Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Finally, undeniable proof that Trump is a racist!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, undeniable proof that Trump is a racist!

Trump joins Braves fans in 'tomahawk chop' during World Series Game 4

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trump...-series-game-4
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Trump joins Braves fans in 'tomahawk chop' during World Series Game 4

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trump...-series-game-4
    But he's supporting Native Americans over Texans.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      But he's supporting Native Americans over Texans.
      You had to throw a monkey wrench in!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Why aren’t they changing the name of the team yet. If "the chop" is so racist, then surely the moniker of the team is, too.

I’m so confused by all this racist stuff!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Why aren’t they changing the name of the team yet. If "the chop" is so racist, then surely the moniker of the team is, too.

I’m so confused by all this racist stuff!
          Not that it would matter to those on the left but the Tomahawk Chop is used by the Atlanta Braves and Florida State University (whose football team is called the Seminoles). In fact it became popular in Atlanta in the early '90s when Deion Sanders who had played at FSU would do it during Spring training (their camp is in Florida) to fire up the FSU fans attending the games.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Not that it would matter to those on the left but the Tomahawk Chop is used by the Atlanta Braves and Florida State University (whose football team is called the Seminoles). In fact it became popular in Atlanta in the early '90s when Deion Sanders who had played at FSU would do it during Spring training (their camp is in Florida) to fire up the FSU fans attending the games.
            But Deion Sanders is black so he's allowed. It IS all confusing.

Comment

I understand why they do it, but if it’s so racist, as I’ve heard it being complained about by the left in the not too distant past, why haven’t they banned it completely and changed the names of the teams?

Or is "Braves" ok because it isn’t offensive to native Americans?

I mean, the Edmonton hockey team virtuously changed its name from Eskimos, which some liberal nut job claimed was racist, to the innocuous "Elks", which apparently only offends me because it is just stupid that they couldn’t come up with something better.

What happened to the "let’s change the names of all sports teams to inoffensive crap" movement from earlier this year?

My point is that the left, as always, is straining at gnats and swallowing camels.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I understand why they do it, but if it’s so racist, as I’ve heard it being complained about by the left in the not too distant past, why haven’t they banned it completely and changed the names of the teams?

Or is "Braves" ok because it isn’t offensive to native Americans?

I mean, the Edmonton hockey team virtuously changed its name from Eskimos, which some liberal nut job claimed was racist, to the innocuous "Elks", which apparently only offends me because it is just stupid that they couldn’t come up with something better.

What happened to the "let’s change the names of all sports teams to inoffensive crap" movement from earlier this year?

My point is that the left, as always, is straining at gnats and swallowing camels.
                In many of the cases where a team was badgered into changing their name the local Native Americans were strongly against the change in that they realized that the name was selected in order to honor them.

Comment

I mean, the Edmonton hockey team virtuously changed its name from Eskimos, which some liberal nut job claimed was racist, to the innocuous "Elks", which apparently only offends me because it is just stupid that they couldn't come up with something better.
                  elk.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                    That’s the first thing I said when they picked Elks! How offensive to the animal!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                      Coming home from breakfast an eight point deer ran out in front of me and then along side the car for a couple hundred feet. He wasn't very big for the size rack that he had. I mean my first reaction was "%$@# that's a tall dog" -- until I saw the antlers.

Comment