Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kyle Rittenhouse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

She's one of those people that I absolutely have a hard time 'loving', the the Lord would have me do so. I HATE it when I watching Star Trek episodes, and she's on. She just gives me the heebie jeebies.
    Her Guinine character is kind, friendly, and wise, which is the polar opposite of who she is in real life. I actually like Guinine, so I'm forced to admit that Goldberg is, in fact, a very good actress to be able to convincingly play someone who has nothing in common with her real self.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Her Guinine character is kind, friendly, and wise, which is the polar opposite of who she is in real life. I actually like Guinine, so I'm forced to admit that Goldberg is, in fact, a very good actress to be able to convincingly play someone who has nothing in common with her real self.
      Well, there's that!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Yeah that's true. When they were discussing what would be allowed in closing, they mentioned the blurry photograph and the judge said he wanted to see the video. The Prosecution couldn't find their copy so the defense put up their copy of the drone footage. Then the prosecutor commented, "our version is much clearer."

Watch here starting at 1:44:07 for about a minute.
        https://youtu.be/9shc9CU75zc?t=6247
        I can't watch the video at the moment, but I'm picturing the prosecution saying, "Our version is much clearer," at which point the judge and defense slowly turn to look at the prosecutor who avoids their gaze, shuffles his feet, and says, "Well, I mean it's clear-ish, I guess," and trails off while the bald headed guy does another facepalm.

Edit: Okay, I've watched it, and while it's not as hilariously dramatic as what I imagined, the prosecutor clearly knows he screwed up with that admission. Rittenhouse seems to know it, too, as it looks like he is suppressing a smile.
        Last edited by Mountain Man; 11-17-2021, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Or, you can say that her character from the 30+ years ago does not match the person that she has become in her later years.

Comment

• Just like jury tampering is illegal, it outta be illegal to threaten to riot, or to riot following a verdict one does not like.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• 255953342_10221485880882009_7024820445744986_n.jpg
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Or, you can say that her character from the 30+ years ago does not match the person that she has become in her later years.
                Sure, that's a plausible explanation. Liberals do seem to have a tendency to become increasingly angry and bitter as they advance in years.

Comment

• On CNN's New Day yesterday they had a lawyer on proclaiming that a skateboard cannot be used as a lethal weapon and "nobody's ever died as a result of being hit with a skateboard."

Aside from once working with a special needs person on my first legal, tax paying job who accidentally killed a friend of hers when she hit her over the head with a skateboard when she was a child, there is this from this past May

Source: Man Found Guilty in Skateboard Attack Death of Good Samaritan

A Humboldt County jury today found a man guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Bernhard “Ben” Bertain, who died on Christmas in 2018, three days after interceding in an altercation at the Burre Center in Eureka.

Bertain, 58, was struck several times with a skateboard by Jason Ryan Barnes, now 48, while coming to the side of a laundromat employee who was standing between Barnes and a woman he was screaming in the parking lot, according to police reports at the time and a release from the Humboldt County District Attorney's Office.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Okay, just read that the prosecution had argued the same thing during the trial

If true, and they remain prosecutors, it'll be interesting to see what happens when they prosecute someone who used something not normally thought of as weapon to kill someone.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    On CNN's New Day yesterday they had a lawyer on proclaiming that a skateboard cannot be used as a lethal weapon and "nobody's ever died as a result of being hit with a skateboard."

Aside from once working with a special needs person on my first legal, tax paying job who accidentally killed a friend of hers when she hit her over the head with a skateboard when she was a child, there is this from this past May

Source: Man Found Guilty in Skateboard Attack Death of Good Samaritan

A Humboldt County jury today found a man guilty of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Bernhard “Ben” Bertain, who died on Christmas in 2018, three days after interceding in an altercation at the Burre Center in Eureka.

Bertain, 58, was struck several times with a skateboard by Jason Ryan Barnes, now 48, while coming to the side of a laundromat employee who was standing between Barnes and a woman he was screaming in the parking lot, according to police reports at the time and a release from the Humboldt County District Attorney's Office.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Okay, just read that the prosecution had argued the same thing during the trial

If true, and they remain prosecutors, it'll be interesting to see what happens when they prosecute someone who used something not normally thought of as weapon to kill someone.
                    It's absolutely ludicrous to declare that a solid object like a skateboard cannot cause death OR serious bodily harm.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
                      Back when W was president she had a TV show called "Whoopi" that might not have lasted a season before being cancelled as she turned it into a platform for angry political diatribes.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• So, Defense filed motions - have we heard anything about the Judge gonna rule on them?

Comment

It's absolutely ludicrous to declare that a solid object like a skateboard cannot cause death OR serious bodily harm.
                          The deck alone could mess somebody up. Then you add the trucks and, yeah, that certainly qualifies as a deadly weapon if used to intentionally strike somebody with it.

Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if there are people who watched that CNN segment and nodded their heads in agreement.

Comment

The defense attorney should have taken a skateboard and slammed it down on the DA's desk and when they reacted told them to relax, it's just a skateboard. It's not like it could hurt you.

If you hit the edge of the desk with the edge of the skateboard I bet you could put a big dent in the desk. And then ask the DA does he think if such a blow had hit a skull could it have been life-threatening.

Comment

• Kyle Rittenhouse Prosecutor Might Have Broken the Law with AR-15 Demonstration

The Kyle Rittenhouse trial is about to end. The prosecution and the defense delivered closing argument yesterday. Now, the jury is deliberating. Rittenhouse was 17 years old at the time when he shot and killed Anthony Huber and Joe Rosenbaum in Kenosha, Wisconsin during the 2020 riots. He claims it was self-defense—and the video evidence sure backs that up. The testimony of Gaige Grosskreutz who was also shot by Rittenhouse in the arm also blew up the prosecution’s case. He admitted to being shot once he pointed his firearm at Rittenhouse. Huber and Rosenbaum were also no angels. Huber was a rapist and a wife beater. Rosenbaum was a convicted sexual predator. I’m not shedding any tears for them. Our own Julio Rosas is covering the trial at Kenosha right now.

Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger has been the main clown in this spectacle, making so many odd remarks and arguments that you sort of get lost in this spaghetti of insanity. The judge even reprimanded him for trying to pull a fast one when it came to the criteria concerning cross-examination. Oh, and he pointed an AR-15 at folks inside the courtroom. He was demonstrating something concerning the weapon but ironically didn’t consider basic gun safety during the demonstration which might have run afoul of the law. I’m not kidding.

FEQlRPmXsAgFRQe.jfif

Comment

I really wish the judge would have ordered the bailiff to grab that AR out of the prosecutor's hands and tell him - PRETEND from now on, or use a broomstick!
                                Maybe the prosecutor wanted the defense or judge to object, so he could say "See? That you were bothered by me pointing an empty gun at the jury, it shows how provocative Rittenhouse was when he pointed his loaded weapon at people that night! Provocation!!"

Comment