Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrats strike down COVID testing requirement for illegal immigrants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats strike down COVID testing requirement for illegal immigrants

On Wednesday, the proposal made by Red. Marianette Miller-Meeks (R-IA) that would require a negative COVID test for any illegal migrant before being released from custody was blocked by 217 Democrats in the House.

The proposal, called the REACT Act, was introduced twice this year, the first time being in March. On both occasions, it was blocked by House Democrats, despite a record-level surge in illegal migration over the summer of 2021.

"Today, I offered my REACT Act on the House floor, which would require DHS to give a COVID test to everyone crossing our border illegally. The majority chose to block this common-sense bill that would ensure the health and safety of border patrol and border communities."

"To quote directly from the report: 'CBP does not conduct COVID 19 testing for migrants who enter CBP custody and is not required to do so.'"

"The report further stated that: 'We recommend DHS reassess its COVID 19 response framework to identify areas for improvement to mitigate the spread of COVID 19 while balancing its primary mission of securing the border.'"

"Currently, everyone legally entering the United States by plane is required to display a negative test for COVID 19. Why aren’t we requiring this of those who come here illegally?"

"Numerous public health officials – and I am one – have stated that the failure of US authorities to test adult migrants for the coronavirus in jam-packed border processing centers is creating the potential for new transmissions, including among migrants who may have arrived healthy at America's door."

Rep. Miller Meeks then went on to point out that people coming in from Afghanistan "rightly" have to undergo COVID testing and even get the vaccine upon arrival.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Unless there 's some explanation for this, why Dems are secretly busing migrant children to residential areas, why Dems are relentlessly pushing jab mandates on US citizens but not migrants, conspiracy theories are justified.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

On Wednesday, the proposal made by Red. Marianette Miller-Meeks (R-IA) that would require a negative COVID test for any illegal migrant before being released from custody was blocked by 217 Democrats in the House.

The proposal, called the REACT Act, was introduced twice this year, the first time being in March. On both occasions, it was blocked by House Democrats, despite a record-level surge in illegal migration over the summer of 2021.

"Today, I offered my REACT Act on the House floor, which would require DHS to give a COVID test to everyone crossing our border illegally. The majority chose to block this common-sense bill that would ensure the health and safety of border patrol and border communities."

"To quote directly from the report: 'CBP does not conduct COVID 19 testing for migrants who enter CBP custody and is not required to do so.'"

"The report further stated that: 'We recommend DHS reassess its COVID 19 response framework to identify areas for improvement to mitigate the spread of COVID 19 while balancing its primary mission of securing the border.'"

"Currently, everyone legally entering the United States by plane is required to display a negative test for COVID 19. Why aren’t we requiring this of those who come here illegally?"

"Numerous public health officials – and I am one – have stated that the failure of US authorities to test adult migrants for the coronavirus in jam-packed border processing centers is creating the potential for new transmissions, including among migrants who may have arrived healthy at America's door."

Rep. Miller Meeks then went on to point out that people coming in from Afghanistan "rightly" have to undergo COVID testing and even get the vaccine upon arrival.
      Didn't they unanimously vote against requiring that the illegal immigrants that old Joe opened the gates wide open for be vaxxed or at least tested a month ago or so?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Didn't they unanimously vote against requiring that the illegal immigrants that old Joe opened the gates wide open for be vaxxed or at least tested a month ago or so?
        It has come up several times.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It has come up several times.
          So they are all for firing front line responders if they don't get vaxxed but are unanimously against illegal immigrants even being tested before coming into the country.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            So they are all for firing front line responders if they don't get vaxxed but are unanimously against illegal immigrants even being tested before coming into the country.
            To me, it's absolute proof that they don't give a flyin' flip about mass vaccination, and it's more about control.

If they REALLY cared about "herd immunity" or a high degree of vaccination, why wouldn't they include illegals?

Comment

To me, it's absolute proof that they don't give a flyin' flip about mass vaccination, and it's more about control.

If they REALLY cared about "herd immunity" or a high degree of vaccination, why wouldn't they include illegals?
              Best case scenario would be that they don't really care about covid because it's not as serious as they're claiming, and that it's all about controlling society in the US with an authoritarian boot.

Worse scenario is that they're intentionally trying to spread it to get the covid numbers higher.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Best case scenario would be that they don't really care about covid because it's not as serious as they're claiming, and that it's all about controlling society in the US with an authoritarian boot.

Worse scenario is that they're intentionally trying to spread it to get the covid numbers higher.
                Neither of those would surprise me.

Comment

Unless there 's some explanation for this, why Dems are secretly busing migrant children to residential areas, why Dems are relentlessly pushing jab mandates on US citizens but not migrants, conspiracy theories are justified.
                  The explanation, as I understand it, is that the border patrol simply does the have the resources to do it. And so the issue is handled later in the process, with testing and vaccination landing in the laps of later destinations.

While it certainly would be best to get to them at first contact, and I would gladly support efforts to make that happen, if resources don't exist and can't be made to exist there to properly test and separate them, legislation to do it won't accomplish much except overwork the patrol and likely result in even longer delays processing the incoming.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

The explanation, as I understand it, is that the border patrol simply does the have the resources to do it. And so the issue is handled later in the process, with testing and vaccination landing in the laps of later destinations.

While it certainly would be best to get to them at first contact, and I would gladly support efforts to make that happen, if resources don't exist and can't be made to exist there to properly test and separate them, legislation to do it won't accomplish much except overwork the patrol and likely result in even longer delays processing the incoming.
                    If it were important enough, and we're spending trillions of dollars here and there, they would do it.

Comment

If it were important enough, and we're spending trillions of dollars here and there, they would do it.
                      If the only resource we were talking about was money, I'd fully agree.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

If the only resource we were talking about was money, I'd fully agree.
                        Part of the problem, of course, is medical professionals, but the mandate only makes that worse.

In addition, Biden's immigration policy is an open door to all of the thousands that are streaming in.

If vaccination is such a priority, you'd see much greater effort here.

Comment

Nah, not buying it. It didn't seem to be a problem a year ago. When Biden got into office, it all of sudden became a crisis. Also, the whole "the unvaccinated is causing the pandemic" charade in order to get more folks vaccinated becomes a lie, because they're obviously not concerned about folks getting vaccinated in order to stop the spread if they're actually voting against controlling the virus at the border.

Comment

Nah, not buying it. It didn't seem to be a problem a year ago. When Biden got into office, it all of sudden became a crisis. Also, the whole "the unvaccinated is causing the pandemic" charade in order to get more folks vaccinated becomes a lie, because they're obviously not concerned about folks getting vaccinated in order to stop the spread if they're actually voting against controlling the virus at the border.
                            Our little area managed to vaccinate 7,500 people PER DAY, in the parking lot of the Fair Grounds. We had National Guard troops assisting, so, yeah, there's no excuse for not being on top of this IF it was as important as Biden's admin claims.

Comment

Our little area managed to vaccinate 7,500 people PER DAY, in the parking lot of the Fair Grounds. We had National Guard troops assisting, so, yeah, there's no excuse for not being on top of this IF it was as important as Biden's admin claims.
                              And it's not like they're being conservative about federal deficits, nor are they concerned about inflation or decimating the dollar, and considering they have the federal reserve by their side (with Yellen and Powell 100% on board their spending insanity), they have unlimited amounts of cash to print and spend. So it's obviously not a money thing.

Comment