trigger - after scolding the defendant about the very same thing (which was NOT what the defendant was doing).
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

So did Sidney Powell [allegedly].
              You're a lot smarter than firstfloor, so it's actually possible that you could see this as -- according to the applicable law -- an actual case of self-defense.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

There is no conceivable way that he was unaware that many of things he has said were emphatically false.
                It seems the accused has not been entirely honest either.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...xby-story.html

Testimony: Kyle Rittenhouse said he is a student at Arizona State University

In the opening minutes of his testimony, Rittenhouse told the jury he was a “college student studying nursing at Arizona State University.”

An ASU spokesman, however, said Rittenhouse “has not gone through the admissions process with Arizona State University and is not enrolled in the Edson College of Nursing and Health Innovation.” Instead, he started a nondegree seeking online program Oct. 13 — less than three weeks before the trial began.

Testimony: Kyle Rittenhouse said he was issued his bulletproof vest by the Grayslake Police Department

On the night of the shootings, Rittenhouse gave his bulletproof vest to a fellow armed guard for protection. When his attorney asked how a 17-year-old had a bulletproof vest in his possession, Rittenhouse said it was “issued to me by the Grayslake Police Department,” where he participated in the youth explorers program.

“You didn’t purchase it?” lead attorney Mark Richards asked.

“No, I did not,” Rittenhouse responded.

In an email to the Tribune, Grayslake Deputy police Chief Jeff Myhra said his department “has never issued or paid for any protective vests for the cadet program.” Instead, he says, some cadets participate in fundraising events to earn enough money to buy the vests.

“Some cadets had vests, and others did not ...,” Myhra wrote. “Vests were not a required uniform item.”

Testimony: Kyle Rittenhouse said you don’t need to be 21 to have a Firearm Identification license in Illinois

When talking about his decision to keep his AR-15-style assault rifle at his friend’s house in Wisconsin rather than take it home to Antioch, he said it was because Illinois had a backlog on its Firearm Owner’s Identification card application. Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger suggested it was also because cardholders needed to be 21 in Illinois, which Rittenhouse said was untrue.

Rittenhouse is correct.

Although the state requires FOID card applicants to be 21, minors can apply as long as they have a signed affidavit from a parent or legal guardian. The parent or legal guardian does not have to have a FOID card, but must be eligible for one, according to the Illinois State Police.

Testimony: Kyle Rittenhouse said he didn’t look at social media between the shootings and the time he turned himself in to Antioch police

On cross-examination, Rittenhouse testified he did not see any social media in the hours after the shooting because his cellphone battery had died. When Binger reminded him he was under oath and asked the question again, Rittenhouse said he couldn’t remember if he did or not.

Public records, however, clearly indicate Rittenhouse was aware that the shootings had gone viral on social media when he turned himself into Antioch police. Shortly after arriving at the station, the teen told police Officer Courtney Nemec that he had been hit in the head with a skateboard and that “there was a video of him out there on social media getting hit in the head with a skateboard.”

Last edited by Cow Poke; 11-18-2021, 09:35 AM.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Wouldn't of???
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Oh, yeah.... and the judge had to reprimand Bingo because of his attempt to describe the bullets as "exploding" in the body - then later, Bingo tries to make it sound like "full metal jacket" is some horrible powerful armor-piercing round that is really uncommon.

Bingo, like many liberals, doesn't know SQUAT about guns or ammo, as clearly evidenced by his aiming the weapon at persons with his finger on the trigger - after scolding the defendant about the very same thing (which was NOT what the defendant was doing).
                    Not to mention how he just walked over and scooped it up and started aiming it at people -- with his freaking finger on the trigger.

He didn't ask if it was unloaded.

He didn't check for himself to ascertain if it was unloaded (I doubt he would know how).

The idiot demonstrated that everything he knows about handling firearms comes from watching TV and movies. I'll bet he thinks most revolvers can fire 20-30 rounds before needing to be reloaded.

Comment

And Fatso said that there were no such things as left-handed guns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

It seems the accused has not been entirely honest either.
                        Yes, it's CLEAR that the accused - a scared 17 year old kid, lied several times. That's on the record.

Perhaps you should read the whole thread before jumping in totally uninformed.

The difference is that the attorney is a grown man, and an "officer of the court" in his role as a prosecutor, and his client is justice - not a narrative. It is ILLEGAL for him to lie to gain points in court.

Comment

Not to mention how he just walked over and scooped it up and started aiming it at people -- with his freaking finger on the trigger.

He didn't ask if it was unloaded.

He didn't check for himself to ascertain if it was unloaded (I doubt he would know how).

The idiot demonstrated that everything he knows about handling firearms comes from watching TV and movies. I'll bet he thinks most revolvers can fire 20-30 rounds before needing to be reloaded.
                          I missed the video of that. Was it during his closing or earlier? Anyone have the video+time of this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I missed the video of that. Was it during his closing or earlier? Anyone have the video+time of this?
                            I believe it was during closing -- lemme check.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

And Fatso said that there were no such things as left-handed guns.
                              Let's not forget the bizarre claim that you can't kill anyone by hitting them with a skateboard.

Comment

I believe it was during closing -- lemme check.
                                OK, so all of the video I've seen of this is from Binger's BACK, and in that video, you can see a guy in FRONT of Binger stand up and take the infamous photo of him with his finger on the trigger.

Comment