Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Maybe the prosecutor wanted the defense or judge to object, so he could say "See? That you were bothered by me pointing an empty gun at the jury, it shows how provocative Rittenhouse was when he pointed his loaded weapon at people that night! Provocation!!"
    I don't think that clown is that smart.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe the prosecutor wanted the defense or judge to object, so he could say "See? That you were bothered by me pointing an empty gun at the jury, it shows how provocative Rittenhouse was when he pointed his loaded weapon at people that night! Provocation!!"
      The defense could have said, "No, we were alarmed because of the unsafe manner with which you were handling the firearm, unlike my client who knows to keep the barrel pointed down and his finger off the trigger unless he is facing a threat."
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• On Youtube, there are several feeds that now say "Verdict Expected shortly"
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          On Youtube, there are several feeds that now say "Verdict Expected shortly"
          I saw that pop up on one feed, but hopping around to Fox and CNN I can't see anything other than apparently the Jury asked how to review video evidence and the judge said they can do so in the courtroom.

Comment

Did he personally check to verify that it was not loaded, or, as another part of the Alec Baldwin school of gun safety, did he skip that step?
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Personally, I'm tired of this wall-to-wall coverage. I wish we and the media could take a break on all the speculation and what-iffing until the jury returns their verdict.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• I think his life is ruined no matter what the verdict. He will always have to look over his shoulder for liberals wanting to make him pay for what they think he did. Whether in prison or out in public.

Comment

• mrz111721dAPR20211117064505.jpg
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• I'm getting a bad feeling about the jury verdicts. Unless they've decided to scrutinize every single charge, I sense they are hunting for something/anything they can find Rittenhouse guilty on. The drone video they've asked to review doesn't show much, and one has to fill in the blanks with imagination.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Did he personally check to verify that it was not loaded, or, as another part of the Alec Baldwin school of gun safety, did he skip that step?
                      FWICT, he didn't ask. He didn't check himself. He simply picked it up as he was talking and started pointing it at people ... with his finger in the trigger well. Of much less concern is that the idiot would have likely mildly injured himself if the weapon happened to discharge.

I'm only mildly surprised that he didn't turn the rifle sideways because that's how he thought it was done.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        I'm getting a bad feeling about the jury verdicts. Unless they've decided to scrutinize every single charge, I sense they are hunting for something/anything they can find Rittenhouse guilty on. The drone video they've asked to review doesn't show much, and one has to fill in the blanks with imagination.
                        The drone video could well show that he was being chased by the mob, and he wasn't the one on an "active shooter" spree like the lying prosecutor kept saying.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          I'm getting a bad feeling about the jury verdicts. Unless they've decided to scrutinize every single charge, I sense they are hunting for something/anything they can find Rittenhouse guilty on. The drone video they've asked to review doesn't show much, and one has to fill in the blanks with imagination.
                          At this point I'll bet on a hold out. No way to tell which way that hold out leans though.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            At this point I'll bet on a hold out. No way to tell which way that hold out leans though.
                            Doesn't matter, does it? As long as it's not unanimous?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The drone video could well show that he was being chased by the mob, and he wasn't the one on an "active shooter" spree like the lying prosecutor kept saying.
                              The drone video of the Rosenbaum shooting? I don't think it shows any more than two people pursuing Rittenhouse. I can't tell if Rosenbaum even grabs the rifle, and I can only tell for sure that one shot was fired (one puff of smoke). I mean, the video is so bad that it doesn't seem to jibe with known facts. It's nearly worthless.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Could be six jurors going in opposite directions. But I think your cartoon is right, the lousy prosecution is something both sides can agree upon.

Comment